Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/19/2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Question Will this work?

I was thinking about putting my sump/fuge in the laundry room. The only thing that I am worried about is that the tanks would be close to my hot water heater, which is ran by natural gas. Would there be any problem with this. I would probably build something around it to protect it.
Old 12/19/2007, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

No that should be ok, unless your water heater puts out a lot of heat (in the area around it).

I would build something around the sump though, You know just so nothing would get knocked into it, being a laundry room and all.
(dust from soap powder and what-not.)

Lucky
Old 12/19/2007, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Thats what I thought, I build a stand with a skin on it to cover the sump, plus I'll be able to put my RO/DI in there. I should probably put a tank in there with some water and check to see what the water temps get up to.
Old 12/19/2007, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

I have my ro/di in my utility room just so its out of site.
One of our kid's moved out over the sumer. (for college)
So I have thought of turning her closet in to a tank room but too much work for me (sucks to get old...lol). So I have thought of just puting the sump in there instead. This will give me extra room under the tank, and maybe keep her from moving back when she gets her degree. lol

Lucky
Old 12/19/2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Thats funny, I have a ways to go before that happens. Our first won't be here until June.