Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 05/11/2005, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Negative feedback for Country Boy

Unfortunately I'm posting negative feedback for someone in my own reef club. I recently sold my whole 55 gallon tank and everything in it. "Country Boy" bought several things from me and the total selling price was $130. He asked if I could make payments, half then and the other half in 2 weeks, and since I had spoken to him, knew who he was, and the fact that he was in the local club... I thought I could trust him.

Well two weeks went by and I didn't hear anything. I just decided to be patient. In the third week, I sent him a PM asking about the money. No response.

A couple days later I sent another PM. He replied that he was out of state til the following Friday and that he would take care of it when he got back home.

That Friday came and went, still nothing. I sent him three different PMs over the course of the next two weeks, and still no responses.

Finally I posted in our club forum and asked if anyone had heard from him (people knew about him making half and half payments with me because there were SEVERAL people from the club at my house when we made this agreement... they were all buying things too). He replied with a very rude response, with cursing, and called me rude and annoying, etc.

I PMed him privately again and explained that I had been very patient (as it was now going on 2 months since he agreed to pay) and that asking for my money that was owed was not "rude and annoying", and that if he had financial difficulties, a simple reply to my PM would have been sufficient.

Since that time I have sent him three additional PMs and I never receive a response. I would not trust this guy in any transaction, whether through the mail or in person.

Just goes to show that you can't trust someone just because they are friendly to your face.

Thanks,
Have a nice day.

Last edited by Amber Nussbaum; 05/11/2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05/12/2005, 12:02 AM
Tiny Miracles.

So did you give him the tank and he not pay or do you still have the tank?
Old 05/12/2005, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

I sold him some things out of the tank, corals and a fish... and he paid me half while he was at my house. He still has not paid the other half of the money.
Old 05/26/2005, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Originaly posted in Local Forum
Quote:
My Personal Life and Financial Matters Concern No one from this Forum Do you need an email from me EVERYDAY ??? ...... Aside from you being very Rude and Annoying, you will get your damn Money.....

Since Amber feels that my life needs to be broadcasted to everyone !! I'll fill ya'll in ...

For anyone that is unaware, Within the past month, I had a family member pass away, l was forced to resign my job, and scheduled for back surgery all with in a short time ...... With the bills backing up, and the stress of begining my new job, and awaiting surgery, my life has been less than exciting....
I have never met someone other than my Fiance' that needed me to call them everyday and update them with my Life.... AMBER recieved numerous emails reguarding the situation and her money was sent to her .
Old 05/26/2005, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

That's a lie. I have never received the money, and only received the ONE email notifying me he'd be out of town. After that NO responses.

It's okay Reagon, I'm not worried about it anymore. I forgive you for lying, and for trying to make me look bad in front of everyone. Really, if you need the $65 that bad, please do keep it.
Old 05/26/2005, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

Wow... you really are a work of art... Maybe if you checked your Paypal Account before you begin acting immature again, you would realize you are in the WRONG once again! Grow up would you!?!
Old 05/26/2005, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

I never received money from you in my paypal account. What address did you send it to? Do you have a receipt from paypal? I just went through all my history. No $.

PS your posts are bordering on harassment. Seriously stop before the moderators get notified.
Old 05/26/2005, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

So how long ago did this transaction take place?
Old 05/26/2005, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

In late March.
Old 05/26/2005, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

He claims he cant pay you due to money problems,but just a couple weeks ago someone was pricing XM Bulbs http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...39#post4927139
Old 05/26/2005, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I know... no big deal. Lesson learned. I'm not gonna hold a grudge. I just want to stop getting harrassed.
Old 05/26/2005, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

NiTr0x911 Before you add your two cents, make sure you know the whole story... She has been paid and is attempting to play ignorant.
As far as purchasing a XM bulb, that thread is dated more than 2 months after i purchased this stuff from Amber. So before anyone else decides to put there 2 cents in make sure you know the whole story.. Thank you
Old 05/26/2005, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

You still haven't told me what email address you sent this supposed payment to, given me dates, or a receipt from paypal. You didn't pay me. I'll contact the moderators about closing this thread. It's totally unproductive.
Old 05/26/2005, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

Well Concidering It was paid almost 2 weeks ago, and my bank account shows that it was withdrawn, I really dont know what more too tell you... You know where I live, you had a check with my address on it... If you want, Drive up here...and I will Show you the Bank statement..... as far as you not receiving it... it was sent to the address you PM'ed me with...
Old 05/26/2005, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Show me the paypal receipt. If paypal took your money out of your account, they sent it to someone, but it wasn't me. You should have a record of it in your paypal history. Everything is kept in there. Copy and paste the information, scan in a printout or something.

If paypal sent your money into a black hole, you should file a claim about it. But it isn't in my account. Let's see the receipt. It will show what email address you sent it to, the dates, and the amounts.

I didn't write down your address off your check. Why would I do that? I trusted you at your word, especially since you told me you'd pay me in front of mutual friends.

I have PMed a moderator about locking this thread. I'm tired of being accused here when you're the one in the wrong.
Old 05/26/2005, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

If you say so Amber........
Old 05/26/2005, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

Find the Paypal receipt/history yet?
Old 05/26/2005, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

Old 05/26/2005, 08:50 PM
Premium Member

This is mildly humorous. Since you guys are in the same local club, why don't you guys resolve this at one anothers house or a meeting?

Where's your will to be weird?
Old 05/26/2005, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

That's what I thought. Thanks! Have a nice night.
Old 05/26/2005, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tsquad
This is mildly humorous. Since you guys are in the same local club, why don't you guys resolve this at one anothers house or a meeting?
Cause I'm out of the hobby now, and I have NO desire to go to a meeting with this guy and have him make a scene. It's simply not worth it.
Old 05/26/2005, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

I offered to have her come over... Honestly...I THINK SHE HAS THE HOTTS FOR ME!! But she knows I Have a woman.. I think thats why she's mad ... Besides she lives at home with mommy and Daddy still!!!
Old 05/26/2005, 08:54 PM
Premium Member

Oh my.

Where's your will to be weird?
Old 05/26/2005, 08:55 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

CB - I suggest that you give your next few posts more thought. While you're doing so, you may want to give the [ua] a re-read.

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 05/26/2005, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

I am well aware of the USer Agreement...And I have Done Nothing wrong.. If you feel that I have .. Please Highlight and repost those areas of which I am Not following !