Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/16/2003, 09:42 AM
You did what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Azonic
llpoolej: Are you saying that I had this coming? Or that Pseudo Boy will have it come back on him in the future?
Azonic
If you look back in the post you'll see he's on your side so I assume he was referring to Pseudo Boy and I agree with him.
Old 09/16/2003, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zooqi
I did read the whole thing but you are telling me that after reading it I should've said that you are right or you making it sound like that.
In the end I take it that you are not going to do any more transactions with that person.

One thing I learned that FedEx is a way to go and they stand behind their insurance. And we always should have insurance on things we sell or buy.
Is time to grow corals to frag, spend less on beer and make up for the loss.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.......... ........

Dave
Old 09/16/2003, 11:19 AM
I pretend to know stuff

I think this dog has been beat to death. This thread needs to be closed.

PH 8.2
DKH 10
CAL 480
SG 1.025
Old 09/16/2003, 11:27 AM
Premium Member

Nah, let's keep it open so Psuedo doesn't come back and start selling used cars on RC or something
Old 09/16/2003, 01:32 PM
Queen Supreme multitasker

Azonic, I was saying that someone who knowingly cheats another(like psuedoboy) will have the same come back around. Not exactly the same thing, but somethign that is equally unpleasant for him.

I personally, think you deserved what you paid for and that is the insurance money

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
- Leo Rosten
Old 09/16/2003, 03:08 PM
dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally posted by justletmein
Nah, let's keep it open so Psuedo doesn't come back and start selling used cars on RC or something
Heh, maybe we can make it a sticky.
Old 09/16/2003, 03:21 PM
Premium Member

Yeah, we should sticky all the unresolved dead beat sellers here so that people will be aware of their scams and not buy their stuff.
Old 09/16/2003, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gramma royale
Heh, maybe we can make it a sticky.

That's the damn near best idea I've seen yet.
Old 09/25/2003, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Location: East of the Mississippi, north of the mason dixon line
Getting into this thread really late. Want to address the ignorant Wedfr. Azonic gets it all. Hands down. As for his assertion that the $100 sump being insured for $200 is fraud. Azonic paid for $200 worth of insurance. Would he get $2,000,000 if he insured it for that? Of course!! It's up to the Fedex insurers to accept such liablility. It's gambling. Plain and simple. The insurance company bets the package will arrive unscathed and the insured bets the package will arrive damaged. The insurance company sets the rate for this bet and the insured either pays the premium or not. Is the sump really worth $2,000,000.......irrelevant! People insure their own lives every day. Some take $5,000 in life insurance, others take out $5,000,000. Is one life worth more than the other. No. But the insurance company will determine if they will insure that person for so much money (medical profile and exam) and how much they'll charge for that policy. Bottom line is, the sump might have been worth $2,000,000 if that's what it was insured for. Who gets it? Azonic of course. Psuedo did not even own the sump at the time. He was paid for it already and the insurance was paid for and taken out in Azonics name. Statements made by either party are/were irrelevant.
Old 09/26/2003, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by masterswimmer
Bottom line is, the sump might have been worth $2,000,000 if that's what it was insured for. Who gets it? Azonic of course. Psuedo did not even own the sump at the time. He was paid for it already and the insurance was paid for and taken out in Azonics name. Statements made by either party are/were irrelevant.
That statement says it all very well and doesn't leave any wiggle room for the supporters of psuedoboy. IMO

Dave
Old 09/27/2003, 12:34 AM
SPS Freak

Thanks for the warning. Will know never to deal with people like this. Isn't he a support staff here too? If I was an admin, I would be pulling his staff status out quickly. He owes you the 200 bucks and it is dishonest people like this why I rarely buy stuff used.
Old 09/30/2003, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the support.

Sadly, no updates.
Old 10/01/2003, 02:58 PM
Moved On

Looks like he last posted on the boards on 9/18/2003. I looked at his profile and clicked on the link of his last post. He was attempting to sell Maxi Jets to someone. They totally ignored him. LOL. Check it out.
Old 10/01/2003, 03:28 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LittleFishBoy
Looks like he last posted on the boards on 9/18/2003. I looked at his profile and clicked on the link of his last post. He was attempting to sell Maxi Jets to someone. They totally ignored him. LOL. Check it out.
That's weird, it didn't show up just doing a search on his username, but sure enough if you go to the profile it's there. I guess he's still lurking the WTB forums trying to make another score. I wonder how much insurance money he can make on an MJ 1200?
Old 10/01/2003, 03:33 PM
Moved On

Old 10/01/2003, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

The person likely avoided him because I PM'd the person and gave them a warning.
Old 10/02/2003, 09:06 AM
Moved On

Good move. Way to stay on top of it and help out a fellow reefer.
Old 10/17/2003, 04:08 PM
dazed and confused

^any word?^
Old 10/20/2003, 04:46 PM
Moved On

Looks like hes coming back. I saw his name today on the active list on the board. which means he logged in and visited today. No mistaking that it was him. He's not too smart i take it.
Old 11/14/2003, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Just a friendly reminder.
Old 11/15/2003, 12:23 AM
Premium Member

Yeah, keep this thread up at the top
Old 11/15/2003, 02:38 AM
Moved Onward

Glad I Didn't Deal With Him Afterall!

This is the 2nd bad feedback that I've read about Psuedo! I rarely leave the SCMAS & SPS Forums and that's why I didn't see this before. He once had a skimmer for sale and had no takers. I offered him a price and he counter offered in which I agreed. He later pm'd me saying that he found a buyer at his original asking price! I thought he was a real jerk doing that but I didn't want to make a big deal about it since he seemed to have a lot of friends here on RC. But it ended up a blessing in disguise as I found a better deal on a better skimmer shortly afterwards.

"The Conference of Champions"

359 NCAA titles and counting!

2nd Best, The Big 10 with a distant 212 titles

PAC 10 FOOTBALL is 9-6 against the SEC since the turn of the century!
Old 11/16/2003, 01:27 AM
Premium Member

Well I guess since I haven't been around so that the mud slinging has really been left unchecked.

I do have a life other than my hobbies. That said. No I haven't left the hobby.

Old Yeller,

I may have went with the offer which was what I was asking for. I cannot please everyone and do not really recall the circumstances under which I may have chosen to do so. No explanations necessary.

I do not appreciate the members on this board berating Wedfr for saying what was on his mind nor anyone else that may have been trying to tell you what kind of person I am. THANKS GUYS.

I always try to be very civil when conversing to others on this and any other board. I help when I can and I don't when I can't. It is starting to seem to me that you want to think bad of someone when you aren't the one it has happened to.

Let's get this straight. I don't need to scam anyone. I am tired of being called names and being straight out accused of things that I did not do. So to hell with all of the politeness and let's say it...

I tried to help the weasel out. I said if anything happened he could be ahead of the game. I never had a problem with him. UNTIL... he harassed the hell out of me even when it was clearly not with in my power to do anything for him. It was told to me that he needed a sump before he went on vacation because his setup was almost up. I OFFERED HIM A COMPLETE REFUND ON THE SPOT. HE REFUSED. I OFFERED HIM AGAIN ... HE REFUSED. HE KEPT BUGGING ME EVEN WHEN I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH FEDEX... I TOLD HIM I WAS TALKING TO THEM FROM MY OTHER LINE AND HE WAS CONSTANTLY HOUNDING THE HELL OUT OF ME ABUSIVELY. I TOLD HIM SO. By the way ..He did not pay for the insurance, I did. He paid a shipping price. I covered anything over what I quoted him. It was sent out on a company account with FedEx and the company has a policy to insure everything for double what sale price was. I said it was $100 (sold for price) $30 shipping fee total $100. Hence the $200 claim check.

Things seemed to be going alright when he started asking for weird requests ??? I don't want the sump shipped back to you. Call them back right now and tell them to send it back to me. I said OK. CALL FEDEX AND TELL THEM TO SEND ME THE CHECK DIRECTLY. I DON'T WANT TO PAY THE PAYPAL FEES IF YOU SEND ME MONEY.... I SAID I WOULD COVER THE FEES... I TOLD HIM THAT I DON'T CARE IF THE SUMP WAS SENT TO ME ...I WOULD COVER THE FEES TO SEND IT BACK.... FEDEX SAID THAT THEY WOULD COVER THE FEES TO RESHIP IT BACK TO HIM AND HE WAS TOLD THIS...I said ok... He emailed me 12 times a day in a panic. Saying that I wasn't being helpful enough ??!!?? I started to get fed up. I again offered him the refund. He refused and started saying weird sh..

Now I am a grown man. I haven't had anyone tell me what to do in a very long time and I will not let someone tell me what to do now. Now I got very curious as to why he would not let me see the sump (either shipped back to me or any pictures) and being very insistent that they not send it back to me. Why all of the questions as to how he was going to be paid for the damages. Why didn't he want to has a refund if it was so important that he get a sump for his tank. HIS ANSWER... I CANNOT GET ANOTHER SUMP FOR THAT PRICE. I guess not, but in a pinch a rubbermaid bucket will do if in an emergency. Plus you have a full refund Hmmm...

I now asked for anything that would substantiate his claims because I got curious. A bill from the place he claimed charged him $100 dollars for the repair or anything. HE TOLD ME HE DOESN'T HAVE A CAMERA... HIS FRIENDS DON'T HAVE A CAMERA...HE DOESN'T WANT TO MOVE THE SUMP OUT FROM UNDER THE TANK ????... NO ANSWER ABOUT THE REPAIR BILL... and so on and so on.

I finally told him that if he wanted the claim money to send me proof in any fashion and he would get it...

But no. He couldn't even do that. I don't deal with morons. He thought by bad mouthing me here that I would give him the money. That never did bother me. In the beginning when this thread was started I asked for any of those things and the matter would be settled.

Even losngit or whatever your name is would have been able to comply. If it was worth a COOL $200 bucks and a Lifereef sump, wouldn't you. I may not be able to make you all happy but I have never gone out of my way to **** you off either. I can make a mistake now and then. If you think that none of you ever have, PLEASE RE-READ SOME OF YOUR OLD POSTS. I have and even I look back on some of them and laugh.

BY THE WAY NEWJACK,

You post was totally out of line. We went over this before and I thought that this was over. I thought that we had a better understanding of the situation after we talked. Apologies were accepted on both parts and we went our seperate ways none worse for wear. Your post was deleted because of this UNDERSTANDING not because I know someone.

Old yeller, this was the other negative feedback that you are speaking of.

Now in the future, try to understand and question why someone might have a reason to do something outside of what you hear or know about a person before you step outside the box and say something you might have to take back.

All this said...

If he wants the money ....PROOF.

If one of you want to go and take the picture for him, I don't have a problem with that either. Make a Photoshop one if that helps him. Make sure it fits the description of what I sent him. Oh I forgot he would have to measure it and that would mean moving it or some crap.

Next time ask the simple question. Why ? you might get a better answer from both parties.

Thanks to Stix for bringing this to my attention.

Pseudo

nuff' said
Old 11/16/2003, 02:43 AM
Moved On

Theres no trying to bring your name back up now. It seems that it will always be dragged in the mud. So Psuedo, you did recieve the $200 from Fed Ex?
Old 11/16/2003, 10:22 AM
You did what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo Boy
Even losngit or whatever your name is would have been able to comply. If it was worth a COOL $200 bucks and a Lifereef sump, wouldn't you. I may not be able to make you all happy but I have never gone out of my way to **** you off either. I can make a mistake now and then. If you think that none of you ever have, PLEASE RE-READ SOME OF YOUR OLD POSTS. I have and even I look back on some of them and laugh.

I don't have to reread my posts, I still remember what I said DO YOU?
Quote:
Also if they don't take the sump from you ;-), You can either have it
repaired by Lifereef or do it yourself, you get free money and a
sump.
:-)
Kasei
Those are your words posted by you are they not?

So the way I see it you said you would give him the money and you did not! So you deserve the negitive post and by continuing to keep his money your not helping your cause at all.
You also told him a set price($30) for for shipping with insurance
and you would make up the difference so trying to imply that you deserve the money because you paid for the insurance is ridiculous.
The money was supposed to go to him.