Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 02/12/2007, 08:00 PM
Premium Member

mummra100769 Shady Dealings BEWARE

Keith seemed like a nice guy when I exchanged some PM's with him but, it turns out that after 2 weeks I have sent him money and I have not received the purchased goods. Additionally, I have been trying to communicate with him via his other email address mandy1010@earthlink.net, which by the way is registered under deanna l mumm on Paypal. I have given up on trying to comunicate and have initiated a dispute on Paypal. I don't know what whent wrong with this guy but, I think everyone involved afforded him the courtesy of time to communicate his hardships but, unfortunatley he did not repond--not even once...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...=&pagenumber=2

I encourage everyone else who has not heard from this person to chime in. If Keith never replies to my messages I will have lost $190. BUYER BEWARE!
Calcium-435 (pinpoint)
Ammonia-.0 (AP)
Nitrite-0 (AP)
Nitrate-<5 (AP)
PO4-0
I-.04
Silica-<1
Alk-4 meq/L
Mg-1440
Old 02/12/2007, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

em805, thank you and thank you for warning us about this person. I am looking for some stuff here and on ebay but have always been concern on RC because no stats like on ebay. i am not going to buy here on RC unless local pickup or items less than $100.00 and only then when using Paypal.

BEST OF LUCK.
Old 02/12/2007, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

This guy has not responded to me since promising to ship the next day..that was 1/26/06 !!! This is the very first time I have been burned , and I'am assuming I've been "had" along with everyone else based on the total lack of communication from this seller. I have filed with Pay-pal to see if I can get my funds back. I feel certain this guy knew what he was doing as I was already asking where my item was as he was still advertising and taking money from other !!! Shouls be banned for life from R/C if thats possible!!
Old 02/13/2007, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

I received an email from Paypal today stating the following:

"The seller has provided the following information in response to your
complaint, indicating that the item was shipped.

Tracking Company: usps
Tracking Number: 03050830000162589158

If your complaint has been resolved, please cancel it by clicking on the
link below:"

I hope that Keith finally mailed the stuff I purchased from him. Does anyone think I should lift the dispute before I actually receive the goods? Need advice on what the right etiquette is in this situation?

I hope he insured it, USPS has lost 2 of my packages in the last month!! :/
Calcium-435 (pinpoint)
Ammonia-.0 (AP)
Nitrite-0 (AP)
Nitrate-<5 (AP)
PO4-0
I-.04
Silica-<1
Alk-4 meq/L
Mg-1440
Old 02/13/2007, 11:25 PM
WildThing....You Moved Me

Quote:
Originally posted by em805
......Does anyone think I should lift the dispute before I actually receive the goods? Need advice on what the right etiquette is in this situation?
Hell No!!
Old 02/14/2007, 03:47 PM
why can't i love???

all true i have not kept contact with any body i sold to. i am all over the place with a divorce and many other personal issues that are no ones problems but mine...i am very sorry for blowing this off and i have shipped the items as promised...please try to accept my apology and sinscere shame in my slow responce...please also be advised that divorce with some one who is not only an addict but mentally unstable is some of the worst pain i have ever had to deal with.
Old 02/14/2007, 04:53 PM
Premium Member

Keith,

First of all thank you for finally posting... I have never been through a divorce but, I can imagine these things can get pretty messy. I sympathize with you and hope we can all come to a friendly ending.
Calcium-435 (pinpoint)
Ammonia-.0 (AP)
Nitrite-0 (AP)
Nitrate-<5 (AP)
PO4-0
I-.04
Silica-<1
Alk-4 meq/L
Mg-1440
Old 02/14/2007, 05:33 PM
why can't i love???

me to...one of th e things that happened last week was i had bleached splashed in my eyes by the future ex...this is no regular divorce...i am dealing with an unstable person and wish this type of pain on no one.

once again no excuse can cover me not keeping my word and to all i sold to i hold out a heart felt apology.
Old 02/14/2007, 08:53 PM
Premium Member

Hope all goes well for you.
Just need to hear from you.
Old 02/15/2007, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mummra100769
[B]me to...one of th e things that happened last week was i had bleached splashed in my eyes by the future ex...this is no regular divorce...i am dealing with an unstable person and wish this type of pain on no one.

And I felt like I was the only one going thru this type of stuff,I know what your dealin with.Good job on standing up and solving this stuff ...Wish you luck on your Divorce
Old 02/15/2007, 08:44 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

A FEW WORDS THAT MIGHT HELP

WOOD CHIPPER

PAY CASH

RUBBER GLOVES

DVRC Vice President
Old 02/16/2007, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to be a bad a_ _. But the Ph monitor arrived today..AFTER I told Keith NOT TO SHIP over a week ago.... and it was trashed. The soft USPS envelope was dripping water when I took it out of the mailbox. The monitor and probe were in separate zip lock bags inside. The probe was wrapped in wet paper and the baggie still had quite a bit of H20 in it. The bag with the monitor was also full of water and the monitor was in the "on" position. I have no idea how this happened ...but the unit is ruined. I sent Keith an email this am about 10:00 MST and have not heard back. I will continue my Pay-pal claim. Never will buy from this person again.
Old 02/24/2007, 10:52 AM
Premium Member

Has anyone heard anything or got there stuff from keith?
I PMed him he PMed me back stuff was going to be sent out Monday.
Still haven't gotten anything? yet my cousin sent me some freshly frozen seafood, that I use to make fish food with on Monday and I got it thursday.and he only lives about 30 miles from were keith lives.
so I should of got his package too if he sent it out on Monday like he said he was going too.?
Trust me I feel real bad what your going threw, but we need to get this over and done with.
in good faith I sent you over $210 Paypal and $30 cash when I sent you back the defaulty pump. , for a wavemaker and a G-2 skimmer, the pump was not working right and you asked me to send you a pump you'd send me a new one.
you said you ordered me a new one but Custom aquatic was out of stock.
I was forced to buy a new one myself because I need the pump to get my project done.
well I ordered my sedra 3500 from Custom Aquatics, and that pump came Last week.
I have been patient it's been over 3 month's now,dealing on this transition,
out of the same good faith of me fallowing threw with our deal we made, could you hold up to your part.
I can have my cousin come and get this stuff if your to busy to send out?
Old 03/01/2007, 10:17 AM
why can't i love???

yes please come get it...i have both items along with the $30.00...i sent you a pm with my number.
Old 03/06/2007, 11:38 AM
Premium Member

Everything was received in good condition. Thank you for finally getting this done, I hope everyone else's situations get resolved also.

Eli
Calcium-435 (pinpoint)
Ammonia-.0 (AP)
Nitrite-0 (AP)
Nitrate-<5 (AP)
PO4-0
I-.04
Silica-<1
Alk-4 meq/L
Mg-1440
Old 03/06/2007, 09:51 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mummra100769
yes please come get it...i have both items along with the $30.00...i sent you a pm with my number.
I have been trying to get a hold of my cousin, and haven't been able to. I called my Aunt and it seems he's out of town on field training. so could you please stick to our agreement and send me my stuff?
Thanks Jim.
Old 03/10/2007, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

i have an ex who is a car rammer/ home invader. i know a bit about crazy significant others. its a hard thing to deal with.. not knowing whats gonna happen next is an odd feeling to say the least. she has been in mental treatment with no sign of change.
i got lucky and was not in love with her anymore by the time this stuff started (after we had been broken up 3 years, and and i was engaged to my now wife). this stuff is still going on. i have had to get a restraining order on her, and she still wont leave me alone. i can say some good came out of all this though. with all this stuff going on, i was able to get full sole custody of our son. that alone made all this stuff i have been through worth it, but if not for that, i dont know how i could have handled all this.

i hope this stuff works out for you in a way that you have something good to look say came out of this, because without that i dont see how it could get any easier.
Old 04/13/2007, 10:25 PM
Premium Member

so those that were having problems with keith did you get things settled?
I can't even get him to answer his phone any more when I call and asked him to call me back but no call backs either???
every time I get ahold of him it's a different excuse,
My main reason for Bumping this post again is to see if theres any more out there that has been ripped off from this Man?
I have every e-mail and PM he's sent me with his promises, his Cell # home address. my cousin which is a cop in Salinas wants me to find anyone that has been ripped off by this guy and get anything I can on him. so we can get enough to turn this over to the States attorney in Fresno.
I have been playing this silly mans game since Nov of 2006. and I felt for him and his excuses but now it's getting old and I'm done playing.
myself I bought a G-2 ASM skimmer from him I got that it was basicly a shell. pump was broken, gaskets were missing, and I bought a wave maker from him to that I never got, he told me he had an extra pump he would send me so I sent the pump back to him.
then the next time I talked to him he said he ordered me a new one, so I felt he didn't need to do that because, I did understand I did by this unit used so I sent him $30 cash to help him with shipping on the pump..........I know what a fool.
all in all I payed $240 for a ASM shell.
and if theres others out there still hanging from this guy, I would sure like to hear from you because one way or another I'm not going to let this go.
I have gotten lots of stuff from members on this forum and now because of this I'm having a hard time trust ones work.
and RC banning this guy for life won't do know good any way he can always get a different IP.

Last edited by smiller; 05/04/2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04/16/2007, 07:41 AM
Premium Member

Bump.
Old 04/18/2007, 07:15 AM
Premium Member

bump
Old 05/04/2007, 07:28 PM
why can't i love???

as far as i know every one is happy and taken care of...if not contact me and we will settle it. i apologise for the slow return on pms and the slow shipping...i also hope that none of you ever go through what my family did for the last few months!!!

Last edited by smiller; 05/04/2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05/08/2007, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skwirl
i have an ex who is a car rammer/ home invader. i know a bit about crazy significant others. its a hard thing to deal with.. not knowing whats gonna happen next is an odd feeling to say the least. she has been in mental treatment with no sign of change.
i got lucky and was not in love with her anymore by the time this stuff started (after we had been broken up 3 years, and and i was engaged to my now wife). this stuff is still going on. i have had to get a restraining order on her, and she still wont leave me alone. i can say some good came out of all this though. with all this stuff going on, i was able to get full sole custody of our son. that alone made all this stuff i have been through worth it, but if not for that, i dont know how i could have handled all this.

i hope this stuff works out for you in a way that you have something good to look say came out of this, because without that i dont see how it could get any easier.
Some people really only understand a good old pistol whippin.