Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 09/25/2007, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

OK, evidently I can not post the e-mails from him even though they go on to counter the statements made by only4fudge. DC had asked for misstatements and I have just given evidence of several. Unfortunately, they won't be allowed by the Mods. I will try and send them via PM to DC to see if he wants to do anything with them.

Sorry about that Steve, I did not realize that a response to DC to show the misstatements in only4fudges reply needed to be after-the fact. I wanted to show clear cut proof.

Anyway, I will be PM'ing them to yourself and DC to do what you may with only4fudge.

He is not an honest person and anyone doing business with him needs to know that and that they should be expected to be treated fairly and honestly.
Old 09/25/2007, 10:22 AM
Moved In

Well I never was talking to you mike about facts. It was referring to people jumping on the thread and making statements when they didn't know what they were talking about.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 09/25/2007, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Sounds to me like the moderators hands are tied with what they actually can do to only4fudge. I think everytime we see a posting from fudge we should just refer them to this thread.
Old 09/25/2007, 10:26 AM
Garbologist

I have been traveling and have been too busy to be around RC much lately. As I'm generally the one to handle these selling messes I was asked to take a look at this. Here what needs to be done. This is not a simple situation and I won't have time to properly deal with it until sometime next week. I'm going to close this thread until that time. When I am back I will post to the thread and you will know it is active again.

Only4fudge, I don't know if you are actively selling anything right now but if you are you need to halt any sales at this point until I can look into this. If you have any open threads in the selling forum I need you to send me the links to them.

When this reopens we will not be posting PMs or emails, nor will we be name calling or challenging people to do anything. I'll read all of the facts here and talk to those involved and make a decision on what needs to be done. Only in severe cases does a mod even step in at this point, but it seems this is one of those cases. VegasMike, if you have anything to say about what has happened please PM me. Only4fudge, I would most certainly advise you to do the same. I am not accusing you of anything, but if you are scamming people you best PM me and admit to it now.You have 7-9 days before I reopen this. Getting some things settled in some way with me and the people who have a problem with you would be in your best interest before that.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 10/02/2007, 06:08 AM
Garbologist

Has anything been settled with these issues since last week?

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 10/02/2007, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

I have emails that I tried to return the entire package, but he refused. I accepted a $125 refund on a $400 purchase because I knew that if it came down to Paypal, because he had sent a package paypal would consider the transaction settled.

For my money I got a mangrove (not part of the deal) a rock with 50 or dusty pink zoas, a rock with app. 75 watermelon zoas, a rock with app. 100 brown/green zoas and a crocea clam with a pinched mantle that died in two weeks and 4 dead corals.

After I had paid but befoer I recieved the package, I learned that another user (berniekyle) and I had both paid for the same package. There is no doubt and only4fudge at first denied it happened and then told me in email he had bought corals to make both of our packages.

Problem was it wasn't the same corals we were promised. I can prove this without doubt through PM's and emails I have.

Last edited by Thhitman; 10/02/2007 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10/02/2007, 08:09 AM
Garbologist

You can send them to me if you like..... smiller@reefcentral.com

Old 10/02/2007, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Unlike the Thhitman I only paid $350 for my package but I also
tried a refund with him and ended up with $125.

He tried to sub me a 2.5 inch clam for the one I was suppose to get (7-9 in) and it was DOA as was the rose bubble tip he was replacing with another coral after we had already agreed on the pack. All in all half his bags were leaky and over half the corals died or were DOA. I honestly do not believe any of the corals I received were anything that we agreed upon. The three that didn't die I threw out because they were covered with worms.

Just a horrible experience with the guy from begining to end.
Old 10/02/2007, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

No resolution at all in my case, not even a partial refund. Also turns out the fish he sent me has ich. The reason I know this is that it went into a new QT tank in my office that only had one fish in it which had been in the tank a month with no problems. The existing fish still shows no signs of ich, whereas the Sohal from only4fudge is scratching on the bottom.

I truly believe he sells this stuff from the wholesaler or some other source. He represents that the livestock he is selling has come from his own tank (or a friend's), but it is just too much of a coincidence that he can sell multiple pieces or specimens. I did not mind paying a little extra for a fish that had been in captivity a while, but I do not believe that is what I received, especially after hearing these stories.

I have sent you all of my e-mail correspondence which shows the blatant misstatements he has made and his attitude towards any transaction he does.
Old 10/02/2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

folks,

my sentiments to all who suffered. what a nightmare from the start! does anyone know where he is located?
Old 10/02/2007, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

He's somewhere in San Jose. I was going to buy stuff from him a while back but he said no pickup. Goodluck getting your $ back guys..
Old 10/02/2007, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

I've sent you most of the correspondence between me and full-O-fudge, wish I could post it so everyone could see why we are so ticked off.
Old 10/02/2007, 10:56 PM
Registered Member

I know what you mean. I tried posting the whole e-mail history, but, alas, that is not allowed, oh well. Let's just say it proved my points and supported my position. After hearing everyone's comments, I think the logical conclusion is that this guy is a crook.

I will be looking for him from now on and will be making sure that any future posts of his get linked here.
Old 10/03/2007, 12:32 AM
Registered Member

Elite,

if he's in San Jose, then I think I know where he gets his stuff from (public wholesale), ring a bell? damn, that's the last place anyone should buy anything from...no wonder some corals arrived DOA and the sohal scratching, that's considered trivial to some other things I've seen and heard...this nightmare joint is famous for that...I'm sorry for you guys who dealt with him, he probably has ditched his username and created a new one by now...guys good luck getting $$ back...i hope there will be some resolution to this...hopefully the moderators could help some.
Old 10/03/2007, 05:49 AM
Garbologist

Only4fudge is now under a probationary status, which prevents a member from sending or receiving PMs or from posting in the selling forums.

Thanks to all for the info sent to me. I encourage everyone to please be careful when buying or selling on RC. Search the feedback area and look at the person's history. If they are not long time members or have minimum posts or appear to only be interested in selling I personally would stay clear of them.

Old 10/03/2007, 04:26 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Wow Steve are you are the RC Judge Judy

well Done.

This guy is a reefers nightmare

DVRC Vice President
Old 10/03/2007, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

I dont know this guy at all but I bought all of his live rock and it got to me just fine? Maybe I got lucky? He always returned my emails too?

The one thing I did ask was for him to send it on monday being it was a ground shipment so it would be here by friday. Well, he sent it out on tuesday and the estimated time for arrival was the following monday. The package showed up at my door on friday?

I was really worried about this as I spent $180 but all worked out for me. I know fish and corals are alot more delicate so that could be part of it?

I am not taking no sides nor do I know this guy. I am just letting everyone know what my experience was only4fudge.
Old 10/03/2007, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

nakadoc
Welcome to RC ......
Old 10/03/2007, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Thanks!

I have posted anything yet but have purchased a ton from the forums.
Old 10/04/2007, 01:26 AM
Registered Member

nakadoc, you bought rocks, not fish or corals, not much can happen to rocks if you know what i mean