Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs

Old 01/04/2008, 09:28 AM
Premium Member

Yeah, pretty much everything. The first chamber has the pump for the refugium and the output to the chiller (I found a lot more microbubbles when the chiller was drawing after the skimmer and refugium outputs). There is a bit of liverock rubble in there, but not much. The next chamber has the skimmer, followed by the chiller and refugium returns. The heater is in the heater chamber, though I am not sure why I keep it there, it never actually comes on... The final chamber has a good bit of liverock rubble, the return pumps, and my PH/ORP/Temp probes.
The refugium has 5lb of miracle mud, a bit of liverock rubble, and lots of cheato.
I do use a fluval sponge just at the intake for a couple of hours after water changes, but remove it shortly after.
Old 01/11/2008, 01:23 PM
Premium Member

It has been a quiet week for my RSM. I am just leaving things as they are until after my next business trip, but I did happen to notice a baby snail on the front glass. Good to see that they are reproducing. My cleaner shrimp are carrying eggs as well, food for the tank. All in all, my levels have been spot on. I have not pruned any algae since the water change last week, and the only maintenance outside of feeding, flipping the cheato, and B-ionic dosing was to run the magnet over the glass once at the beginning of the week. I will leave you with a couple of tank shots from today.

Full Tank Shot:

Frogspawn closer:
Old 01/11/2008, 02:09 PM
Genuine reef addict

Looking better Iostream! If you were closer I'd lend you my Foxface for a couple weeks to take out that Bryopsis!
Old 01/11/2008, 04:50 PM
Premium Member

Heh, oddly enough, I kind of like the look of the remaining algae if I knew it would stay as it is and not grow uncontrollably. Of course that wont happen, so I continue to prune it during water changes.
Old 01/11/2008, 04:55 PM
Genuine reef addict

I'll agree it's pretty, till it starts smothering your corals like mine started to do. If it would stay as is that would be great.
Old 01/11/2008, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Great job so far.I want a RSM so bad but I opted for a 24g nanocube But great job.
Old 01/11/2008, 10:59 PM
Excuse My French...

I agree, the dark green of the algae is quite pretty but bryopsis overwhelmed one very nice zoanthid colony of mine...

Since then, I am a bit paranoid and I cut, cut, cut... As much as I can!
Old 01/12/2008, 02:50 AM
Registered Member

Thank You for the Great Photos...

Quote:
Originally posted by Iostream
It has been a quiet week for my RSM. I am just leaving things as they are until after my next business trip, but I did happen to notice a baby snail on the front glass. Good to see that they are reproducing. My cleaner shrimp are carrying eggs as well, food for the tank. All in all, my levels have been spot on. I have not pruned any algae since the water change last week, and the only maintenance outside of feeding, flipping the cheato, and B-ionic dosing was to run the magnet over the glass once at the beginning of the week. I will leave you with a couple of tank shots from today.
Iostream -

Absolutely beautiful tank! Had to smile with your 2nd pix and the clown looking directly into the camera lens... posing! ??? Is that a Potter's Angel in the lower right and a Firefish? Does the Potter's help with algae control?

Kudos to you Iostream!!!!