Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/24/2005, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

I'm surprised to see a picture now, I wonder where was the picture when the issue was brought up a couple days ago. I'm sure AtlanticReef would know what he sent you. Maybe you killed it after you did a poor mounting job?
Old 08/24/2005, 03:13 PM
Moved On

Why did you cheated me on the corals...
The Acan lords I sent you with mounted rock, then you sent me a picture without rock..
The purple monster frag I sent you without mounted rock, then you sent me with rock...You told me they were dead why you mounted on the rock...Cheater.

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

Actually I have plenty of validity for saying that. It seems like you always don't have a camera "available" when the frags arrive. It is crucial in transactions like this to take pics when the frags arrive. However in your case it always seems to be somewhere unavailable. Either it's packed for a trip(atlanticreef) or whatever reason you gave me when we had our transaction. You and your state friends always mention the fact that you buy a lot of corals and you're not a beginner in buying stuff from other people. If that is true then how come you don't have the decency and the knowledge of sending out pics of dead corals when they arrive? It doesn't matter if you send pics 2-3 days later because the pics loses their authencity that the frags actually died on arrival. And in my case you didn't send any pics at all.
Old 08/24/2005, 03:17 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by sspargur
I never said I currently have no camera available. You have no idea what your talking about issey so why are you even trying to present a fact that has zero validity?
Why do you not take a picture when you received dead corals as I requested pictures on Tuesday morning?

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

LOL
I have seen Atlanticreef's tank and frags in person many times, and I know how he mounts this corals.... that is NOT how he mounts them! Those do not seem to be frags from Tony at all.
Old 08/24/2005, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

Asparagus, send him the equipment he wanted and he'll send you another frag then. End of story. If it is really dead, why don't you ask him to send you another one. But I wouldn't trust you, so you need to send him his trade first before he sends you another one. Why are you fighting so hard, if you want to end it, just fullfill your end of the bargain. End of story. Thread Closed. AMEN.
Old 08/24/2005, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

Usually I tell buyers not to mount frags as soon as they get them. I tell them to leave them in their tank for a few days before mounting. Mounting right after shipping stresses them out imo...and it leads to death of the frags.

Now I wonder if Sean tried to mount the frags I sent him and they died....
Old 08/24/2005, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Maybe his tank is bad and the corals died once acclimmated?
Old 08/24/2005, 03:20 PM
Sannin

I say you send Tony the equipment. He takes a pic. of it malfunctioning and send you back the pic and call it even. Everyone is happy. You have dead corals like you claimed and Tony has his malfunctioning equipment..hahahahhaha
Old 08/24/2005, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

sspargu:

It just sounds so fishy to me , that you claimed to receive a shipment with DOA stuff in it, yet you do not document it in any pictures... If that is true, how hard is it to take a picture of a dead coral in a bag once you receive it?

I mean, you trade corals all the time, here in RC and at frags.org.... and you don't have access to a digicam or a cell phone cam, a cam of any kind???
Old 08/24/2005, 03:32 PM
Ultra Rare White SPS

On top of it.... This is not the first time... He has been through this before and he should have the pix of them if it is DOA... I agreed with you bennyinca... It is fishy to me too...
Old 08/24/2005, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

I've shipped Acan across the country in the winter time. They don't die that easily. This guy is in Utah? And this was recently. The weather is not that bad right now for them to die like that. With Acan, you would have to kill them and suck out the meat before they show their skeleton like that. I have a lot of acan, with just a piece of skin, it can turn into full polyps in a few days. Even the Acan expert can vouched for that.

I think that picture is not the piece that AtlanticReef sent.
Old 08/24/2005, 03:46 PM
Sannin

Quote:
If that is true, how hard is it to take a picture of a dead coral in a bag once you receive it?
Good point....if I received something DOA. I would not even take it out of the bag. I would just take a pic. right away and posted for AtlanticReef to assure my innocent and that it was DOA. If Tony can shipped Sunset and superman danae all the way to the East coast without them being DOA, I am sure he can handle shipping out acans (bulletproof) to Utah. JMO
Old 08/24/2005, 04:13 PM
Moved On

Look at my feed back in the RC.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=614514

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 04:29 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by sspargur
Same pics emailed to Tony:

It's so funny...the pictures of # 1 and # 2 were taken by today...

Picture # 1 Date picture taken: 8/24/2005 12:36 pm

Picture # 2 Date picture taken: 8/24/2005 12:37 pm.

Can you explain to me some question? You told me that you already sent the pictures last week to me...now these pictures you just took it this afternoon...where did you get the pictures you sent to me last week...I told you the true that I didn't receive any pictures from you last week except the acan pictures you sent me when you saw my posted on the reef central. You are lair again.

Tony
Old 08/24/2005, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Hey AtlanticReef how do you figure out that he took the pics today? Is there a tag on the files?
Old 08/24/2005, 04:37 PM
Moved On

Yes, here is how you do it and find out the date.

You copy the pictures on your file, then use the mount to point at the picture that you just copied you will see all the information of the date of picture taken...his camera model is Finepix A330.

Tony

Last edited by AtlanticReef; 08/24/2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08/24/2005, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

Looks like he is busted.. I think at the very least he should be banned for this, since it is a second offense..
Old 08/24/2005, 09:28 PM
Premium Member

Hm...on my computer it says it was taken at 8:58am on 8/21/2005.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Where's your will to be weird?
Old 08/24/2005, 09:54 PM

looks like he took the Acan pic the day he read this thread 8/21... the others after that. Looks pretty shady...
Old 08/24/2005, 09:56 PM
Premium Member

Oh yeah, I forgot 1 and 2 were the photos in question. woops

Where's your will to be weird?
Old 08/24/2005, 10:12 PM
Moved On

AR ,,sry to hear your troubles,,
did you send this guy a pics of the frags before you sent it,if so ,match to the pics he sent you ,and then post them ,or use that in court ,(i know most ppl post pics when you sell them in threads)
Old 08/24/2005, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

I think in light of this new proof that he takes fake photos(or uses photos of others) to scam people of their money I am probably going to see if I can do something about my transaction with him that happened a while ago. AtlanticReef please let me know if you are going to take him to court or do small claims. I would like to go through it with you. Thanks.

James
Old 08/25/2005, 01:02 AM
Crazy Aquarist

Tony & James,

I hope you get your money back. Take him to court on fraud which I believe this is the case (Im not a lawyer or pretent to) JMHO.

Believe in what you know and stand by it.
Old 08/25/2005, 01:49 AM
$30.00 lunch 4 my angler

SO SHADY MAN!!

tony,

i have gotten frags from you in the past. you dont make little frags like that you are supper generous. also why would you mount dead frags???????????????????????????????
you said these where d.o.a = dead on arival..
tony said he did not mount them when he sent them. this makes no sense to me.
that acan pic your posted looks like a blasto skeleton. once again you are shady dewd!

james, i dont see all this guys friends backing him up on this one!

shady, shady!