Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences

Old 01/09/2008, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

reefscavengers.com?

Anyone ever order from reefscavengers.com? I found these guys on ebay and they have good feedback. Anyways I hope theyre good cause I just ordered a bunch of stuff as follows :
1 black basket star
1 purple serpent star
1 purple lobster
1 upside down jelly
1 christmas tree worm
1 crocea clam
4 10-15 zoa frags
total $170 shipped
Old 01/11/2008, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

I ordered a couple things from them about 3 weeks ago.

Everything was packed really well unfortunately the conch I ordered, his bag must've sprung a leak, so he arrived dry and the container was wet...

Conch was fine, everything else was fine too.

I also got 2 orange turbos, and both died, 1 about 4 days later, and the other about a week and a half later, not sure why as everything else was fine, they must be hard to keep or something. I don't think they died due to RS, falling is the only thing I noticed, so not sure if they were dying prior to falling, or the laying on their back killed'em.
Old 01/11/2008, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

I had a similar experience with reefscavengers and orange turbos, 2 out of 6 didn't make it. Maybe they don't ship well
Overall I was quite happy
Old 01/11/2008, 07:14 PM
RC Sponsor

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11574349#post11574349 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Troy the Nomad
I had a similar experience with reefscavengers and orange turbos, 2 out of 6 didn't make it. Maybe they don't ship well
Overall I was quite happy
Orange turbos are very delicate...I have collected thousands over the years....when bagged together they release a toxin, which kills everything in the bag.....plus they come from an inter tidal area...and if not collected/transported/held correctly they will puke....on the other hand I use them in the shop as they eat algae like crazy...much better than astrea......but they have a short life span in captivity..

Richard TBS
Old 01/11/2008, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

i have had great dealings with reefscavengers.com

great shipping, livestock, and support
Old 01/12/2008, 01:13 AM
Registered Member

I have ordered from them a few times and was very happy. I love the $7 shipping in FL.