Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11/19/2003, 03:16 AM
Registered Member

Wow how did I miss this thread. I absolutly love frogfish. I have a painted named Cow. When I got him he was all black with the white fingernails that Cherie has. I wonder if that is a common coloration. In the past three months, Cow has gone from all black to a yellow greenish color. He looks like the tips of caulerpa. I added some to his tank and I think thats what hes trying to mimic. He stands out a lot against the coraline though. He has also grown some little frilly things and some red and cream patches. His "cheek bones" look like hes wearing blush. I dont have a camera, but ill see if i can bring it up here after thanksgiving. He eats live mollies and ghose shrimp. I have tried frozen, but he rarely takes it. I will try again soon, I just have to find a good frozen food supplier around here.
Here is a picture of him from a while back, when I first got him.