Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/28/2005, 08:52 AM
Premium Member

rtwoody4 good seller

Pump was just as described. Shipped out when promised. Very good seller! Thanks!!
Old 05/06/2005, 04:35 PM
Premium Member

WOW..Just hooked up the pump and it sounded like a sick cat. Took it apart and it has been run dry. The rear casing is melted and warped.

On top of that I discovered it was actually a rltz not a rlt as the add said, so it is made for high volume. Only rated at 600 GPH!!max.
I don't know anybody that would have a use for this pump.
I'm not going to leave negative feedback yet until I see how he handles this, but I have to retract this posative one.
Old 05/06/2005, 10:57 PM
Premium Member

FROM ANOTHER POST http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=579462

Well, I got scammed . Here's the proof. Got the pump all hooked up plugged it in and it sounded like a sick cat. I immediately took it off, disassembled it, and this is what I found.

Everything inside the pump is warped and won't even seel. It blows microbubbles like a skimmer.

On top of the pump being junk..Probably from being run dry and fried.. It isn't even the pump listed. It's an RLZT rated at 600gph not the 1500 that an RLT is rated at. NOTICE THE TITLE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

Here's his reply to my PM asking for a refund as I wasn't sold what was listed/

Quote from rtwoody4:
I don't know what problems your having with the pump #1 I clearly stated what pump it was I gave you pictures of the box and pump #2 It was working perfect when I shipped it to you. I am not going to give you money back for a pump that was practically new and working fine. Was the box damaged or anything. I have sold many things on this board and never had one problem. I don't see how you expected me to give your money back and be out the pump to

Looks to me like he fried the pump, bought a new one, cleaned this one up and threw it in the new box. I'm not stupid, I got scammed. Watch out for this guy. You can't tell me UPS burned up the inside of this pump when they shipped it. The box was perfect. This happens from running it dry!! I wouldn't want it even if it worked. What good is 600 GPH? Why do they even sell these??The add said RLT!!!
Old 05/09/2005, 06:55 PM
Premium Member

For everyone who's looked at this..He sent me a $100 refund. It's probably the best we could make of a bad situation. It does show some integrity on his part.