Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Old 11/07/2006, 06:19 AM
raider77 raider77 is offline
Premium Member

Location: south jersey
Allurex22 is dishonest seller!!!!!!

I won an ebay auction from this guy. I was to receive 7 frags of zoas and palys and next day shipping. I paid for them as soon as I won the auction. In my paypal message and ebay message I asked when he would ship. He didn't respond until after he shipped . He shipped it 2nd day instead of next day and shipped without a heatpack when the temp was in the 40's. I contacted him as soon as I got the package to tell him the water was ice cold. And that the frags aren't going to make it.I asked him if he wanted pics of the frags he sent . He finally asked me to send pics of them and I did several times He only responded when I said , I would post negative feedback on RC and other forums he was selling on. This guy is dishonest and unprofessional as a seller. I will post pics and our communications to back up my end. Beware of this guy!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Just win baby!!!!!! Committed to excellence.
Old 11/07/2006, 01:16 PM
allurex22 allurex22 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Ann Arbor, MI
okay look this is getting rediculus. #1 i have never not returned your e-mails, or pm ?EVERYTHING HAS BEEN RESPONDED TO!!!! except for this weekend when i was gone, and unable to check my mail. when i can me back i sent you an e-mail ASAP. you are lying so much too me that's it's crazy you tell everyone your frags came at 40 degree and you tell me they were at 68 degree... what is it? plus you say the clonies are dead? all the pics only show one dead colony. and they are all taken in dark morning light!!! nothing is under normal tank lighting. like you turn on antics to take pics i can't even see the zoos.. of course they are going to be closed. it's DARK!!! enough is enough, your making my name bad, and you are lying like crazy... so here's the e-mails and stuff that i "never responded too... good luck reefing... i've told you that i have no problem fixing anything but not when you lie to me about stuff and lie to others about me. you keep changing all your stories.. won't get me good pics... how do you want me to work with you when you can't even be honest with me!!

here's the great pics i was sent of the corals to prove they were dead:

and here's all the e-mails i didn't respond to... starting out with you RESPONDING TO MY FIRST E-MAIL BACK TO YOU AFTER YOU CLAIMED THEY WERE ALL DEAD.

Oops I didn't see the second part of your email my fault. I will get you the best pics I can. I am not trying to be an *** just want everything to be right. I have had enough shipments of zoas to know a little something. I have over a 60 types of zoas and palys. I appreciate you responding everytime and hope this works out. And once again I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.
From: Allurex22@aol.com
send pics of the zoos so i can see them and see they are dead. and re -read my last e-mail I DID EXPLAIN where the other frag was. one of your rocks has 2 frags on it. i said that in the previous two e-mails to you!

Did you get the pics I sent to you?

From: Allurex22@aol.com
send pics of the zoos so i can see them and see they are dead. and re -read my last e-mail I DID EXPLAIN where the other frag was.
I sent these to you yesterday and don't know if you got them. So here they are again. Let me know what you are going to do?
Thanks Aaron
From: Allurex22@aol.com
send pics of the zoos so i can see them and see they are dead. and re -read my last e-mail I DID EXPLAIN where the other frag was.

This is the last time I contact you. I see you had enough time to visit mich reefers and club -zoa. But you can't find the time to fix this ! I will have to take another route to fix it myself. I will post some pics and a little info on our dealings on all the forums we belong to Club-zoa ,reefcentral,ebay and michigan reefers. Just to let people know what they are dealing with. And the money is not a big deal either because I paid with a credit card so no loss for me. I wish we could have worked this out, because I believe in second chances. If you think we can get this resovled email me with a resolution.

From: Allurex22@aol.com
okay well first off nobody said anything about not fixing it so post what you want and then there will be no fixing it, if your going to be rude to me about it. nobody has said one thing about not fixing it!! i asked you to get pics, it took you a while, you finally got me good ones. and no i didn't have time to check this, when my computer signs on my HOMEPAGE IS FOR THOES SITES! so it always says i log on. i don't check aol all the time plus i was gone this weekend. sorry that it took me 24 hrs to get back with you, it took almost 48hrs after the you received the frags to get me pics and at that, there's only 2 colonies that looked dead the rest looked closed. If you can get me one more set of pics, so that i can see they are still closed i would appreciate it. you have to be more paitent, i understand your mad and want things fixed, but right now your assuming that i'm not taking care of things sending me e-mails threating to hurt my rep, it makes me not want to fix a thing. i know all the people that trade/sell buy from me on all those sites, they know i am good for anything and fixing any problems i have been trading and selling for a WHILE. Also i have YET to not respond to you and try to work with you. so i would appreciate the threats and comments to stop.

From aaron:
First I would like to say these were not threats. Just a ploy to get you to reply. Like I said I believe in second chances in this hobby. I contacted you hours after receiving the frags and asked you if needed pics. And I don't want to be your enemy or have you feel negative about me. I'm sure this has happened to you if you been in this hobby for the years you say. And you have to admit you get nervous when the person doesn't answer you right away. We deal with screen names and feedback ratings you lnow what I mean. I would love to have this problem fixed so we can go on. I wanted to buy one of the zoa packs you had for sale on RC and Club Zoa, but this was preventing that. If you look up my post and replies on any of these forums you will see " I love zoanthids and palys". And always become a repeat customer for a good seller or trader. You have alot of nice stuff from what I've see so far and I would like to continue
dealing with you.
I will get you new pics by this afternoon when the lights come on. You will definetly be able to see what I am saying now. These are honestly gone no chance of opening.
Thanks for responding everytime. I am impatient but also impulsive and that benefits you and I.
So let's fix this so I can buy more of your zoas and plays like those supermans.(hint,hint)
Old 11/07/2006, 01:17 PM
allurex22 allurex22 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Ann Arbor, MI
all these responese aren't to mention the pms i have replied to as well as the ebay e-mails i replied to... so where does the fact that i don't reply to you come in???i mean look at the last e-mail and all the stuff you say!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/07/2006, 01:23 PM
allurex22 allurex22 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Ann Arbor, MI
also how can frags wrapped in fleece,and packed in a U-LINER being shipped in a truck to jersey... get to be 40 degrees??
Old 11/07/2006, 02:28 PM
raider77 raider77 is offline
Premium Member

Location: south jersey
First off I siad the temp outside was in the 40's and the water was 57 degrees. You shipped in sandwich bags full of water, wrapped in a pillow case. You didn't ship next day. You only sent 6 frags. And I sent you pics more then once. The first sent was actinics and your full of it. Why should they be closed when the lights are on. Your zoas don't open with actinics on? Show all the emails and pm's. And as far as what I said in the last email only proves my point. I wanted what I paid for and would give you a chance to fix your mess. It's no big deal I will get my money back.
__________________
Just win baby!!!!!! Committed to excellence.
Old 11/07/2006, 02:54 PM
raider77 raider77 is offline
Premium Member

Location: south jersey
Where are all the dates from those emails you posted? Where's the ebay replies and pm replies? Anybody is this hobby would try to work out something first. You had what I wanted. I paid you for them and shipping and you didn't come through on your end. And now your making a bigger jerk of yourself! Here's the second set of pics I sent you

If you need more pics check my gallery. All you had to do was admit you made a mistake. Now here we are out the open.
__________________
Just win baby!!!!!! Committed to excellence.
Old 11/07/2006, 03:25 PM
weimers75 weimers75 is offline
Registered Member

Location: Toledo
Look, I don't know either one of you, so looking at the e-mails and being as objective as possible, it DOES look like allurex has tried to make things right. Even if he didn't post all of the e-mails, it does say in raider77's e-mail that he admits that Allurex responded to everyone of your e-mails. This isn't what allurex said, its what raider77 said. Then on this thread raider77 claims goes on to say they weren't responded to? Something seems fishy, especially since raider77 posted this on several sites.
Old 11/07/2006, 03:31 PM
raider77 raider77 is offline
Premium Member

Location: south jersey
I posted on several sites because he is selling on several sites.
__________________
Just win baby!!!!!! Committed to excellence.
Old 11/07/2006, 03:39 PM

From:Allurex22@aol.com
[Add to Address Book]

To:kathleenn16@comcast.net
Subject:Re: more zoos
Date:Sunday, November 05, 2006 2:23:41 AM
okay well first off nobody said anything about not fixing it so post what you want and then there will be no fixing it. nobody has said one thing about not fixing it!! i asked you to get pics, it took you a while, you finally got me good ones. and no i didn't have time to check this, when my computer signs on my HOMEPAGE IS FOR THOES SITES! so it always says i log on. i don't check aol all the time. sorry that it took me longer than 24 hrs to get back with you, it took almost 48hrs after the you received the frags to get me pics and at that, there's only 2 colonies that looked dead the rest looked closed. If you can get me one more set of pics, so that i can see they are still closed i would appreciate it. you have to be more paitent, i understand your mad and want things fixed, but right now your assuming that i'm not taking care of things sending me e-mails threating to hurt my rep, it makes me not want to fix a thing. i know all the people that trade/sell buy from me on all those sites, they know i am good for anything and fixing any problems i have been trading and selling for a WHILE. Also i have YET to not respond to you and try to work with you. so i would appreciate the threats to stop.

INBOX: Email 11 of 31 Move to Folder INBOX Draft Screened Mail SentMail Trash they'll make it, i ship all the time with 2nd day all the time in the US... i have a website as well as selling them through many reffinf websites. wether i shipped overnight or not the temp would still be the same. they're zoos not lps or sps which is tempermental.

definetly take pics, of all the frags individually so i can see them. we'll go from there... and the 6-7 thing is because one frag should have 2 kinds on it.
__________________
Just win baby!!!!!! Committed to excellence.
Old 11/07/2006, 03:49 PM
Illuminati Illuminati is offline
A.K.A. colinadam

Location: Antioch, IL
Shouldn't E-Bay feedback be left on E-Bay. This doesn't really impact any of his RC transactions.
Old 11/07/2006, 03:51 PM
raider77 raider77 is offline
Premium Member

Location: south jersey
Re: frags
sorry like i said i am never on that mail account. it would have been much easier to catch me on here. let me take a look i will get back to you tonight.
[/quote]

These are the only responses I got!! And notice the emails I posted from him are the actual emails not edited
__________________
Just win baby!!!!!! Committed to excellence.
Old 11/07/2006, 03:52 PM
raider77 raider77 is offline
Premium Member

Location: south jersey
Isn"t he selling on RC also?
__________________
Just win baby!!!!!! Committed to excellence.
Old 11/07/2006, 03:53 PM
allurex22 allurex22 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Ann Arbor, MI
okay last post and i'm done

you lied again first off it was wrapped in FLEECE, ALSO it was packing in a ULINE PACKAGE, which for anyone who doesn't know it's a foam, lining for cold weather. so there you are lying to everyone AGAIN!!!!!! about something as stupid as how it was packed!!!

seriously raider i tried making good with you.. you put my name WAY DOWN and LIED about everything your story keeps changing i was trying to fix everything WITH NO PROBLEM even when you DIDN'T SEND ME good pics, i was going to send you a whole new pack, but you definetly took it to the next level. plus i have been getting pms about you saying that you have posted problems with other peoples packs. so it seems like your just trying to get your money back. I'm really sorry you haven't been honest, you lied about me replying to you and made me look bad when all i was trying to do was fix it, but i am not willing to fix it now.
i apologize to anyone who is reading this thinking i am a bad trader i'm not, all the other sites will show you this is the first out of almost 39 sales/ trades there has been a situation like this. hopefully everyone can read the e-mails posted and see what's going on. thanks.
Old 11/07/2006, 04:10 PM
raider77 raider77 is offline
Premium Member

Location: south jersey
I also received a pm about you. And your right about me complaining about another package I received. But thats not your business. I have every right to complain when I have to been ripped off! Your pillowcase was fleece your right and this is my last response.
__________________
Just win baby!!!!!! Committed to excellence.
Old 11/07/2006, 04:10 PM
mhurley mhurley is offline
RC Admin

Location: Naperville, IL
Thread closed. Complete this mess off line please.

Oh and allurex22, don't think that we have not noticed that you've got a total of 50 posts to your name; The magic number needed to use the selling forums. If your only purpose on Reef Central is for commerce, you may want to consider another board.
__________________
Mike
RC Staff

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc
Old 11/14/2006, 07:20 PM
Alexpescado Alexpescado is offline
Registered Member

Location: Long Island
BUYER BEWARE DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ALLUREX22

I recently ordered a zoo frag pack from allurex22.There were 7 frags for $122. All the frags were sent in one ziploc sandwich bag,not labeled,no packing material,no insulated box, and they arrived very cold.I repeatedly told him that the frags were not opening and that they were extremely stressed.The next few
mornings I would check hoping to see the polyps open.After one week I have three frags with two polyps open,three frags with
no polyps open, and one which is near death melting away.I furnished pictures to him and he is saying that nothing is dead,definitely nothing doa, and there is no guarantee,only if they arrive dead from shipping or dead after 24 hours.I asked him,"Do you think you did a good job packing the frags"Would you be happy receiving what you sent me and paying $122."
It is not the money it is the principle.If they were packed correctly
maybe I would have healthy frags and not just six polyps open.
He is also very condescending and defensive, telling me that I am new and how many trades he has made.I want nothing from him.

YOU CAN NOT PUT A PRICE ON YOUR REPUTATION!
Old 11/14/2006, 08:59 PM
allurex22 allurex22 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Ann Arbor, MI
these zoos alex? which are not dead?!? you didn't send me pics for 6 days.. and you are claiming they are dead.. they are in your tank alive.. you even sent me pics of them!! i'm not even arguing this it's crazy that you are saying i sent you bad corals when none even arrived dead PLUS it's 6 days later none are dead !! i see you are a new member it seems like you read this post and jumped on the band wagon becuase you haven't seen EVERY POLY open all at once.. most were palys which really rarely are all open at once! you can't put a price on reputation and i did nothing but help... and did not give you bad corals. heres your pics to even prove they aren't dead!

i recieved the pics, i'm sorry but none look dead there seems to be polys open on all of them except one and the one that isn't open defiently isn't looking dead... i understand some may not have opend yet. but none are dead at this point.

quote:

Alexpescado wrote on 11/12/2006 07:24 PM:
I emailed you photos this morning.
Alex
zoos
I believe your name is Phil,correct me if I am wrong.There are polyps open on three of the frags with no more than two polyps open on any of them.The other three frags have no polyps open on them with one of the frags being fuzzy whiteish looking like it is dying.I really would like this to end in the right way.I do not think this is normal that out of all the frags you sent me that there are only a total of six polyps open after a week and I believe that they were truly stressed during shipping.I do not know what or if you are willing to do something but let me know.I feel that I spent 122 dollars with you and all the frags are not doing that well.I would like to in the end say that we resolved the situation and made good.
Thanks,
Alex

zoos
First of all I am a newer member but I have been reeefkeeping for a few years.The zoos were placed on the bottom of my tanks.
I placed one on the bottom of my 46 bow tank with Tek T-5 lighting.The other frags were placed in a 40breeder also on the bottom.On the 40 breeder I have Corallife Power Compacts.I have lots of zoos and various corals in both tanks.By the way I just bought this week from Kenny(Pookstreet on RC) and his stuff was packed proffessionally and the frags opened up beautifully.
I also sent him a PM and told him I was sorry that I did not purchase more and look forward to doing business with him.
I think that you should worry more about what you are selling
than looking for what I have posted.It really sounds like you are doubting me.I am 43 years old and a father of three, I have a lot
better things to do.I know when something is good and when something is not right.

zoos
First of all I have not blown up and gone crazy.I am just truly dissappointed that the zoos have not open.I agree that I owe you a picture and I will get it to you asap.I have not made excuses about the pictures.I have not furnished them because I bought a new camera and I can not locate the rechargeable battery.
I look every morning and after work in the evening hoping they
would open and I would not have to bother you.I hope you understand my dissappointment.

zoos
Hi, I am trying to find my battery charger for my camera.If not I will buy a new one.It is 5 or 6 days now and the most polyps open on any of the frags are two, with at three of them having no polyps open at all.I have a lot of other zoo colonies in the tank
and they are all doing well.I will say that when the frags arrived
to me I thought that they were in very cold water.Being that I
have done business with other members I do not think that they were packed correctly.All of the frags were in one bag and there was no insulation or any packing material.I have to say that I am quite dissappointed.I would like to know if you would like me to return them to you and you refund my money.It is a shame because the few polyps that are open exhibit very nice color.
In the future you should rethink the way you are packing those frags.I received some zoo frags from another member last week
with each frag in a separate small labeled bag.,heat pack, and packing material in the box.Those zoos opened within 2 hours.
Thanks,
Alex

zoos
Hi,
I am going to try and get you some pics.My camera is not very hi-tech.The zoos still have very few polyps open and 3 of the frags have no polyps open.
Thanks,
Alex

MY REPLIES TO YOU!

Re: zoos
i unerstand where your comming from but you have to understand where i am comming frorm. nothing in the pictures you sent me are dead. definetly nothing was doa, since it took so long to get pics to me (almost a full week). i can't be there to see everyday that there's only a few palys open on each frag. from what you sent me the fags themselves are alive. and open. excet the one on the top left which doesn't appear to be open, but also doesn't appear to be dead. normally the only gaurantee is on arrival if it comes to you dead from shipping or dead within 24hrs, it's been almost a week and you are just now getting me pics which show no sign of death. i have no problem replacing the one on the left just let me know which one it is.

Re: zoos
i recieved the pics, i'm sorry but none look dead there seems to be polys open on all of them except one and the one that isn't open defiently isn't looking dead... i understand some may not have opend yet. but none are dead at this point.

Last edited by allurex22; 11/14/2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11/14/2006, 09:44 PM
Alexpescado Alexpescado is offline
Registered Member

Location: Long Island
I really have nothing to say to you but you should have packed the frags properly.Those photos are after one week.Can you count how many polyps are open on all of those frags.There are six and one of the five frags on the oyster shell is dead.I am a new member and after I had a problem with you I said to myself ,"Let me see if anyone else had a problem with this seller."So I checked the buyer/seller forum and guess what? You should have exhibited more care in packing and shipping,maybe the frags would be healthier.I do not want anything from you.Like I said it is your reputation.
Old 11/14/2006, 09:57 PM
allurex22 allurex22 is offline
Registered Member.

Location: Ann Arbor, MI
i'm really sorry but your frags were packed proper heat pack adn all OBVIOUSLY THEY AREN'T DEAD! anyhow good luck reefing i hope that you realize that you recieved a perfectly good shiptment nothing dead and your putting my name down becuse you read a previous post by someone else. who oddly enough was a new reefer also. that makes me doubt ever sending things to people who don't have alot of time/posts on here... which it shouldn't be that way. you did recieve your corals packed properly! and alive and well..
Old 11/14/2006, 10:18 PM
Alexpescado Alexpescado is offline
Registered Member

Location: Long Island
I see you registered April 2006 five months before me.Does that make you a veteran reefer?I am new here but not new to reefing.Bottom line is you shouldpack your frags with a little care.You exhibited none!No heat pack,all the frags dumped into one ziploc sandwich bag,no packing material, and no insulated box.I happen to love this hobby.There have been a lot of people who have been very good to me and I am learning everyday.If I were shipping frags to somebody I would do my best to get them there in good shape so that they could enjoy them.If you are into reefing to make a quick buck you should get out!
Old 11/15/2006, 01:43 AM
Thhitman Thhitman is offline
Registered Member

Location: Charlotte, NC
Who could look at those pics and say that he received a perfectly good shipment?
Old 11/15/2006, 07:19 AM
Stoney Mahony Stoney Mahony is offline
Free Thinker

Location: Orlando, Fl
Quote:
Originally posted by allurex22
anyhow good luck reefing i hope that you realize that you recieved a perfectly good shiptment nothing dead and your putting my name down becuse you read a previous post by someone else. who oddly enough was a new reefer also. that makes me doubt ever sending things to people who don't have alot of time/posts on here... which it shouldn't be that way.
Dude, you only have 53 posts. I would call that pretty "new" to the community. As the mod said, your only 3 posts over how many you need to sell.

Quote:
Originally posted by allurex22
most were palys which really rarely are all open at once!
Thats pretty funny b/c my palys always all open at once and very rarely close up.
__________________
"Don't these silly monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?" MJK

"Free thinkers are dangerous!"
Serj Tankian
Old 11/15/2006, 08:29 AM
60Cubed 60Cubed is offline
Eye Bol

Location: pensacola, fl
well, i just ordered a set of frags from him and everything looked good. i got a blasty and a tort. he even gave me an extra milli and blasty frag for free. i am in business for myself. i own three companies. you can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time! don't know him personally, but my transaction went off without a hitch. as far as the 50 post. who really cares. that's RC rules and he seems to be following them. if RC wanted more correspondence, they should have made the post limit 200 or more. that's my opinion. he is not offering any more than anybody else on these forums. and allurex22, my red blasty is doing ok. should come on around so we are good. everything else is perfecto and if you have anything i see i like in the future, i will do business with you again.
thanks,
lance
Old 11/15/2006, 08:49 AM
60Cubed 60Cubed is offline
Eye Bol

Location: pensacola, fl
and also, i would leave you positive feedback but...... RC will not allow me to yet because i haven't been a registered member for at least 90 days! go figure. anyway as soon as my"90 days" are up i will post a positive listing for you. i think it will be in about a week or so. and RC, i like the fact that individuals have the ability to sell and trade corals on your forums. this allows us as reefers to distribute the colonies throughout the world so as to keep certain specis alive in "our world." i finally got the tort i wanted at a good price. four frags for $80.00 shipped overnight to my door. that's cheaper than my LFS! allurex22, keep reefin........keep sellin......and we'll ( I'll anyway) keep buyin!

lance
Old 11/15/2006, 10:03 AM
Stoney Mahony Stoney Mahony is offline
Free Thinker

Location: Orlando, Fl
Quote:
Originally posted by 60Cubed
as far as the 50 post. who really cares. that's RC rules and he seems to be following them. if RC wanted more correspondence, they should have made the post limit 200 or more. that's my opinion. thanks,
lance
I was simply pointing out the fact that he said he was having problems b/c he is selling to new reefers who don't have many posts when he himself does not have many posts, only 3 over the required amount. I would expect to hear this kind of statement from someone with 1000+ posts but not 53. I don't care about post count either but thats a bit hipocritical to say the least. Its like saying, I registered a week earlier than you so im the expert. Also the buyers clearly stated that they had been reefing for a while as he said he had. End point is....You can't get on here w/ 50 posts and act like you are some veteran over people with less b/c posts on RC don't have anything to do with your coral growing skills.