Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/18/2007, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

hang in their pal, only life lessons can come out of this
Old 12/18/2007, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

If I win the lotto... My thread's gonna be way bigger than 3000 gallons.
Old 12/18/2007, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

If I win the lotto. I'm going to build a round 360 degree tank. No, not a round tank......a donut shaped tank with a room in the middle and a spiral staircase going up!
Old 12/18/2007, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

just point in the right direction and row you will make if you don't quit it might be hard it might even suck but you will love the results if you do it
remember You first Family second and thats it untill you can say I made it
you first is because if you are no good then the rest of the family suffers more
I lived in a garage for 3 months a real garage with cars on the other side of the curtin but after time I got a job and then another then another now I am very well off and will never be there again because of experience you will learn lots from this about your spouse and your self too and what friends you make now are real friends
goood luck
AND ROW
Old 12/19/2007, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

I see that you live in Chesapeake. I live near the James River bridge in Isle of wight. Things may be bad now but reading the boards and learning about reef tanks is FREE.
Old 12/19/2007, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Most important when you're going through a tough time is to make some friends who will be a good influence on you. Find a good church and get some encouragement. Pushing for God in the tough times can make them turn your life for the better instead of worse.

When I was about your age (not really that long ago, just 6 years) I had a hard time with my health and I did the worst thing possible: I blamed God. Big mistake and caused me a lot of grief in the end.
Old 12/19/2007, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

relax...cut the guy some slack...wgas if he posts in here? does it really matter to anyone? i love these guys who go around and worry about which topic you post in.

i read someones quote on here once that was pretty cool.....salt water cures everything, whether its tears, sweat...or the ocean. keep your head up, things have a funny way of working themselves out.
Old 12/19/2007, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

I wasn't trying to be hard on him. It was meant to be encouragement.

IME going to church and pursuing the Lord is not work...the relationship with God is rewarding and helpful.

What IS work is religion, a set of rules, and the guilt that is associated with people's inability to live up to their own expectations. Religion itself is exhausting and something I don't really have any interest in.

Two totally different things.

I don't normally bring anything like this up on public boards because those who disagree usually do so strongly and its not worth my energy to argue.

I don't know what got into me.
Old 12/19/2007, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

)

I wasnt talking to you! And, I happen to agree with what you said!
Old 12/19/2007, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

that was supposed to be a smiley face!
Old 12/19/2007, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

Oh, well I was expecting to get attacked. IME that is what happens when you bring up God online.

Glad to see somebody smiling.

Old 12/20/2007, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

thanks guys for all the encouragement. Things are looking up! I'm cool at work and the car totaled so i'm getting a new car(always fun) and the tank may be able to start agin next month( I hope)

Even in failure, your only a failure when you quite trying.
Old 12/20/2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
But life goes on Just pray for me if you will
hey man I will pray for you. Life is harsh and I always tell myself that as long as I live, I will face challenges everyday.. but you know what? You are still very lucky that you walked away ALIVE.

Once in our life, we will face a tremendous challenge. Interesting because I was YOUR AGE when I experienced the most pressure I've ever experienced. I got laid off twice after 9/11.. at 22 yrs old with a family to feed it felt like end of the world. I've never felt so helpless in my entire life. One day I told myself.. you know what.. if I don't control fate, it will control ME. Well, slowly I rebuilt from the ground up.. had a decent job and mastered it. I also had a side job repairing computers... next thing I know, I got promoted.. then a raise.. and another one.. one thing led to another.. next thing I know I was able to buy my own house at 25! Now I'm 28 and living my dreams. I love it!!!

I think the lesson I learned is that... whatever happens, DO NOT roll over and die. Never quit. I can't emphasize that enough.. You have a bright future ahead of you.

And, if you ever need some frags, etc. to rebuild, I am more than happy to help. Book it.

Good luck
Old 12/20/2007, 03:19 PM
25 Characters is Not Enou

Another appropriate positive thought is
" If you're going through hell,, keep going."

On a side note, people will always judge you on how
you speak and write.
Take some time and work on your spelling. It will
increase your potential income and decrease the
likelihood of loosing jobs in the future.
Old 12/20/2007, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

been there....done that......havent realy left there either :P..... it sucks.....i know

once you hit bottom,.....the only direction you can go is up!
Old 12/20/2007, 08:28 PM
I <3 Fish.

It will get better, trust us. My life took a turn for the worse a couple months ago and I thought I would never see the end of my bad luck. But what do you know, in the last month or so everything seems to be getting much better. Keep your head up
Old 12/20/2007, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

if you were closer, I'd let you HAVE my extra car that needs a little work... we can't even give the stupid thing away (well, we were asking for 300...)

when it rains it pours, but you know, sometimes you just have to smile. We have all been there.. well, maybe not ALL of us, but most of us have. When I was a single mom, living alone, bawling on my bed cause I was moving and had noone to help me cause my boyfriend was a crack head and passed out, that was pretty much rock bottom for me... My best friend at the time was also a crack head and left me saying that she couldn't deal with it. No job, dropped out of college.

It got better. A LOT better. Change is good.
Old 12/20/2007, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Prayin for ya......

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him
And He will (L)make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Everything happens for a reason.
Old 12/20/2007, 09:41 PM
Premium Member

Jeremiah 29:11 is my favorite verse. (promise)

NIV-
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

Get this I got a new car that is in better condition and is worth twice my old car. Also at work I will be getting large bonus that I may be able to get me a new computer(Yippee)

Even in failure, your only a failure when you quite trying.
Old 12/21/2007, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

Keep you head up, and this may sound selfish but there is always someone who has it worse than you.

Hang in there.
Old 12/21/2007, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Keep your head up, and in all things seek the Lord for He is your shelter from all storms. Will be praying for you.
Old 12/22/2007, 12:53 AM
Registered Member

When you hit rock bottom you can only go up from there. Hang in there.
Old 12/22/2007, 02:24 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Boca Kris
i read someones quote on here once that was pretty cool.....salt water cures everything, whether its tears, sweat...or the ocean. keep your head up, things have a funny way of working themselves out.
That would be my sig It's a great quote, isn't it?

Sometimes life can get really hard, with several lousy things happening back to back, and you feel like you're never going to recover. You can, but it's tough. It's cheesy, but when I'm down and out I sometimes have to remind myself that I have a husband who loves me, four limbs, a healthy body and mind, lots of years ahead of me, less debt than some people, a decent 3-bedroom apartment, beautiful pets, etc. etc. etc. - For me, making a list of what's good in my life helps take the focus off the bad stuff.

You're definitely not alone. Just tonight my hubby and I arrived home with all our Christmas groceries and discovered that our fridge had broken. I know it's not a totaled car, but it was a pretty big deal to us. All our frozen food was spoiled - neither of us had opened the freezer for about 36 hours, and I guess that's about how long ago the freezer stopped keeping things cold. It was pretty nasty, and we lost about $200 worth of meat. Luckily most of the stuff in the fridge was salvageable (seems it had only stopped working a few hours before), but boy were we upset. We kept our cool, spoke with the building super and insisted they get us another fridge ASAP. Someone must have been smiling on us - rather than a new used fridge, we ended up with one so brand new it still had plastic on all the drawers. Sometimes crappy situations come out better than expected - this is something else I tell myself when I'm depressed.

If you've just moved and haven't had a chance to make many friends yet, stay on RC and chat - we're all good folks here, and any time of day or night that you log on there will be someone here to listen to you. Hang in there
Old 12/22/2007, 02:33 AM
Registered Member

Church is a great place to meet good friends as well.