Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/26/2007, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

OT: Top Chef next season

Well its still a few weeks off but just wanted to say that I am going to go to Hollywood in Aug to go to a casting call for the next season of Top Chef. So even though I dont know everyone really well yet, wish me luck.

Anyone watching this season? My money is on Tre for this season.
Old 07/26/2007, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Love the show! Get and FRAG shirt and wear it won't ya? ;-)

BTW good luck, my bet is Howie!

Now that we have a hockey season I can sit near the tank with a beer and watch hockey! Yeah!
Old 07/26/2007, 06:14 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Sweet, awesome - good luck! Tre is really good - I think I just caught up last night, was the Telemundo thing the last one? Where Hung almost cut that girls nose off? I think the chefs this season are better than the last two.

I actually like most of the ones that are left. They're all interesting people who love what they do.

For the record, I watch hardly any TV. I have about 6 shows on Tivo - but I love this one. And of course "Opening Soon" - seen every one at least twice.

edit - man Howie sweats in all his food. The challenge with the Latin food really proved an age old saying, "Never trust a skinny chef". The combined weight of the top two weighed more than the bottom four!

Closed minds should come with closed mouths.
Old 07/26/2007, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Wow! Good luck! I like the concept, but it's also a little tough... can't taste it. At least with the dance competitions, an amateur eye can make their own opinion based on what they saw. With top chef... we can only imagine what's good and what's bad. Anyway, best of luck to you.!
Old 07/26/2007, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

If Top Chef doesn't work out, Hell's Kitchen is having a casting call in November in Scottsdale
Old 07/26/2007, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

Howie is too hit and miss IMO. He is good but he has a hard time kicking it into gear when he needs to. He's been better about it recently but he still isnt quite there. I do respect him as a chef though, he makes good food.

Yeah the Telemundo episode was this weeks, I kind of thought Joey got robbed since everyone raved about his dish, and Howie has been making pork every other episode since the start lol.

The other one I like but dont think will make it is the seafood guy, Brian.

And yeah I have been planning on trying for Hell's Kitchen as well. And either way I will work the FRAG tshirt into the show as long as they dont blur it out lol.
Old 07/26/2007, 08:30 PM
Registered Member

I just like Howie's attitude. Joey's too, when it isn't up to snuff, they admit it. When its good, they know it. Howie definately lacks time management skills but his talent is there.

David, when do you open? I need some great Thai! Just ate at Thai Thai the other day and before that it was at Mike Thai. Both were very good by me. As was Bangerong Thai.

Now that we have a hockey season I can sit near the tank with a beer and watch hockey! Yeah!
Old 07/27/2007, 08:56 AM
Premium Member

Best of luck to ya.

Don't have much tme for TV, but wish you luck anyhow.
Old 07/27/2007, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, thats a good show. Itd be cool to see a local (and a reefer) end up on it. Good Luck!

-JP
Old 07/27/2007, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Not the same show but I just found out today that I one of my recipe submissions is being taken under consideration to make me one of 54 finalists for the Food Network show Ultimate Recipe Showdown... so I guess wish me luck on both front!
Old 07/27/2007, 04:07 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Watch out ... you know its a setup for Bobby Flay to challenge you to a "Throwdown".

Hockey - its coming!!! Just trying to figure out how "Thai" and how "Contemporary Asian" to make it ... maybe 50/50. I'm hungry!

Old 07/27/2007, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

LOL Ol'Bobbo doesnt scare me. I would throw down against him any day. His only advantage is his two personal sous chefs and the backing of the Food Network. Skill to skill though I could take him any day. Not that, I'm sure, his food doesn't taste good, I just have ultimate confidence in my own ability.

Now if Morimoto started throwing down... I would be a little intimidated by that.
Old 07/27/2007, 06:35 PM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Even though I don't like SW cooking so much, I do like Bobby Flay. But I put him third behind Morimoto first and Batali second. I feel sorry for Cat Cora, she never gets game. I am sooooo hungry. My mother is going to cook tonight, she got a new cookbook so its either going to be great, or we will going out for sushi.

Old 07/27/2007, 07:39 PM
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Good luck man!
Old 07/27/2007, 09:32 PM
Zoa's ROCK!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalobunch
If Top Chef doesn't work out, Hell's Kitchen is having a casting call in November in Scottsdale
LOL I love that show!!! Anyways Good Luck!!
Old 08/01/2007, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to those who are annoyed by OT stuff, but I had a new update that I thought I'd share with those that care.

I just got off the phone with the associate producer for the Food Network for my phone interview. So I should know within about a week whether I will be at the taping or not. Wish me luck, I am really excited!
Old 08/01/2007, 06:13 PM
party like it's 1499

right on!
Old 08/01/2007, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

After you make it, you should practice... anyone for a catered FRAG meeting? JK! Seriously, good luck.
Old 08/01/2007, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

actually thats not a bad idea, I am going to need to be able to make it in my sleep, so if anyone is interested I would also like to make it in several different ovens so I am not too reliant on making in familiar territory. SunDevil95 I think you just volunteered right lol?

The recipe in question is my Roasted Lemon Thyme Chicken.