Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/10/2005, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

Beautiful Rock.....

Oh sorry I mean "Rock Beauty"

I'm posting this question for a friend of mine, he is bringing home a FAT Rock Beauty from the LFS tomarrow. Oddly enough this fish has eaten any and every prepared food indroduced to him since day #1 !!!!!! Spectrum, Mysis, Seaweed, Formula 1-2, Angel Formula. Anyways he did not intend to buy this fish because of thier poor history but its hard to turn down this blue eyed beauty when its chowing down on everything.
My question is to those who have had success with this fish what do you feed to meet the nutrition needs? Any other tips are appreciated. Thanks
-Nathan
Old 03/10/2005, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

i have one myself that i got about 2 months ago that was really fat in the store. i got it home and tried to feed it mysis and formula 2, it didnt take any of it. then i tried the flake food and it loved it. all it eats is flakes to this day so i made sure i got a variety of different kinda of flakes and he is still fat and happy.