Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/03/2007, 09:33 AM
Premium Member

Lip locked true percs?? With pics.

I recently purchased a new true percula, I already had one in the tank. The new one is very healthy and is eating, but the old one just will not leave the new one alone. They fight like crazy. They fight, bite, and get head to head like in a face off, and then they lock lips for like 20-25 seconds. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal. Are they hurting each other? Are they just not compatible? I have two false percs in there also and they could care less about the new addition. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 05/03/2007, 09:35 AM
clownfish fan

first off there are 4 clowns in there take one out one pair those True percs look like they both want to be dominant.
Old 05/03/2007, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

i would read over some of the FAQ...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=282136

especially the ones on pairing, sexing, and keeping multiple species. there is some good info there on keeping clowns with long term success.