Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 11:43 PM
Premium Member

Yea, for some reason I thought they needed less light (thought Borneman had said that) so I will move up some in the tank. I have balanced my flow areas because I do love LPS but knew they would want the same flow as SPS.

I have avoided touching the tissue and just the base it is attached to a disk plug.

Honestly, they may turn out to be one of my favorite corals. You add the color, the motion, the shape, and the whole package is hard to beat!!

I would love to come up sometime from Georgetown and see your tank.

Lee
Old 01/08/2008, 11:47 PM
TRC Leader

You are welcome to.

I don't know enough about Duncans to be giving any specific advice yet, so ask me again in a few months.
Old 01/09/2008, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lhoy
Marc - I have seen the favia thread and didn't even think about it. Will do. You know, I normally do a ton of research but I didn't really think about the warfare between two anemones!!

Well Marc, on that note (chemical warfare) in the past two days my Duncan stopped opening up and he is "downstream" from both anemones. I do run carbon but do you think that is the reason it might be shriveled up? The tank is doing great. The only other thing is that I had to move the Duncan as the Pinktail found a hole under a live rock near the Duncan and he goes in there to be cleaned by a Peppermint Shrimp. I am sure he disturbed the Duncan going in the hole so I moved it two days ago. Hasn't opened back up since and was doing great before!!

Mike - I just added a pair of Percs (ORA and one is a Misbar). Carpet is about 14" or more across.

Not so much apologizing but as a pastor of a church for the unchurched I am very careful to not "turn" people off by acting like a lot of people do by being pushy on forums where people are there for reasons other than faith. I try very hard to respect that.

I am very proud of my beliefs, but I am also very proud of being respectful of others.

Also, your name sounds extremely familiar (but I think from somewhere other than this board), but I don't know why? Ever post on any reptile forums?

I know carpets are a risk, but they are one of my favorite inverts. I know it will be a risk with SPS, but a tank without a carpet would just be too lacking for me!!
Hey Lee, I appreciate your stand. This is a hobby where it would take more faith to think that all started from an explosion.

As for the carpet I have had a couple of them. They grow like you won't believe if fed regularly.
I now have a huge Sebae. I have almost stopped feeding it due to the size. Somehow, there's a myth out there that anemones do not last very long. I have had mine now close to four years and it's doing great. Good luck with yours.

I don't know where you saw my name, maybe from a revelation ?

Take it easy increasing the bioload too quickly.

Cheers!
Mike
Old 01/09/2008, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

did i miss some full tank shots?

is that loin a baby or a dwarf?
Old 01/09/2008, 09:17 PM
Premium Member

It is a baby dwarf. ; )

No new FTS, will try to do that about on the month or so.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

im holding my breath