Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Alabama Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/15/2007, 10:15 PM
Premium Member

Salty Doggy Closed?

When I got back home (Florence) for last weekend I noticed they were closed on a Thursday during normal hours but everything was still there. This week they were closed and all the tanks and everything pet related was gone. All that was left were the tank racks. Anyone know what happened?
Old 12/16/2007, 02:02 AM
Registered Member

I wondered about that as well. I noticed that they were closed all of last week, or at least on the days that I drove by.
I went by yesterday and looked from the road and the front part of the store looked pretty empty, but I didn't get close enough to know if the tanks were down. I guess this answers my question.

Seems like a lot of work went into getting it set up, but it wasn't open very long.
Maybe there's other plans. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 12/16/2007, 02:58 AM
Registered Member

There was an entire store for sale on ebay a few weeks ago in north alabama. seems like the name was salty dog
Old 12/17/2007, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Yeah I talked to the owner last week, someone from San Diego
Bought the whole thing on ebay. He just wasnt very dedicated to the store. I think he is in real estate now.