Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/25/2005, 05:49 PM
No Lorenzo in my Benzo

Quote:
Originally posted by bmcelhinn
No, I don't get the point.

20'=the total distance that the EVO RS was behind the EVO VIII,on top end speed.Thats approx. the leingth of 1 car.The EVO RS runs a 13.1 in a 1/4,& the VIII runs a 13.4.Hence the EVO RS is Quicker in the 1/4 mile.Thats all im sayin,I like the STI better anyway.They are both nice cars though.
Old 10/25/2005, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

OK, I don't mind a little hijacking of my thread, but 147 pages about these 2 cars. sheesh.

But if it starts to die, please go back and try to make it 183 pages about these cars.
Old 10/25/2005, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_B
Unome,

I have to agree with you on both points. My niece has her seat so far back it's almost in the lying down position. I have never paid attention to how she sits in it, but I would imagine she must have to use muscles in her back to sit up in order to see out the windshield.

I'm 48 as well and that was always my way of listening to music, super loud. I have a decent stereo in my second bedroom
(Wife wont allow big ugly speakers in living room). I have a Yamaha integrated stereo amp, and a pair of Klipsch floor speakers. I don't have permanent damage like you, but my ears will buzz, after about 30-60 minutes of about 1/4- 1/2 volume. Well my amp goes to 11, so that may have something to do with it.

As I was listening to some Scorps the other day, at very high volume, I think I realized something. I turned it down slightly, and it occurred to me that maybe your ears can only handle so much volume, and it distorts in your ears, not the sound system. I started to hear subtle nuances I couldn't hear at the higher volume.

Not that my stereo can't handle it, and it was distorting. My speakers and amp are rated well above the highest I have ever used it, and beyond. Even at 1/2-3/4 volumes you have to yell at the top of your lungs for anybody else in the room to be heard.

I can't imagine the constant ringing in my ears. Does it make life less bearable with that problem? I can't imagine how that must be.
Your amp goes to 11? You must be a 'Spinal Tap' fan.

Constant ringing is a annoyance, for sure. The only time it really gets to me is late at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. Or if I'm just sitting around and not doing much, I can detect that it's there.
Old 10/25/2005, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Instant Karma
Could it possibly be a different suspension between the two cars as well? Maybe the one car has a different setup stock, and launches better. It's alllll in the 60'
Nope, all identical...some trim difference & spoiler I think is the only difference. The spoiler alone could account for quite a few lbs.
Old 10/25/2005, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_B
OK, I don't mind a little hijacking of my thread, but 147 pages about these 2 cars. sheesh.

But if it starts to die, please go back and try to make it 183 pages about these cars.
Sorry Steve! LOL! What was the original question?

I'm done arguing my point. DWIZM agreed with me on a couple points, I'm happy
Old 10/25/2005, 06:54 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

What was this thread about?

Oh ...stereo.... In one car I had over 500w of stereo power - years ago. I had an Alpine stereo w/an Alpine Amp - powering just 2 rear speakers & the boombox. I think it is an MRX box w/dual 12 or 15" sub woofers. They are still in the basement, over 10 years old. I meant to put them in my SUV, neve rgot around to it. I had a 2nd amp powering the front speakers
I may install the subwoofer in the truck now - not sure

I've always loved the thump of the bass...not as loud as some people play it, but always liked to feel it
One of my 1st set of speakers as a kid was pair of Radio shack Mach 1's w/15" woofers - I still have them too!!
They are close to 30 years old & can still shake the house

I remember my old man yellin at me to turn that crepe' off

Bet he didn't know how much his electric bill went up because of my stereo....no Computers back then...just stone tablets
Old 10/25/2005, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

After some thought I have decided to retract my previous statement.
Please continue with your discussion, I like to encourage discussion, even if it has nothing to do with the original premise. This thread will die if not for your discussion, and I regret saying what I said about the original reason for this thread. Go ahead and discuss whatever you want comparing these cars.
No harm, no problem.
I like it when people become passionate, or just enjoy making comparisons from one car to another. After all this is a car discussion.
Rock on
Old 10/25/2005, 07:21 PM
No Lorenzo in my Benzo

I have 800w RMS to 2 12" Kicker L7 subs in my Expedition,you cant turn it up,& stay in the truck,it vibrates your body so much it makes you sick.
Old 10/25/2005, 09:11 PM
m0delgator

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliaddik
Nope, all identical...some trim difference & spoiler I think is the only difference. The spoiler alone could account for quite a few lbs.
Trim, power options, and spoiler. It's amazing that they ditched all that and only saved 44 pounds.
Old 10/25/2005, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Oh and yeah, the only thing I dislike more than a fartcan is a loud HARLEY

"Ambition is like a frog sitting on a Venus Flytrap. The flytrap can bite and bite, but it won't bother the frog because it only has little tiny plant teeth. But some other stuff could happen and it could be like ambition."
~Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey
Old 10/25/2005, 09:31 PM
m0delgator

Quote:
Originally posted by Instant Karma
Oh and yeah, the only thing I dislike more than a fartcan is a loud HARLEY
Loud cruisers don't bother me. Except when they go blarting off down the highway TWO MILES from my house and it's still loud enough to be annoying!

I live right at the bottom of a curvy, steep hill. It's often really cool to hear different drivers go up and down (as long as it's not late at night or anything) - gives a good perspective of exhaust notes through a wide range of revs. I gotta say, one of my favorites is a guy that lives across town, and owns some new-ish Ducatti (a 998 or one of the other big sportbikes.) I don't think there's anything on earth that compares to the wail of that little Italian motor.
Old 10/25/2005, 09:46 PM
Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht
After all, we all know that the STi is the best anyways!
Amen brother
Old 10/25/2005, 09:53 PM
Monkey

holy delayed duplicate post batman!
Old 10/25/2005, 09:56 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

Loud pipes save lives
Old 10/25/2005, 10:08 PM
No Lorenzo in my Benzo

Quote:
Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht
Loud cruisers don't bother me. Except when they go blarting off down the highway TWO MILES from my house and it's still loud enough to be annoying!

I live right at the bottom of a curvy, steep hill. It's often really cool to hear different drivers go up and down (as long as it's not late at night or anything) - gives a good perspective of exhaust notes through a wide range of revs. I gotta say, one of my favorites is a guy that lives across town, and owns some new-ish Ducatti (a 998 or one of the other big sportbikes.) I don't think there's anything on earth that compares to the wail of that little Italian motor.

Those Ducatti 998`s do sound sweet when their in it.
Old 10/26/2005, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

We have an optional factory Infinity system in our Chrysler sedan. It has 12 speakers, 3 of which I have blown and had to be replaced due to my excessive listening volumes. I just found out recently it has a subwoofer. I had the car running with the sound system on while I opened the trunk, and sure enough boom boom boom. It is indistinguishable while listening in the car, or outside. If I play it loud, it just sounds loud, no excessive thump thump thump. I believe that if the sound system is balanced properly a subwoofer will just fill in the base at the proper level to compliment the rest of the tones. I think the next time I drive the car, I'm going to turn the bass allthe way up and the mid and high levels on the EQ all the way down. Then I'm going to find some Rapp boomer music and see if I can make a thumper mobile, just like the kids have
Old 10/26/2005, 08:18 AM
Moved On

pipes

Forget that 4 wheel stuff...here are pipes to make you drool....both of these are mine...dual and quad underseat pipes. Either one will drop all of your cages(mc talk for cars)....faster and sweater sounding than you can imagine. The quad sounds like a Porsche Roadster.....heading to the redline. These pipes have a deap throaty sound......not like a chain saw
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10/26/2005, 01:55 PM
cubed

Hey look - another use for duct tape.
Old 10/26/2005, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia
Hey look - another use for duct tape.

Hadn't even noticed that... Have to start calling you "eagle eye"...

TheBimbo...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...