Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/07/2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Some Lps pics of my tank. Micros and more. Dial-up beware lots of pics.

Here are some pics of some of the lps I have in my tank. I have recently started getting interested in some micromussas and decided to take some pics to show them off finally.
Here is are two of three corals I bought while at MACNA '06. I bought it thinking it was a micro but after seeing how big the polyps have became I am not sure if it is a acan or micromussa. What do you guys think? You can also see a watermelon chalice I bought from the same vendor in the background.

Here is the third coral I got from vendor at MACNA '06 and I am thinking it is the alien eye chalice.

These two pics are of one I got from a LFS. It is a ice blue with a bright center. It also has a few polyps with a little red with around the very edges.

Here is another one I got from the same LFS. I wonder if it is the same kind of the blueish colony above cause it has a red outer ring with bright bluish centers and a blue dusting.

Also another one I got from same LFS. It is more of a green in person with a lighter green dusting. Man I am not very good at taking pics.

The one on the right is a new one I just got today from a fellow club member.

Here is a bad photo of a Fraggle Reef micro called Alien Eye I think. I wish I could take a better pic.

Here are two scolymia I got from a group buy with Ultimatefrags.org that our club did. These pics were taken right after putting them in my tank.

Old 02/07/2007, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Here are two corals I got from a fellow club member breaking down his tank. A pink chalice and a nice acan enchinata.

Also here is a supposed Tyree war coral from FraggleReef.com. Also a group buy purchase with club. It was under low light at his place and is starting to color up nicely in my tank. Also not a good pic.

I got tired of all these frags sitting on the sand and getting covered every once in awhile from my sand sifting goby so I changed my tank up a bit and now have what I call Fraggle Rock. Anyone remember the cartoon from the 80's.

Old 02/07/2007, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Very nice!
Old 02/07/2007, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Those are some sweet corals! Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the pictures. Hmm, er, nope, I wouldn't be remembering Fraggle Nuthin' from the 80's!
Old 02/08/2007, 12:31 AM
Moving Along

Ya, but the cartoon was based on an HBO special. Do you remember that? You know, back when Mtv just meant music television?

-Justin
Old 02/08/2007, 12:34 AM
Moving Along

Beautifull peices btw, see that beaut from the other thread too, lucky you indeed

-Justin