Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/20/2004, 05:24 PM
Premium Member

Acanthastrea at LFS today

I saw this today at the LFS and I want it. THe owner wasnt there and the guy said he thought it was a blasto- then he called the owner and he said it wasnt for salw but he didnt know what it was... anyway.... I want to try to get it what do you think a fair price is?

appreciate it. sorry the pic isnt closer it was hiding in the back of the 400gal tank

TIA
Kelsey

Old 10/20/2004, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

For a decent price....buy it

John
Old 10/20/2004, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

I guess a decent price is all relative eh? Ive never paid over 75 for any coral before but willing to do a little more for this one and of course share the wealth around! ;-) I will let you guys know if he is willing to part with it!
Old 10/21/2004, 01:18 AM
Propping Monster

Buy it!... looks like red hillae. if it is... then you'd be the only person in the US that i know of that's got one. if it's some other acan you still win. and if it's a blasto... congrats on the beautiful blasto. i say go for it. then when you get better pics we can talk about a trade . good luck.
Old 10/21/2004, 07:36 AM
Moved On

I'd pay 400 for it...that is what i would offer, if it looks way better then the photo i'd go up to 600..but no Higher the 750.. FINE. FINE.. 800
Old 10/21/2004, 09:33 AM
Premium Member

I am going in this am to try to convince him to sell it to me. It is so pretty whatever it is. It is kind of a magenta color -not pink not true purple-with bright orange rings and the colony is HUGE! so there will be plenty to trade if it goes. I hope I can get a better look at it also. what is a red hillae? I have a 75gal with 2 175W SE Hamilton 14K's, 2x 96W true actinic PC's where would it go in terms of light and flow? (I have a Tunze stream so there is alot of flow in most areas) -Keep acting like I will get it. He puts all the cool stuff in his show tank then doesnt want to sell it! HOG! I am going to offer to buy it, frag it and give him a large chunk back to try to entice him

thanks again
Kelsey
Old 10/21/2004, 03:17 PM
Premium Member

BTW, I did get this today-- see my new thread in this forum for pic!

thanks
Old 10/21/2004, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

i hope it was a decent price

John