Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/21/2007, 05:28 PM
zoa ninja

G-Force123, beware sellers.

Do NOT sell to G-Force123. After receiving your box, he will file a claim against you on paypal attempting to get his money back.

I shipped his box out on the 17th, gave him the tracking #, and USPS.com says that it arrived on the 18th.

I log onto paypal on the 20th, and see a claim against me from him filed on the 18th stating that "No shipments were received."

Dumbfounded, I submit my proof of shipping, tracking #, along with other proof that shows otherwise.

EB445356827US

It clearly states that the box arrived on his porch on the same day he was filing a claim against me.

After being confronted at another forum, he changes his story to
1) the box was received on Friday, a day late leaving everything dead even though tracking clearly shows that the box arrived at his house on time before noon.

THEN he changes the story to
2) He never got a PM from me w/ tracking

3) Half of the box was dead (His claim on Paypal)

4) Only one of the items was dead and he wanted me to take care of it.

THEN he proceeds to blackmail me saying that he will only drop the claim if I delete my comments and threads on his name even though he admits that his lies were uncovered.

During this entire time, he has never sent me a SINGLE PM notifying me of anything. Instead, he simply and conviniently went straight to paypal and filed a claim. Now my account is on hold and paypal is preventing me to send/receive any transactions.

DO NOT deal with this buyer. He will just screw you over. Oh, did I also mention that I gave him FREE shipping and a discount?? Unbelievable. I have yet to hear back from him ever since he was confronted at another bulletin board. The transaction took place via PM on RC.

I have no doubt that paypal will side with me on this claim. However, I have to admit that it is a great inconvinience waiting for them to settle the case while I cannot carry out any transactions. Please, please be aware of this buyer.
Old 10/21/2007, 11:04 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

sorry to hear Kigs.

" Charles V "
Old 10/23/2007, 04:45 AM
Premium Member

I don't think you have any worries with paypal siding with him. I tried to file a claim with them over my light and they said that they only cover things not shipped. Items received " not as described or damaged" doesn't fall under their protection plan if not purchased through ebay. That includes DOA, late, etc etc. The only problem you may have is if he paid with a CC and tries to do a charge back. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 10/23/2007, 12:44 PM
zoa ninja

Thanks guys,

It was not a CC payment, thankfully. It just frustrates me because paypal has completely froze my account untill this is settled. It also frustrates me that the buyer will not get back to me, at least we could've figured out a more logical way to settle this issue. I've contacted paypal and they tell me that it will definitely be in my favor within 15 days, I just don't understand why they cannot drop the claim right away if it's so obvious that the claim was a fake.
Old 10/26/2007, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

This should be grounds for banishment from Reefcentral.
Old 10/28/2007, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

WHOOAAAAHHH!!!!

Good thing I stumbled on to this thread. I hope that banishment comment is directed at KIGS!!! I talked to 2 individuals that have bought from KIGS and it is like a bad movie. AndySGR has a lot to say about this on his feedback ....his story is exactly like the other 2 buyers I talked too (see for yourself). All you KIGS supporters should check out the Club-Zoa feedback...but don't raise your voice,...because KIGS is buddies with the admin....I never shop there anyway because I am too afraid of scammers selling things poorly packaged and trying to pull 2 day shipping with popcorn after numerous excuses and then just sending out absolute garbage that you "Have to wait until it aclamates" before you realize he shipped you dead stuff....and then there's the second round of excuses....I hope this keeps some people from getting ripped off. Makes the hobby look bad too.
Old 10/28/2007, 10:34 PM
zoa ninja

addboy, who exactly are you? I have never even heard of you, but only thing I know from your profile info on CZ is that you're from Austin, Texas like andysgr. Are you andysgr on a different IP addresse?

Buddies with the admin? I'm not sure what you're suggesting here. We're friends but all is fair with him, despite the fact that how CZ operates is irrelevent from RC. I'm noticing a pattern of lies and childishness just like from andysgr, if that's not you. I never told anybody that "you have to wait until it aclamates." As I have already told him, the situation is out of my hands due to the course of actions he has taken. I am waiting for a decision made through the third parties he has contacted because he is the one who refused my offer of replacements even though he's the one who asked for them in the first place. I apprecieate your attempt to help out your friend, but there are many things you do not know hearing stories from a single side. I suggest you do your research first.
Old 10/28/2007, 11:11 PM
Registered Member

Yes, I have talked to AndySGR.I also know 2 other members that have had IDENTICAL problems with you. You offer to replace dead coral with dying coral and have no intention of actually following through. 2 MONTHS??? get real...You are just running game...and after so many claims at paypal, they will shut you down....and we will all be safer.
G.
Old 10/28/2007, 11:20 PM
zoa ninja

I have one claim on paypal at the moment, and that's from G-Force. After speaking with the paypal representitives, they have fully assured me that the decision will most likely fall in my favor due to the amount of evidence I have provided that proves his claim false. "You offer to replace dead coral with dying coral and have no intention of actually following through." I have no idea where this is coming from. How can you have so many facts and opinions when I have never even spoken to you before? It seems somewhat unfair to me that you are basing this situation solely on his side of the story.

I'm not just "running game" and I was working out every details with andysgr untill this point. We all have lives outside of this hobby, and the timeframe did get stretched but unfortuantely, that's how events unraveled mostly due to the misfortunes that occured to me which Andysgr was kind enough to ridicule. I don't know how much of your comments to take seriously, seeing that I still have no clue who you are. Please PM me who these two other members you're referring to if you don't mind.
Old 10/28/2007, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

Prepare for a 2nd complaint on Paypal once my credit cards company gets them involved. You might want to work on the evidence for my case. You have harmed your reputation and already lost a $650 sale. I will do my best to let others know of your business practices and this will likely turn into a very expensive error in judgement on your part.
Old 10/29/2007, 08:13 AM
Moved In

addboy not sure what your agenda is here, but you have nothing to do with either sell, so I advise you to stay out of it.
andysgr you already have a thread about kigs, why try to hijack this one.
FWIW, I don't know kigs.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 10/29/2007, 08:17 AM
Moved In

From the other thread

Quote:
Originally posted by DgenR8
If you have personal experience with the seller in question, you may post it. If you are just chiming in to offer your opinion on someone else's experience, it's not needed, or wanted here.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 10/29/2007, 08:25 AM
Garbologist

Quote:
Originally posted by dc
addboy not sure what your agenda is here, but you have nothing to do with either sell, so I advise you to stay out of it.
andysgr you already have a thread about kigs, why try to hijack this one.
FWIW, I don't know kigs.
You three kids need to take it outside.

closed

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."