Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/09/2006, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Refer to moderators of this board with that despicable term, you have joined the ranks of those movin' on.
Looks like with that comment slickdonkey has a valid point.
Old 08/09/2006, 06:39 PM
Reef Tank Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Brenden
Old 08/09/2006, 06:53 PM
Guardian of Little People

Quote:
Originally posted by Brenden
Allow me to quote the User Agreement for you:

1.POSTING: You agree not to post, transmit or link to any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind

I think most would agree saying "this board sucks" and then referring to those who moderate a privately-owned board as "censorship nazis" fits the definition of abusive and defamatory.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 08/09/2006, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Dude you are a CDL driver and you dont have a truck to pick up a tank?
Old 08/09/2006, 07:33 PM
Reef Tank Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kzoo
Dude you are a CDL driver and you dont have a truck to pick up a tank?
I dont drive to PA...

Its a company truck, I'm not an owner op...

if it was that easy I'd have that tank and it'd already be set up...

Old 08/09/2006, 07:59 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rhiggsbear
Generally, a deposit is fully refundable if the seller does not having any monetary damages due to the buyer backing out of the deal. For example, if a seller listed an item for $300.00 and you gave him a $50.00 deposit, then decides to back out of the deal, he can keep all or a portion of the deposit to make up for any out-of-pocket costs. This would include additional advertising costs over and above what he already spent or if he ended up selling the item for less than the $300.00. He can not profit from keeping the deposit – make more money than what he would have got selling the item at full cost.

Keep in mind I am not addressing a "non-refundable deposit" as I do not believe this is what we have here in this case.

The seller should return 100% of the deposit if he was able to sell the tank for full price and did not incur any additional costs doing so. If this went to small claims court, the buyer would prevail.
That's true. Of course Krazy wouldn't show up since he can't get a ride. A judge wouldn't give him a 3 week window and then stay home on a weekend because it's the only time he could show up. I don't even remember what the item was, but I'll buy it off you for $100 less just so you can keep the money if it ever goes to court. =)

I don't think the thread is a waste of time. Most people have been burned or at least inconvenienced by someone selling or buying over the internet. When I see someone like Krazy coming on here and posting all these warnings in caps across several threads and stalking the seller when, at best, he's equally at fault I think he deserves the criticism he's getting. I think most people reading this, even if they think he should get the $100 back, would never do business with him. When you put something up for sale you want to sell it, not go back and forth over 4 weeks and hear sob stories about why they can't come pick up the item or make the rest of the payment. I'm waiting on a Paypal refund right now from someone who put an item for sale, received the payment and when I was expecting the item to show up at my door get an email saying he plugged it in before mailing and it no longer worked so he was refunding my money. During this time another went for sale that I missed. One hasn't shown up since. So yea, Krazy gets some grief as a straw man for every botched internet transaction. That's what you get for coming on here and looking for sympathy.
Old 08/09/2006, 08:12 PM
Reef Tank Addict

Guess what MJ ?
KRAZY DOESNT CARE !!!

We made an agreement when I offered to put $100 down, I WAS NOT ASKED OR REQUIRED TO ! It was to be picked up within 2 weeks... That 2nd week came, The seller couldnt let me show up on the saturday because he was busy with sky-diving (wasnt a problem) ok so we aim for this coming saturday... again no problem.. then monday this coming saturday isnt going to work, weekdays are my options from the seller or sunday.. these days dont work for me... I was available for this coming saturday until the seller told me it was a no-go... I then told my ride the deal fell thru and I told the seller I wanted a refund because this was not going to work, then and not only until then did the seller say OK well you can come this saturday now, only was that an option until I asked for a refund... He'll say I backed out and I cancelled and I dont have the cash... Truth is I have the cash here and wanted the tank, Just the annoying terms of not being able to pick up. I know me if I was the seller and was going to make $650 on a saturday. I'd make myself available for the 2 hrs it might take to load the items up etc...

so mj again... Krazy dont care.. Krazy tried to make this work more then the seller will admit.. Yeah I'm a a-hole for backing out, but ya know what, I posted the reasons and well, thats how I feel about it, I wanted the tank the 2nd saturday from payment, I was going out of my way just to try and get it, finding a ride (truck/van/suv) as I only have a car... and driving 4.5 hrs ONE WAY to get the "good azz deal I was looking for"

I come on here to vent (yes I over-reacted on dan) and I get a crap full from all you tweaks that take this way to seriously.. If the seller was honest in his postings.. then maybe just maybe you'd side with me a bit... but again.. Krazy dont care what you or anyone here thinks... I just want the truth to be known...
Old 08/09/2006, 08:36 PM
Guardian of Little People

"all you tweaks"?

That is painfully close to a personal attack (I think).

Also, please stop talking in the third person. It makes me think I am talking to Ricky Henderson.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 08/09/2006, 08:50 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
That's true. Of course Krazy wouldn't show up since he can't get a ride. A judge wouldn't give him a 3 week window and then stay home on a weekend because it's the only time he could show up. I don't even remember what the item was, but I'll buy it off you for $100 less just so you can keep the money if it ever goes to court. =)
Don't forget to send him your deposit.

Why do we drive on Parkways and park in Driveways?
Old 08/09/2006, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

It makes me think I am talking to Ricky Henderson.
Old 08/09/2006, 09:08 PM
The Incredible Mr. Limpet

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianD
"all you tweaks"?

That is painfully close to a personal attack (I think).

tweak ( P ) Pronunciation Key (twk)
tr.v. tweaked, tweak·ing, tweaks
To pinch, pluck, or twist sharply.
To adjust; fine-tune.
To make fun of; tease.

n.
A sharp, twisting pinch.
A teasing remark or action; a joke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Probably variant of dialectal twick, from Middle English twikken, from Old English twiccian.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tweaky adj.
Old 08/09/2006, 09:12 PM
The Iron Knight

all i can say is wow. and what is defamatory?

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." - Debi
Old 08/09/2006, 09:27 PM
RC Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianD
Allow me to quote the User Agreement for you:

1.POSTING: You agree not to post, transmit or link to any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind

I think most would agree saying "this board sucks" and then referring to those who moderate a privately-owned board as "censorship nazis" fits the definition of abusive and defamatory.
That's what's defamatory.

This thread has run it's useful course. Thank you to those who added to the discussion in a rational and informative way. I suggest the two parties involved in the original transaction work it out via pm.

Thread closed .......