Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/29/2006, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

@qu@m@an - where are you - I need $

@qu@m@n, I sent you the supplements you wanted and it shows you received them several days ago. I still haven't received any money through paypal yet. Granted, I probably shouldn't have sent the supplements until paypal showed a payment but I trusted you to pay. Please send me payment of $13.00 like we agreed. It actually cost me $11.67 to ship so I'm making less than $2 because I'm sticking to our $13.00 agreement. Please send payment! Thank you.
Old 12/05/2006, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

I got in contact with this guy and he basically told me he wasn't sure if he wanted the supplements after all. The problem with this is he told me the price was good, asked how I wanted paid and gave me his address for shipping. I guess he changed his mind after I shipped it. He just doesn't think he can use the supplements after all. It's only $13.00. He said he would pay me eventually and to be patient because he's going to try and sell the supplements to his fellow reef friends.

I know I should have waited for him to paypal me before I shipped it but I was too trusting and shipped anyway because he said he wanted it and gave me his address.

I just don't see why I should have to wait to be paid (if I even get paid at all) simply because he changed his mind after he received it.

Just letting everyone know to get paid first on paypal before shipping!
Old 12/12/2006, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

I think everyone I know always gets the payment first. No offense, that was kinda stupid. I guess you learned your lesson. The ball is in his court now, not yours so you have to wait on him.
Old 12/14/2006, 12:12 AM
Registered Member

Yep, it was stupid. I had sold several items and this one got sent off the same time as all the others. It was packaged up and ready to go, just waiting on $ but I must have picked it up and sent it on it's way along with the others that were paid. I'll pay closer attention next time. It's only $13.00 on his part. He asked it to be sent and gave me the address and now feels he doesn't owe because he changed his mind. What nerve!
Old 12/15/2006, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

Good luck getting the money.
Old 12/16/2006, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

Thanks, I haven't heard anything from him other than, "I changed my mind". So, everyone be careful and get your money first!
Old 12/16/2006, 12:22 AM
Registered Member

i always have ebay items sitting here sold waiting on payment. i ask for details on payment if not using paypal and i give them 7 days to pay or it gets relisted. sad that he can't afford to pay $13. for something he asked for and has received. i'd tell him to return the items and call it even. i always say, if ya can't pay - don't bid! you can reort him to e-bay as non-payment, that will slow his ebay shopping waydown!
Old 12/16/2006, 10:30 PM
Eye Bol

what a @#%! no class. sorry dude. at least it's a cheap lesson learned!
Old 12/17/2006, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

I guess I don't understand why he would rather have negative feedback instead of paying the small amount. Yes, at least it was only $13.00 and my time that I'm out.
Old 01/09/2007, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Some people are just idiots man.
Old 01/09/2007, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Still no money and no reply from him other than the original "I changed my mind"...after I sent the stuff.
Old 01/09/2007, 10:19 PM
RC Sponsor

Location: Fringes of the REEF and cultural desert Arkansas, USA
LOL if only all lifes lessons could cost $13

What a loser to give up his Karma for $13