Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12/18/2006, 12:26 AM
tigerczr tigerczr is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bellflower, Ca
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally posted by Nizmo350Z
You're so generous GinaSofia, now I know why you love your dogs so much. PM me your addy and I'll be more than happy to come by and pick it up tonight. I'm sure you got nothing to do anyway. I bet you even have season's ticket to the show don't you.
__________________
Cesar
  #52  
Old 12/18/2006, 12:28 AM
BeanAnimal BeanAnimal is offline
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,710
THis cracks me up....

A guy gets wholly ripped off and half of the respondants are more concerned with making excuses for the perp and worrying about if the thread should be in another forum! How many of you were on the OJ jurry?

And we wonder why this country can't win a war, or put criminals in jail!

Anway... File the silly thing in small claims court and have fun making the guy go through all the trouble. With all of the silly court cases that people file, you can feel good that this one is well warrented.

ohh wait... this is the SoCal forum.. am I allowed to post here?
  #53  
Old 12/18/2006, 12:42 AM
phatphisher phatphisher is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: El Monte, California
Posts: 445
Quote:
half of the respondants are more concerned with making excuses for the perp
i don't recall anyone making excuses for the seller. read the thread before you make a comment. it kinda makes you look comments made were all about the drama that seems to follow this guy.

Quote:
ohh wait... this is the SoCal forum.. am I allowed to post here?
well i've been to PITTSburgh so i'd be in so cal too if i were you.
  #54  
Old 12/18/2006, 12:43 AM
BubbleMonkeyIII BubbleMonkeyIII is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 164
wait till you hear my side of the story??

You guys are right on with this guy, some of your instincts are correct. I have Never met such a STRANGE guy in my life!

Talk about not BUYING from a REEFER AGAIN, TRY how bout I would never SELL To this "reefer" guy again.

For example, He basically tried to threaten me into giving him hundreds of dollars off other things I make and sell, because he found a loose wire in basically a FREE fixture I "sold" him.

I will explain later...

I tried not to get into a ****ing match with him after he slandered me on another post, where I was just asking about how these fixtures are made in the first place, not mentioning him by name at all...

But i guess I had better get in here and start telling the OTHER side of the story.


Anyone interested? hehehe
__________________
To say that there are no absolutes, is, in itself, and absolute.....
  #55  
Old 12/18/2006, 12:54 AM
Bergovoy Bergovoy is offline
Moved On
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,116
Send a message via AIM to Bergovoy
Good luck Buddy...

New is new..

The deal was for new, not repaired. Period.

I offerd you several ways out of your lies, you chose to justify the deal by saying I already got a good deal.

I got a good deal on a new fixture, not a repaired fixture.

Bottom line, I offered you a chance to take the stuff back.

If you think you can sell it with the proper description for the same price please feel free to take me up on the offer...

Save the courts the time and yourself the headache
  #56  
Old 12/18/2006, 01:03 AM
BeanAnimal BeanAnimal is offline
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,710
Quote:
Originally posted by phatphisher
i don't recall anyone making excuses for the seller. read the thread before you make a comment. it kinda makes you look comments made were all about the drama that seems to follow this guy.



well i've been to PITTSburgh so i'd be in so cal too if i were you.
Sadly... I read the WHOLE silly thread. It is 100% typical of todays society

I never said Pittsburgh was great or even good... but I can say with 100% certainty that I would never live in CA. To many tree huggers and strange people that pass WAY TO MANY stupid laws for the "good of the people". Did I mention the overwhelming number of self absorbed self righteous rude people and that fact that they would drive me insane?

Great people from the great state of CA? Of course there are, you may even be one of them. As for PA... not as many tree huggers and activists groups... instead we have socialized labor and mindless unions (full of plenty of good people btw) To make it even more fun, they are supported by criminal politicians.

Me.... I will sit back and watch this unfold (and maybe heckle from the balcony from time to time). You can't buy tickets for a show like this

Before anybody gets offended (isn't that a pastime out there ) I have not pointed my finger at anybody and am instead making light of the silliness of all of this and the fact that it seems to happen SO FREAKIN OFTEN anymore.

Bean
  #57  
Old 12/18/2006, 01:15 AM
SteveOhh SteveOhh is offline
Fantasy Coral
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 2,436
Here is the original For Sale post as posted by BubbleMonkeyIII

For sale: (SOCAL PEOPLE SAVE ON SHIPPING WILL ALLOW LOCAL PICKUP! )

Odyssea HQI/ T5 light fixture only WITH BULBS! Stock Ballast is toast from day one (shocked me) so threw it away. But the FIXTURE and BULBS are BRAND NEW and only plugged in ONCe for 4 min to check for working order after it arrived.

Everything works fine, fixture is in MINT condition, never saw water at all.

My plan was to power this unit with a UL listed Sunlight Supply Blue Wave VII Dual 150W HQI ballast (which i already had) , and get name brand T5 ballasts to power this lights T5s and just pitch the Ballast that came with the light no matter what. (capacitors)

The stock ballasts are junk that come with the light, but I purchased it already knowing this wanting just the fixture as it seemed fairly well built itself and solid.. I wanted it to do a MOD for it since I already had the BWVII for another mod I was planning on my Orbit CSL fixture (adding HQI to it) And the T5s were already there, so that was cool.

Im selling it because now Ive decided to go with T5 only so the fixture is for sale. Also still have the BW VII which is brand new NEVER EVEN PLUGGED IN! Comes with the special BWVII 8ft CORDS, and 4 YEAR WARRANTY on the ballast itself. (cords cost me about $25ea)

You Might consider a package deal at this point for both if you want to power the light with a Name brand ballast (recommended)

Right now, I want $150.00+ SH to the first bidder for the FIXTURE only.. and $200.00 + SH for the BWVII BRAND NEW BALLAST WITH TWO POWER CORDS.

So $350.00 + SH for BOTH (about the price for the junk ballast and light to begin with)

Honestly, the Odyssea HQI fixture is a sexy nice looking light, IMHO I am impressed with the Build of the fixture from day 1. Really I paid for the ballast and light, just to get the light FIXTURE. Pricing everything seperately I couldnt touch this deal for the fixture, bulbs, HQI and T5 connectors.

The fixture is really nice IMHO, compared to other name brands I think its actually more SOLID than some I have seen. Its dual fan cooled, with black powder coated flat finish, its made from solid aluminum, but its still a lightweight fixture that comes with feet and hanging kit.. It also has UV glass over the HQI portion and lense over the T5 sections too. You can power T5s and HQI seperately. It came with decent bulbs as is, but you can modify it as you see fit, of course if you want the ballast too, the Sunlight Supply BWVII needs no plugging, its a top of the line ballast with a great track record.

All you would need is a 4bulb T5 ballast some wiring, and your done.

I just wanted to run this fixture with a UL listed Ballast, esp for the HQI's to be safe.


Does it say anywhere in this thread that he attempted to rewire the ballast? Does he make any attempt to say that the fixture may not be safe due to his incompetence in attempting to rewire the fixture? He states he "wanted" to wire a new ballast on it & ditch the old ballast, but
he fails to mention he already attempted to rewire it & failed.......

Instead it lists the fixture as "NEW".............................

You make your own judgement now based on his thread..............
  #58  
Old 12/18/2006, 01:19 AM
Nizmo350Z Nizmo350Z is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally posted by BeanAnimal
THis cracks me up....

A guy gets wholly ripped off and half of the respondants are more concerned with making excuses for the perp and worrying about if the thread should be in another forum! How many of you were on the OJ jurry?

And we wonder why this country can't win a war, or put criminals in jail!

Anway... File the silly thing in small claims court and have fun making the guy go through all the trouble. With all of the silly court cases that people file, you can feel good that this one is well warrented.

ohh wait... this is the SoCal forum.. am I allowed to post here?
Bean, there are a lot of fine folks in SOCAL and around this country. It's just that the a-holes are usually the rude, obnoxious ones who contributes to the stereotype of this great state. I'm sure Pittsburgh is fine, but it's really warm and SUNNY today in SOCAL.
  #59  
Old 12/18/2006, 01:24 AM
BubbleMonkeyIII BubbleMonkeyIII is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 164
Other side of the story people.

First, what he fails to mention is that I felt bad that he found ANOTHER wire loose in the fixture when he first contacted me when he got the light home. I told him I found TWO loose wires after taking off he endcap when I attempted to re-attach the bulbs in the fixture..

Most of all, He also fails to mention I tried to make it "RIGHT" with him offering in the end of our discussions giving him approx $100.00 off MSRP of NEW Equipment for the hassles of the wiring on the unit and my lack of being CLEAR about it in the thread. I guess that wasnt good enough for him? After hearing the whole story from my side of the coin, I think you will see the ONLY one who lost money here is ME!

He asked me if I got the light this way or did i mess with it.. I could have EASILY LIED when he asked me If I recieved the fixture in this condtion, which would have been REALLY EASY. Would have been the end of it, just blame the ODY guy,, heck they are KNOWN FOR this,, But....No, I told the truth admitted I had fixed that one HQI wire and told him so right then. End of Story.

After this admission, he barraged me with all kinds of questions and drama about what I did or didnt do to the light and how I lied to him about it in the thread and modified this and that...etc etc.. Making claims and accusations about what I did or didnt do to the light and my intentions with it.

After thinking about how I listed the item after he complained about it, ( I Looked back at the thread where it was listed) I probably shouldnt have used "BRAND NEW" in the thread. And listed it as "USED" and "AS IS". But in my defense I stated CLEARLY that the item had been USED For 5 min or so testing the light out right in the thread! As for "perfect working condition" The last time I had power to it, EVERYTHING WORKED FINE, only the ballast was cooking and I righteously figured it was about to catch fire for other reasons.. (anyone who reads about this knows what Im talking about) Course he told me I was lying, the ballast weren't the problem and couldnt have gone bad so fast.

I told him he didnt do his HOMEWORK and provided ODYSSEA FIRE THREADS. hehehe (capacitors fry on these sometimes in minutes sometimes in days. also LOOSE stuff like bolts has and can short things out in the ballasts IMMEDIATELY)

As far as the fixture being "Brand NEW" the light was BRAND new as far as I was concerned. It was never used for more than 5 min total. Never saw a tank top, never PLUGGED IN FOR more than 5 min max. Also that BLue Wave Ballast that was also sold to him? Is BRAND NEW NEVER PLUGGE IN with about 50$ worth of free cords thrown in with it. IT also STILL Has 4yr MFG warranty on it.

The OVERALL CONDITION OF the fixture was IMMACTULATE and the bulbs were BRAND NEW with only minutes of time on them.. The only issue I felt he had about the condition was the wire that I repaired which I felt he had an argument there, esp with the way I posted the ad. Never denied this from day one.

Also despite what he says about that GROUNDED wire on the T5s I was not AWARE of that loose wire, and WOULD NEVER had sold the light to him that way? I mean think about it, why would I go through the trouble to repair the HQI line, and then leave the T5 wire loose? Not to mention THAT wire could have been weakened and then broken loose due to being CUT when the fixture was FIRST sent to me and the T5s were dangling. Its posiible it came apart on HIM when he opened the end cap and also during the TRANSPORTATION to his house..

God as my witness, I will take a lie detector test too, I had NO idea that a T5s wire was cut and not working when I sold him the light. For all i know it gave WAY when it was in transport with him or at some other time, or I missed it when i fixed the T5s. Either way I cannot be blamed for something I had NO knowledge of? I was a man bout the ONE repair wire, why would I LIE about this one? Ans. I didnt.

As far as the light being in "perfect working condition" I assumed it was working and would work just fine, since the ONLY lights that didnt work before the BALLAST SHOCKED me, was the SINGLE HQI BULB due to the one line that I repaired later. So as far as I was concerned the HQI should and WOULD FIRE up once they were connected to a WORKING ballast.

And now we get to the ballasts on that thing. I wasnt about to mess with that thing ONE minute longer than I had to once it started ARCING on me. Also he is DEAD wrong about the FIXTURE shocking me. .I never EVER EVER EVER said the LIGHT FIXTURE shocked me.. it was ONLY the BALLAST Housing.. and If I ever said "housing" I meant the metal housing on the BALLAST not the FIXTURe.

When the fixture arrived I noticed that the T5 bulbs were loose in there but stilll attached. So, I tested it with the stock ballast, to see if EVERYTHING WORKED, It worked Fine, but the T5 bulbs were loose after shipping so I had to open ONE end to get to them. And to address his LIE about me opening up the wire end, heck, I was not even AWARE that fixture could be opened at the other end with screws.. Had I known I would have done it that way, much easier (despite what he says and some of you might think) I didnt really spend that much time with the light after I tested it, and fixed the T5s..putting them back in place and fixing that one loose wire.

Why? Despite what he says, if you look at my posts CLOSELY you will see that almost a few days AFTER getting the ODDY light I had decided to go with T5 fixture ONLY. Never planned on doing the DIY i was planning on doing to this light EVER myself. It was going to be sold from that day on, only minuse the junk ballast. I never opened that light INTENDING To Re wire it AT ALL.. Not ONCE. So who is the liar?

More later wait till you hear about the PRICE he got EVERYTHING FOR when you realistically look at the deal I let these products go for. Not that it applies to the wire thing, but IMHO it effects how he should have approached ME and the deal overall.

When you sit back tally all this stuff up on my next thread, I will show that I basically GAVE him that HQI FIXTURE for the LESS than the price of a NEW BWVII ballast with cords.

The light cost ME $375.00 NEW +SH which was $60. So if you deduct the crap ballast i tossed he got approx $300.00 worth of HQI fixture for the price of the NEW BWVII ballast. So whos geting ripped here? See what I mean? I couldnt believe the guy was freaking about one wire when he basically got the thing for free, I offered $100.00 dollars worth of Merchandise to him (in good faith) which he passed on, threatening me the whole time with going "public" on me.

I would have done it anyways after thinking about the whole thing I felt this offer was MORE than fair.. But he kept pressing for MORE MORE MORE!

I hope some of you can see my side of the story? I admitted the ad was misleading and I should have reworded it and told him more about the wires etc..

But honestly as I saw in the end, to use the BW VIIS THat WHOLE Fixture would have needed to be REWIRED internally to hook up the BWVII and the new T5 ballasts.. We even talked about this and I ASKED him if he was handy because

"THIS PROJECT was going to REQUIRE some good DIY SKILLS to rewire everything in there" He knew this GOING IN and complained it would take him 3 hours to splice two WIRES that were loose? hehehe

I also think once he found out that the light didnt have T5 internally that he was upset that he would have to lay out more funds for the light. He was BANKING on the ballast being internal, thats what he was fishing for in the Electric side of the light HIMSELF when he opened it and found the wiring was loose in the first place.

Look at this deal he got..in my next post. Also please consider my contrition about the wording of the ad, and also, After making offers for another $100.00 for the loose wires and light issues, and even admitting i should have worded the ad different, would you complain? and FREAK? Esp if you could fix the thing in minutes and get it working? (should take minutes, he claims it would take HOURS)

Finally my main complaint with the guy is that HE NEVER tried to FIRE UP THE HQI's to see if they worked FIRST. Just called me a liar.. Granted the broken,cut frayed, whatver T5 wire would not work as it was, but it worked for me the last time I fired it up with the stock ballast for tha 5 min test

No matter if the repairs I made werent PERFECT in HIs opinion, they would have held just fine, and at least for TESTING it. I dont know what he did to that HQI wire after opening it, but it was solidily connected when it left here.

Also, Saying I lied about it being in "WORKING condition" I had NO idea the T5 wasnt working, and the repairs I made to the HQI were simple and will work as is. Course he never mentioned ever connecting the BALLAST to the HQI repair I made to see if they did INDEED WORK as it WAS when he got it. Just accuses me.

Granted again, I assumed the person I was selling it to would be CUTTING EVERY WIRE anyways in there to hook up the new ballast to the thing. Granted the T5 wire broken he found was a good find to find before powering it up, But to claim I sold it KNOWING it was a NON working LIGHT is just wrong.
__________________
To say that there are no absolutes, is, in itself, and absolute.....

Last edited by BubbleMonkeyIII; 12/18/2006 at 01:40 AM.
  #60  
Old 12/18/2006, 01:37 AM
saltyESQ saltyESQ is offline
Devil in the fur
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale
Posts: 2,820
Send a message via Yahoo to saltyESQ
You should give the guy back his money. Bottom line is he didn't get what he paid for since you did not disclose complete info on the condition of the item and the limited info you did disclose was incomplete at best and misleading at worst. He doesn't need to take your discount on other equipment (nor would you do the same if you felt you had been burned once before). Even if you feel his gripes are unreasonable, you should give him back his money and be done with him. If you really feel your product is in great condition, you can explain that to the next buyer and disclose the issue so you don't have this problem again.
__________________
hmm, there are admissions that this is a public forum.....
  #61  
Old 12/18/2006, 01:40 AM
skairik skairik is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 374
Gina, your ability to amuse other like minded people is in and of itself amusing. Talk about a knee slapper!! And while you obviously require the services of the self-help guru, Dr. Phil, I do not so I will have to politely and respectfully decline your kind offer. But do yourself a favor and save those tickets. For when Dr. Phil next discusses personal values like honesty and integrity you will be assured of your place in the audience. If you won't listen to the truth maybe you'll listen to your mentor buddy.
__________________
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity - one lick and you suck forever
  #62  
Old 12/18/2006, 01:44 AM
BubbleMonkeyIII BubbleMonkeyIII is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 164
He was the one who suggested the eqiupment as a settlement not me. After thinking about it I said OK.. and agreed..

Then he REJECTED the offer he suggested I make, and then he started being a JERK so I said screw you. I was thinking about refunding him the money, but changed my mind after he became a jerk about the whole thing.

Plus you still need to see the cost of what he got from me.. I told him the day he picked up the ballast and light, that he was basically getting the FIXTURE for free.. which indeed he was. In reality he got about $500.00 worth of equipment for $250.00 intially. And if you throw in the extra $100.00 i offered him in the end its now up to $600.00 of equipment now. I hope you can see my point.

He just aggravated me to the point I didnt want to give him ANYTHING anymore. You can see the tone he used in here.. Try negotiating with him..

I just felt like he was trying to get more stuff out off me for nothing.

Im fair, but im not stupid.. The deal itself was a STEAL as it was on its face with or without the wiring issues.

Also i have one other issue you folks should consider, and that is I have to consider that the T5 wire broke free in TRANSPORT to his house (not my fault) Since I never saw that one.. and or got jammed or cut when HE opened the ENDCAP of the fixture, and he admits to OPENING IT.

I have to consider, that just as the crappy wiring did to me just opening the thing up it could have easily happened to him when he was digging around in there looking for the ballasts.
__________________
To say that there are no absolutes, is, in itself, and absolute.....
  #63  
Old 12/18/2006, 01:46 AM
Mchava Mchava is offline
location: santa ana, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Santa Ana CA
Posts: 3,231
Well I read the whole tread and wow I am shocked at both how people responded to his tread and how both parties are dealing with it. If I may suggest something to end this, BubbleMonkeyIII if you think the unit can still be sold why not just take the unit back and refund the full amount that Bergovoy paid. That way the issue can be resolved. Once you have to unit back relist it with the correct info. I am sure that some one would be willing to still buy it but maybe not. Hope you guys can settle this with out going to court cuase it not worth the time and money once its all over with.
__________________
"What you believe and the decisions you make are your responsibilities"

"we are that which can not be seen, just shadows in the darkness that we call the light"
  #64  
Old 12/18/2006, 01:56 AM
BubbleMonkeyIII BubbleMonkeyIII is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 164
Well i was considering it really Mchava, then he went ballistic on me making threats and stuff insulting me in e mails, you shoud SEE what he said about me? WOW...

I made him a good offer which he suggested as compensation, and then he declines?

Also I dont know if he has now USED that BWVII ballast now too. Also im not convinced that wire didnt break free in his transporting of the unit in the back of his truck or when he opened it due to its weakend state when it arrived to me.

But after someone posts slanders and insults PUBLICALLY about you, do you expect them to respond FAVORABILY?

If there is a way to prove the BWVII ballast hasnt been used/damaged, Im willing to refund the entire deal back to him.

Honestty, I tried to bend over backwards with this guy, he just ****ed me off to the point I figured screw it
__________________
To say that there are no absolutes, is, in itself, and absolute.....
  #65  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:01 AM
Nizmo350Z Nizmo350Z is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbleMonkeyIII
He was the one who suggested the eqiupment as a settlement not me. After thinking about it I said OK.. and agreed..

Then he REJECTED the offer he suggested I make, and then he started being a JERK so I said screw you. I was thinking about refunding him the money, but changed my mind after he became a jerk about the whole thing.

Plus you still need to see the cost of what he got from me.. I told him the day he picked up the ballast and light, that he was basically getting the FIXTURE for free.. which indeed he was. In reality he got about $500.00 worth of equipment for $250.00 intially. And if you throw in the extra $100.00 i offered him in the end its now up to $600.00 of equipment now. I hope you can see my point.

He just aggravated me to the point I didnt want to give him ANYTHING anymore. You can see the tone he used in here.. Try negotiating with him..

I just felt like he was trying to get more stuff out off me for nothing.

Im fair, but im not stupid.. The deal itself was a STEAL as it was on its face with or without the wiring issues.

Also i have one other issue you folks should consider, and that is I have to consider that the T5 wire broke free in TRANSPORT to his house (not my fault) Since I never saw that one.. and or got jammed or cut when HE opened the ENDCAP of the fixture, and he admits to OPENING IT.

I have to consider, that just as the crappy wiring did to me just opening the thing up it could have easily happened to him when he was digging around in there looking for the ballasts.
Who in their right mind would sell a $600.00 unit for $250? Since you sound like a great guy, then it shouldn't be much of a problem for you to take the new equipment back and refund him his money. This would end the aggravation and may even make you some money. Since clearly this guy doesn't appreciate what a great deal he's getting from such a generous person like yourself.
  #66  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:02 AM
BeanAnimal BeanAnimal is offline
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,710
Re: Other side of the story people.

Quote:
Originally posted by BubbleMonkeyIII
First, what he fails to mention is that I felt bad that he found ANOTHER wire loose in the fixture when he first contacted me when he got the light home.
Bah! I call BS already who cares if you felt bad, you lied about the state of the fixture to begin with!!!
Quote:
I told him I found TWO loose wires after taking off he endcap when I attempted to re-attach the bulbs in the fixture..
You listed the fixture as NEW, you never mentioned that you did surgery to it! You lied and are trying to back peddle...sad!
Quote:
Most of all, He also fails to mention I tried to make it "RIGHT" with him offering in the end of our discussions giving him approx $100.00 off MSRP of NEW Equipment for the hassles of the wiring on the unit and my lack of being CLEAR about it in the thread. I guess that wasnt good enough for him?
You lied? What don't you understand about that. It is fraud.
Quote:
After hearing the whole story from my side of the coin, I think you will see the ONLY one who lost money here is ME!
You were dishonest so the whole mess is really your fault.
Quote:
He asked me if I got the light this way or did i mess with it.. I could have EASILY LIED when he asked me If I recieved the fixture in this condtion, which would have been REALLY EASY.
What a joke... you already DID LIE!!! What do you not get about that? So you are saying you could have convinced him that the factory did a hack soldering job like that? Dude spin? Your spinning so fast your starting to gyrate.
Quote:
But....No, I told the truth admitted I had fixed that one HQI wire and told him so right then. End of Story.
And somehow admitting that you lied makes you noble and the victim? Priceless!
Quote:
After this admission, he barraged me with all kinds of questions and drama about what I did or didnt do to the light and how I lied to him about it in the thread and modified this and that...etc etc.. Making claims and accusations about what I did or didnt do to the light and my intentions with it.
And? You lied and suckered the guy into a transaction based on the lie. You are now crying about having to put up with an irate man who you ripped off? Again priceless!
Quote:
After thinking about how I listed the item after he complained about it, ( I Looked back at the thread where it was listed) I probably shouldnt have used "BRAND NEW" in the thread.
It never occured to you that BRAND NEW meant BRAND NEW? Not opened and operated on? Again priceless! I gotta have this thread printed and put on my wall.
Quote:
And listed it as "USED" and "AS IS". But in my defense I stated CLEARLY that the item had been USED For 5 min or so testing the light out right in the thread!
What the hell does that have to do with you operating on the light? New and Tested are a far cry from opened and modified (and wrongly to boot). Do you really want us to believe this nonsense (do you REALLY beleive it yourself?)
Quote:
As for "perfect working condition" The last time I had power to it, EVERYTHING WORKED FINE, only the ballast was cooking and I righteously figured it was about to catch fire for other reasons..
I wrapped my car around a telephone pole an hour after a guy sent me a check to buy it. It WAS NEW last time I drove it! Your a piece of work... but this is fun!
Quote:
(anyone who reads about this knows what Im talking about) Course he told me I was lying, the ballast weren't the problem and couldnt have gone bad so fast.

I told him he didnt do his HOMEWORK and provided ODYSSEA FIRE THREADS. hehehe (capacitors fry on these sometimes in minutes sometimes in days. also LOOSE stuff like bolts has and can short things out in the ballasts IMMEDIATELY)
None of this matters. You said the fixture was NEW and and EVERYTHING WORKED FINE. You stated the ballast was dead... so leave it at that. You lied to the guy... why would he beleive anything else you have to say?
Quote:
As far as the fixture being "Brand NEW" the light was BRAND new as far as I was concerned. It was never used for more than 5 min total. Never saw a tank top, never PLUGGED IN FOR more than 5 min max. Also that BLue Wave Ballast that was also sold to him? Is BRAND NEW NEVER PLUGGE IN with about 50$ worth of free cords thrown in with it. IT also STILL Has 4yr MFG warranty on it.
As far as your concerned? Dude you modified the ballast. Who cares if you threw in $200 worth of McDonalds gift certificates. You lied and have yet to realize what the problem is.
Quote:
The OVERALL CONDITION OF the fixture was IMMACTULATE and the bulbs were BRAND NEW with only minutes of time on them
..SO WHAT? You act as if you should get some sympathy for doig the guy a favor and not lying about that as well.
Quote:
The only issue I felt he had about the condition was the wire that I repaired which I felt he had an argument there, esp with the way I posted the ad. Never denied this from day one.
THAT IS THE WHOLE ISSUE. YOU LIED. YOU SHOULD REFUND THE GUYS MONEY!

God.. you wrote a book... I can't go on. It all says the same things over and over. Your contorting yourself into strange alien shapes to justify the fact that you decieved somebody and got caught. If I were the OP I would have you in court in a heartbeat. Why? Not because you lied, but because you still don't get it.


Ohh sorry folks... I was only goint to heckle from the balconey... but wow!
  #67  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:03 AM
BubbleMonkeyIII BubbleMonkeyIII is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 164
"I wil not accept being ripped off. If someone s\ays it is new, and they know they went inside and rewired / resoldered things, they are fraudulent. It is a good thing I went inside, if I would have plugged the Blue wave into the fixture as it was, the blue wave would have burnt up too....... And I wold be out all my money"

Shows he never tested the so called NON WORKING LIGHT. That repair would have worked, and to claim it wouldnt is just BS. The lights would work and the connections were solid. The shrink wrap even in his picture is covering the connections unless you really moved them around that covering even if not extremely tight would have held. From the picturs, I cannot tell them apart.

They had to be more solid after I repaired them, then when I got that thing, that was the point of my thread, The friggin thing shouldnt come apart just opening the case. So if that ONE came apart easily, he should really REWIRE the entire thing. Which is what I suggested , expected and planned on doing myself had I kept the light

You could also look at it this way, HAD I NOT found that loose wire and REPAIRED It BETTER than it was when I got it, he could have ALSO fRIED the Ballast FOR SURE since by the way the thing appeared to me when I saw them they werent even crimped, clamped, twisted.. nothing.. smooth on both ends..
__________________
To say that there are no absolutes, is, in itself, and absolute.....
  #68  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:05 AM
BubbleMonkeyIII BubbleMonkeyIII is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 164
Never said the light was "BRAND NEW IN BOX", "SEALED, NEVER OPENED" etc..

He knew there were going to be wiring issues internally with this light as we discussed this OVER the phone. Which is something else you dont know.

I am not arguing about the Ad being misleading, and I have said so. I said it should have been reworded and I should have mentioned the wiring thing. Told him that too.

But to say I PURPOSELY lied about the fixture working is BS. Also I still contend its IN WORKING CONDITION when it left here as far as I was concerned.

And one loose wire and wrapping a car around a tree are two different things.. A car is demolished when that happens.

This light would work perfectly with some MINOR DIY issues with wiring up the BALLAST to the light, BTW which we discussed on the phone BEFORE he purchased the light. And to say I KNEW all this about the light not working when I advertised it is just not true. As far as I was concerned the light worked fine when it left here, and was in IMMACULATE condition overall.

That thing would have needed MAJOR REWIRING to get that BWVII ballast to work with the light, he knew that I knew that going in BEFORE he came to pick it up. INFACT, he would have had to CUT every wire in there from the power source, including the one I repaired in order to hook the ballast up intenrally ANYWAYS? RIGHT?
__________________
To say that there are no absolutes, is, in itself, and absolute.....
  #69  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:07 AM
SteveOhh SteveOhh is offline
Fantasy Coral
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 2,436
Odyssea HQI/ T5 light fixture only WITH BULBS! Stock Ballast is toast from day one (shocked me) so threw it away. But the FIXTURE and BULBS are BRAND NEW and only plugged in ONCe for 4 min to check for working order after it arrived.

If the ballast was fried, how can you say that you plugged it in to check for working order? In my experience, a light requires a properly working ballast in order to fire the bulbs.

After thinking about how I listed the item after he complained about it, ( I Looked back at the thread where it was listed) I probably shouldnt have used "BRAND NEW" in the thread.

So why don't you do the right thing & refund ALL of his money since you've admitted you listed it as "BRAND NEW" & the fixture clearly was defective. You'd save face here @ RC & besides, it's the right thing to do.

I'd be pretty upset also if I bought a fixture that was listed as "BRAND NEW" & upon getting home, found out I was lied to. I'm sure you'd be ****ed if the roles were reversed.
  #70  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:08 AM
bennyinca bennyinca is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern OC, CA
Posts: 1,747
First of all, let me say that I read the thread and do not see phatphisher or ginasofia making excuses for the seller. I am not going to either, but I believe this needs to be handled by themselves, it is not going anywhere here. They each have their own side of the story, and buyer and seller should be responsible for their actions. As a seller you should ad your product honestly, and a seller you should not buy anything unless you are comfortable with it. I also think that as a buyer, if you want a new product and warranties that go with it, then you ought to be buying from a retailer.

However, if you sense a mixed reaction in this thread, I believe it may be because some people have already dealt with bergovoy, like I have in PM. Or maybe you have heard. Anyways I think he has built a reputation for himself. His PMs are down right abusive, and for that reason I chose to cease replying to him. After my exp in dealing with him, I'd rather give away things for free than selling to him. Just my .02

btw I do hope you get your $ back. But like I said in a previous post, there was enough info in his FS post to keep an educated buyer away
  #71  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:10 AM
Nizmo350Z Nizmo350Z is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally posted by BubbleMonkeyIII
Well i was considering it really Mchava, then he went ballistic on me making threats and stuff insulting me in e mails, you shoud SEE what he said about me? WOW...

I made him a good offer which he suggested as compensation, and then he declines?

Also I dont know if he has now USED that BWVII ballast now too. Also im not convinced that wire didnt break free in his transporting of the unit in the back of his truck or when he opened it due to its weakend state when it arrived to me.

But after someone posts slanders and insults PUBLICALLY about you, do you expect them to respond FAVORABILY?

If there is a way to prove the BWVII ballast hasnt been used/damaged, Im willing to refund the entire deal back to him.

Honestty, I tried to bend over backwards with this guy, he just ****ed me off to the point I figured screw it
I wonder what you would say if you bring a defective item back to Walmart or where ever you shop at and they offer you 10% off the next item you buy as a compensation.

GIVE THE TRAUMATIZED MAN HIS MONEY BACK, TAKE YOUR BRAND NEW EQUIPMENT BACK AND THE DEAL IS DEAD.
  #72  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:11 AM
BeanAnimal BeanAnimal is offline
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 11,710
No matter how hard you squeeze, you can't turn NEW into TAKEN APART AND MODIFIED. The more you try, the more foolish you look. Then again we have an Ex-President who said
Quote:
It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.
and then filed a brief to try and get the meaning of the word changed to what HE wanted it to mean so that he would not be disbarred. Priceless... and I see that at least some of todays youth learn lessons from their leaders.

Much better than the muppet show here!
  #73  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:13 AM
SteveOhh SteveOhh is offline
Fantasy Coral
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 2,436
Quote:
Originally posted by bennyinca
I'd rather give away things for free than selling to him. Just my .02
So got anything free?....................I can be downright nice in a PM.........
  #74  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:14 AM
rykwong rykwong is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Irvine
Posts: 985
Send a message via AIM to rykwong
I swear a mod should come in here and end this one. I do have to admit, if I was lied to like that (yes I've been scammed by people on RC) it brings out the worst type of anger in someone.
  #75  
Old 12/18/2006, 02:17 AM
BpOC BpOC is offline
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Orange County, Ca
Posts: 895
lmfao i can'tbelieve this thread isn't closed yet
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef Central Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2009