Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/19/2005, 09:00 PM
Premium Member

That was actually picking on his thread as he won thread of the month this month.

I do like checking out these videos though!

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 07/19/2005, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Re: Home Reef Videos..?

This was taken a few months ago...........I enjoy looking at all the videos.........great thread!!
Old 07/20/2005, 12:50 AM
Premium Member

This is pretty much just a test since my beloved 'real' computer died. I'm using some dumb bundled video package on an old machine, so can't do what I want right now really. Quality bad, used just any old clip, but it's fun because we're talking to our 8 year old niece, who was up late due to my lame brother feeling he had to clean rather than reading to her and putting her to bed!! (go mute if you don't want to hear it..)

But, this was months ago when we had first setup, and our mysterious little hitchhiker decided to come out for full frontal shots at last.

More and MUCH better to come sometime soon.

Let me know if the link doesn't work..I just uploaded without integrating into our website (cuz I can't do that now either..bad PC, very bad!)

Little crabby and sleepy child!
Old 07/20/2005, 04:53 AM
Premium Member

Re: Re: Home Reef Videos..?

Quote:
Originally posted by hreef
This was taken a few months ago...........I enjoy looking at all the videos.........great thread!!

LOL....what was taken a few months ago..???

( I think you forgot something )
Old 07/20/2005, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

Under The Actinic Sky

Ok, here is a 'real' one from me finally. I'm finicky, but, given I've been too lazy to keep my tripod in front of tank yet, I haven't gotten down filming through the glass yet, and other stupid disclaimers, here goes!! (let me know if you can't view for any reason, also, high-bandwith needed!!)

Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues
Old 07/20/2005, 03:05 PM
Premium Member

WOW...!!! NOW THAT"S WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT.....

Very nice video....... Well Done ... WHOO HOO WHOO HOO....

Those scooters that were mating ... incredible.. Were they a mated pair when you got them ...? Or did you just get lucky in picking them out..??

Man ... I just realized that I did not quote you.... I can't use any emoticons to really let you know how much I liked that video ....

WELL DONE ( again )
Old 07/20/2005, 03:06 PM
Premium Member

Re: Under The Actinic Sky

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
Ok, here is a 'real' one from me finally. I'm finicky, but, given I've been too lazy to keep my tripod in front of tank yet, I haven't gotten down filming through the glass yet, and other stupid disclaimers, here goes!! (let me know if you can't view for any reason, also, high-bandwith needed!!)

Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues

I'll fix that.....

Old 07/20/2005, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

That is an amazing video! Moody Blues was perfect for that too.

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 07/20/2005, 04:53 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by corpsman
www.fullauto.org/tank1.htm
www.fullauto.org/worm.htm
These two are GREAT!!!! Love the first one, what band is it?? The second one, I'm still busting up from the sound-bite at end. DO MORE!!
Old 07/20/2005, 05:05 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bennerkla
Hey guys, I started this video in another thread and people have seemed to find it very entertaining. Here is my Blue Tang's sleeping/hiding spot. He's got a great personality and I love to watch him.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/202224954629305.html

Here is the thread if you want to post...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=630663
That is HYSTERICAL!!!!
Old 07/20/2005, 05:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fishman805
Here's the latest video of Reefkeeps tank ... ( with his permission )

http://www.offshorejax.com/Tank/fishsticks.wmv
Okay, I'm posting individual comments now that I have time to go through each one here..they're all so great, only got glimpses the other day.

SO REEFKEEPS, you SNAGGED MY SONG!! Here is another gross-out microscope one I did last year, gee, sound familiar?? (Oh, I love your video!!!)

'MY' Kodachrome!

(it ain't easy doing 'em this way, so pardon the quality!)
Old 07/20/2005, 05:24 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pavlo
That microscope video was excellent.

The following clip is nowhere near the same calibre.
Here is a video of my male clown looking after eggs.

Filmed through a mesoscope.

clown video
Cool Pavlo! I finally got the right codec to view. And do the babies hatch and live ever??
Old 07/20/2005, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

Amy .... I still need an answer to my question concerning the scooters that were mating in your tank ... did you buy them as a pair...??? I've got a male in my tank and I think he's lonely .... He keeps displaying to himself in the glass.... ( lol )
Old 07/20/2005, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

Hi Amy, The clowns always hatch but The babies dont live long. too many hungry fish Im afraid. I am planning on setting up some tanks for raising the fry but there are so many other things to do first. Btw I love your videos and your taste in music

Cheers

Paul
Old 07/20/2005, 07:03 PM
Premium Member

The blennies were bought seperately.. The original female met a nasty pump disaster. I got two more females, put one in with him, the other with my seahorses. Then, I threw the 3 of them together in the big tank when we put it up. He cheats on both the ladies. I call him Fred, and both of them Ginger, btw, no more beautiful dancing than that! I would definately get your little guy a gal for company. Let me know how it goes when you do.

Paul..thx!
Old 07/20/2005, 07:31 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
The blennies were bought seperately.. The original female met a nasty pump disaster. I got two more females, put one in with him, the other with my seahorses. Then, I threw the 3 of them together in the big tank when we put it up. He cheats on both the ladies. I call him Fred, and both of them Ginger, btw, no more beautiful dancing than that! I would definately get your little guy a gal for company. Let me know how it goes when you do.

Paul..thx!
Thanks ... And I will ....
Old 07/21/2005, 01:17 AM
Premium Member

Here is a nice upbeat and energetic one! Sorry, very large file. I can put a lower quality/smaller one up if any one has problems.

Lazy Days - Enya

Old 07/21/2005, 05:26 AM