Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/20/2005, 07:02 PM
forever newbie

I can't wait to see the video Bob!!! I look every night to see if you had posted 1.
Amy, maybe if you put some type of warning in your header you might be able to get away with your music choice. Or just tell people to turn their speakers off while watching your vid. I know I saw a vid with really inappropriate music but I still thought it was cool.
Old 10/20/2005, 09:01 PM
Premium Member

Cool RED CARPET ROLL-OUT!!!!

And herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's BOB's!!!

Orinoco Flow - Enya - Bob 'Fishman805' Tanks 44mb

Okay, I'm linking this for Bob as it plays in a background window right now, so I haven't watched it all yet. What I've seen so far looks really nice, different and creative and good quality!! I'll let you know more of my take after I hit enter on this post.

Welcome to 'our' world at last Bob!! You started all this, so very happy you can come play now

p.s. when do we get some kodachrome vids?
p.s.s. your Blenny dude looks realllllly lonely, I can tell!
Old 10/20/2005, 09:47 PM
Premium Member

Okay, just watched it all. The tank is really lovely! Nice harmony and lay out and all. The video has a great 'dreamy' effect, nicely unique....but.......is there no color in your fish, rocks and corals?!?!?! Are they all new species we don't know about yet !?!?!?!!??!

Really well done with the camera work and production. I look forward to seeing more since you have the gear and skills now, and getting to know you critters better, like we know Beverly's snails so well.

Old 10/20/2005, 10:33 PM
Premium Member

I'm Sorry!!! My site has crashed somehow while I was making page updates. Bob, I'll try to get it back as soon as possible.
Old 10/20/2005, 11:09 PM
TRC Leader

It is downloading now. Like watching grass grow....

Just kidding. I'm all the way up to 29%.
Old 10/20/2005, 11:21 PM
TRC Leader

I just watched it. Nice song, nice transitions.
Old 10/21/2005, 10:30 AM
1/2 century and counting

Quote:
Originally posted by alexchern75
here is the emarrasing video, but let me assure you, my 5 yr old daughter likes it
http://www.zippyvideos.com/131929428...reef_creation/
Loved the music Was looking for the three fishies, though

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
A Pico Water Change
Water change proceedures aside, great little tank Would like to see a video of the tank's inhabitants

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
And herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's BOB's!!!

Orinoco Flow - Enya - Bob 'Fishman805' Tanks 44mb
Don't know why that one didn't buffer for me, like most large vids do Had to let it play through in once as it jerked along, then played it back to perfection Don't know how much I liked the B&W, but the video is very well put together Kudos to the vid maker
Old 10/21/2005, 10:33 AM
Premium Member

I was just getting ready to say I can host it if you need.
Old 10/21/2005, 02:53 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for all of the kind words.... Thanks especially to Amy for hosting and posting my video....

Bev... I wanted to do something different from everyone else and that's why I went B&W... I thought it would be cool with the music... Thanks for the kudo's....

I promise that my next video will have "color" ....

Adam.... Thanks for the offer.... I'm looking to host videos in a way that all you have to do is "right click - save as" so that media player automaticaly comes up... I can't remember if your site does that...??

Anyway... thanks guys.... I am now WET....... ( metaphoricaly speaking )

Bob
Old 10/21/2005, 08:39 PM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Beverly
Water change proceedures aside, great little tank Would like to see a video of the tank's inhabitants
I posted this one earlier in the thread. It is about Casper, but you can see her domain pretty well at the same time.
Old 10/21/2005, 09:55 PM
1/2 century and counting

Great collection of beautiful zoos, Marc

Having once kept SHs, I wonder if your lone SH is, well, lonely? Maybe needs more hitching places? She really eats well!
Old 10/22/2005, 12:31 AM
Premium Member

I have POLLUTION issues to deal with all weekend in my tanks, plus, an issue with coralline algae bleaching out, so, I have to get on the ball and re-examine what is going on!!

So, in the meantime while I psych myself up for all the work, I wanted to post this hysterical video I hadn't put up yet..more microscope stuff, but this one is great quality, and, definately some interesting organism in there that you will see. I am also reposting a shorter version of th 8 minute one I had done, to show just toward the end where cellular disintigration starts, other organisms come in for the feed, nucleus remains, etc.. I know it's not 'typical reef', but these are pretty cool.

Walk on the Wild Side with Microscopic Wonders

Ripples - Genesis - 4 Minute Short Version showing Cellular Meltdowns (microscope vid)

Also, this is non-reef related, but someone on this thread thought you all 'might' be interested in the praying mantid music vids I did a few years ago. I'll just list the link to the page if you are interested..some of them are pretty funny, but, they are really educational too in their behaviors. They are in the upper 3 left boxes on the page. The first one, about 4 minutes in, changes themes, and there is a baby on my thumbnail chowing down like a pteridactyl!

Link to Praying Mantis Videos
Old 10/22/2005, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Nice videos Amy.... And again thanks for hosting my video... Now just in case you all did not notice... We are now a "RATED" thread.... Cherie ( Reefcherie ) was kind enough to fix it for us... I've also noticed that we are fast becoming the most looked at thread on RC.... WOO HOO!!.... If this thread gets any better ( and I hope it continues to ) we'll be the best stop in RC.....

Man... what a rush ....

ANYWAY.... I've got another video ready... ( all I needed was the camcorder and the push ) ... This one also features Enya for the music ( Lord of the Ring ) and is of my 12gal. Nano Cube... As I type this, my daughter is subscribing to and setting up our own "web-site" to host vidoes and other family related "stuff"... We're trying to come up with a "domain name" right now so please stand by.... As soon as it's together, you'll see my newest offering......

Bob
Old 10/22/2005, 04:48 PM
1/2 century and counting

Looking forward to your new video, Bob

Took my husband and I hours and hours to settle on the right domain name. Finally decided on lostmymarblz.com, which pretty much sums up our lives Not joking either!
Old 10/22/2005, 05:06 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Beverly
Looking forward to your new video, Bob

Took my husband and I hours and hours to settle on the right domain name. Finally decided on lostmymarblz.com, which pretty much sums up our lives Not joking either!

Well Bev it did not take us that long..... Our domain name is going to be: the_fant4stic_four@yahoo.com.... My daughter ( 13 years old ) came up with it... She says that the "4" represents the letter "A" in HTML or something but my wife and I still think it's just the number 4..... Oh well.. Believe it or not, she's the one that will be the administrator of our family website... ( kids these days )... I truely believe that she can pull this off though because we've seen her "zanga" website and she's really very good at it.. The whole HTML thing and all... So when it's up and running, I'll put the "red-house" up in my profile and you'll be able to judge for yourselves....

Can't wait for ya'll to see my new video ... aside from some "jerky" moments, it turned out pretty well... ( IMHO )....

Bob
Old 10/23/2005, 09:58 AM
Premium Member

Correction to the website.... It's: www.ushanlins.com

Not much is up there yet but my daughter is working on it....

Hey guys... Guess what..??? This thread is up for thread of the month ( in case I was the last to know this ).... !! WHOO HOO!!

If ya'll have liked what you've seen here ( so far ), get out and go to the polls ( so to speak ) This is a vote for "ALL OF US" everyone who has made this thread what it is today ( and is still getting better ) Early results show us with a good start......

Bob
Old 10/23/2005, 10:41 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fishman805
Correction to the website.... It's: www.ushanlins.com

Not much is up there yet but my daughter is working on it....

Hey guys... Guess what..??? This thread is up for thread of the month ( in case I was the last to know this ).... !! WHOO HOO!!

If ya'll have liked what you've seen here ( so far ), get out and go to the polls ( so to speak ) This is a vote for "ALL OF US" everyone who has made this thread what it is today ( and is still getting better ) Early results show us with a good start......

Bob
Bob, tell your daughter I'm loving the site already..great start and just perfect music! And she'll have your video posted when?

More importantly, congrats om this being up for thread/mth...that is GREAT news!!!! I have to go check out the other competetors now.
Old 10/23/2005, 10:45 AM
Premium Member

I voted for rock cooking 101, that was the right choice right?
Old 10/23/2005, 01:13 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AJP
I voted for rock cooking 101, that was the right choice right?

( smart butt )........

Bob
Old 10/23/2005, 03:45 PM
Premium Member

I hope this works.....

Here's a link to the video of the nano cube:

http://www.ushanlins.com/Videos.html

This is not a "right-click save as"... It will take you to my ( still in build up ) website......

But it does work and I ( and my daughter the web wiz ) think it's awesome......

Bob
Old 10/23/2005, 03:46 PM
Got Pictures?

here is a new one from our clubs "frag swap" yesterday.
this is the low quality version, I have a 90 MB one:
Ether way you can download the little one here:
http://www.supload.com/vid/swap_small/851774244/wmv/

Enjoy!
Now Open Water Scuba Certified :)
Old 10/23/2005, 05:10 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by alexchern75
here is a new one from our clubs "frag swap" yesterday.
this is the low quality version, I have a 90 MB one:
Ether way you can download the little one here:
http://www.supload.com/vid/swap_small/851774244/wmv/

Enjoy!
Alex... That was one awesome video..!! Truly... I've heard of "Frag swaps" but had never seen what they were all about.... If that's an indication then I want to go to one.... The video was very well put together .... The audio was "over the top".. I can't imagine what the 90meg version would look like...

Post a link .. Some of us ( if not most of us) have high speed and I'd love to get the "big" version... That looked like SPS heaven ( and so far I'm just a LPS/Softy guy)....

Thanks for sharing.....

I WANT TO SEE THE BIG VER.........

Bob
Old 10/23/2005, 05:13 PM
Premium Member

Not to sound "repetitive" here guys.... BUT ... The website is working and the videos work like a charm..... I really have to give kudos to my "13 year old" daughter who is doing all of the administration of this website.... I truly don't know where she gets it..... ( LOL )...

Bob
Old 10/23/2005, 05:42 PM
TRC Leader

The only problem with your videos is you have to wait at that page for them to fully load before you can do anything. Perhaps you can insert the filesize on the page under each one to give the visitor an idea of how big a file they are waiting for. I'm still downloading via DSL as I type this.

The Frag video was great. Nice idea!
Old 10/23/2005, 05:42 PM
Premium Member

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=694780