Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/22/2007, 07:02 AM
SPS Kibitzer

Quote:
Originally posted by kev apsley

Play Me
PLAY ME PLEASE
Old 09/22/2007, 08:31 AM
living life 2 the fullest

OSU got killed, nothing would have changed that.

FLA made the heisman winner look like a piece of trash that they just took to the DUMPSTER.

Talk about momentum buddy, OSU scored on the opening kickoff, what more could you ask for? But the opening was the only good thing OSU did the whole game.

Whats OSU's record against SEC teams in bowl games by the way?

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 09/22/2007, 10:29 AM
Moved Onward

Quote:
Originally posted by Cubman777
We must have seen different games. Ohio State had 82 total yards. 82!!!! do you know how weak and pathetic that is??? They didnt drive the length of the football field one time. UF called off the dogs in the second half. THat score could have been 60-14 or worse if they wanted to run the score up.

And since you want to talk about differences (UF- Neb)...
you cant even compare the 1984 NBA finals to last years NC game. You are talking apples and oranges for a few reasons:

1. Basketball is much different than football. Basketball is played with only 5 players on the floor. Usually, teams rely on 2-3 players for most of their scoring. I am a huge Laker fan and have seen many games where Kobe, or back in the day Kobe and Shaq would not shoot well for a game or two. You know that you have seen it, Kobe goes 3-19 from the floor. If that happens, your team will not win. Football is different because it requires a concerted effort from about 35 men. When there is domination in a football game, many positions are dominant/dominated. Do you understand the difference?

2. Lakers/Celts are professionals. UF/OSU are not. THere is a different psyche involved with professionals. These men are all champions. That is why the Devil Rays occasionally take a series from the Yankees. They all know that they can win. However, the mindset is much different in amateur sports. Once a team has been dominated like what happened to OSU, it is difficult to get back out there and turn things around.

Besides, you only said that you seriously doubt that it would happen. So you must believe that it could happen. When I someone says that they could have played 10 times and lost all ten times, it is not really an expression of truthful belief, it is more of a statement used to express how much of an arse-whoopin one of the teams just recieved. Get my drift homeboy?

God, to call my statement Ruglike that is really hitting below the belt.
Do you realize how stupid you sound to say FLA beats OSU ten outta ten times!!! That comment is even worse than anything rug has said to date!

Try reading this slowly so you can catch my drift, homeboy!

SC blew out Ark last year and ARK had a very good season! Just cause they had an offnight, doesn't mean it will be the same everytime they were to play SC. ARK didn't get blown out by anybody else for the rest of the season and that's playing in the mighty SEC. FLA didn't even blow them out! By just going by that game alone, can I actually say SC beats ARK ten straight times??? Hell no!!! Anything can happen in a game. SC could turn the ball over more the next time they play or a damn block field goal could change the momentum of the game.

Having Chris Leak as a QB, I'm sure OSU could adjust and make him play like he has in the past, HORRIBLE!!!!

Please read this again in case you didn't get it the first time!

"The Conference of Champions"

359 NCAA titles and counting!

2nd Best, The Big 10 with a distant 212 titles

PAC 10 FOOTBALL is 9-6 against the SEC since the turn of the century!

Last edited by Old Yeller Tang; 09/22/2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09/22/2007, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang
Do you realize how stupid you sound to say FLA beats OSU ten outta ten times!!! That comment is even worse than anything rug has said to date!

Try reading this slowly so you can catch my drift, homeboy!

SC blew out Ark last year and ARK had a very good season! Just cause they had an offnight, doesn't mean it will be the same everytime they were to play SC. ARK didn't get blown out by anybody else for the rest of the season and that's playing in the mighty SEC. FLA didn't even blow them out! By just going by that game alone, can I actually say SC beats ARK ten straight times??? Hell no!!! Anything can happen in a game. SC could turn the ball over more the next time they play or a damn block field goal could change the momentum of the game.

Having Chris Leak as a QB, I'm sure OSU could adjust and make him play like he has in the past, HORRIBLE!!!!

Please read this again in case you didn't get it the first time!
You are such a 'tard.
I cant even believe that you are insinuating that I need to read slowly.
Can you answer one simple question for me?
What teams have we been talking about?

No one ever said that USC would beat Ark 10 times in a row. You miss the obvious logical connection that Arkansas was still getting in the swing of the season when USC beat them. Would USC have beaten them again? Yes. Arkansas was overrated. I know that the Ark- UF game wasnt a blowout, but anyone who actually watched that game could tell you that UF was never in danger of losing. Maybe Ark didnt get blown out by anyone the rest of the season, but they did lose 4 games. The Ark- USC game has almost no probative value in the instant argument.

Besides, if YOU would actually take the time to carefully read posts before you insult people, you would realize that when I wrote that "they would win 10 straight times," I was making a statement as to how bad of a whoopin OSU took, more than anything. It is a common expression. Did it not migrate west along with manifest destiny?

And one last point before I leave in you with the realization that you couldnt argue your way out of a paper bag:
Chris Leak, who started as a TRUE FRESHMAN, never had a game as bad as the one that Troy "Heisman" Smith had in the NC game.

I tell you what, if you want, I will face west the next time I fart and maybe some of my intelligence will waft your way.
Old 09/22/2007, 11:38 AM
Moved Onward

Quote:
Besides, if YOU would actually take the time to carefully read posts before you insult people, you would realize that when I wrote that "they would win 10 straight times," I was making a statement as to how bad of a whoopin OSU took, more than anything. It is a common expression. Did it not migrate west along with manifest destiny?
Quit trying to cop out of your lame statement! Everytime you say something lame, you try to use your lawyer insticts to twist the truth around!

Quote:
I tell you what, if you want, I will face west the next time I fart and maybe some of my intelligence will waft your way.
Quit trying to act like you know football cause the team let you watch them practice!

Old 09/22/2007, 11:46 AM
Moved Onward

Quote:
You are such a 'tard.
I cant even believe that you are insinuating that I need to read slowly.
Can you answer one simple question for me?
What teams have we been talking about?

And one last point before I leave in you with the realization that you couldnt argue your way out of a paper bag:
Chris Leak, who started as a TRUE FRESHMAN, never had a game as bad as the one that Troy "Heisman" Smith had in the NC game.
And you are such a turd! Troy Smith might have had the worse game but he has had much more better games than Leak!

Old 09/22/2007, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
You're the only one arguing a fake reality. We are just telling you reality.
Where in any of my posts did i state that my conjectures happened? I'm simply stating what i believe could have been when it comes to that game.

and trust me i've rerad that quote to many times..but like i said earlier pride before the fall..this year is revenge Doesn't matter if its my Bucks it could be a Pac 10 team or even Oklahoma for all i care..but its coming..DOWN WITH SEC ARROGANCE
Old 09/22/2007, 12:20 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:

If you aren't bright enough to figure out that facing west while farting will,,,,, Nevermind.

Grim prediction:

Texas beats Oklahoma.
Old 09/22/2007, 01:26 PM
I brake for sps

Grim,

Your are sounding smarter by the minute!
Old 09/22/2007, 03:09 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Well Florida just won a dog fight, put a little scare into me but if you remember me mentioning earlier in this thread I was scared of playing Ole Miss on the road and that was a little scare today, whew I like blow outs much better
Old 09/22/2007, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Blowouts like the Ohio State game thus far
Old 09/22/2007, 03:37 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro
Blowouts like the Ohio State game thus far
that's it, soak it up enjoy your blowout!
Old 09/22/2007, 04:42 PM

Cant wait till kickoff tonight.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 09/22/2007, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
If you aren't bright enough to figure out that facing west while farting will,,,,, Nevermind.

Grim prediction:

Texas beats Oklahoma.

I was just joking obviously, but if you like I can wait for the wind to stop blowing, or I can just mail a box of fresh Florida air.
Old 09/22/2007, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Oklahoma will win.
Old 09/22/2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang
Quit trying to cop out of your lame statement! Everytime you say something lame, you try to use your lawyer insticts to twist the truth around!

Quit trying to act like you know football cause the team let you watch them practice!

Everytime? When have I ever tried to "cop out" of my statements? Read through the thread buddy and you will see that I have been saying the same thing all along. I guess you just could comprehend it without me repeatedly spoon-feeding it to you.

I dont even know what you are getting at with the second statement. If you are trying to imply that I didnt play, then you are offbase. I am probably one of the few people here that actually did played sports of anykind. In HS I played fullback and linebacker for Nease High from '95-'99. I also played baseball (catcher) during those same years and also in college at UCF. I also personally know people who play for FSU, UF, AL, and UAB. I have been watching football my whole life and have a thorough, thorough understanding, not that I need to prove myself to an old yellow fellow.
Old 09/22/2007, 05:52 PM
667 (Evil and then some)

Penn State goes down to Michigan. This is really shaping up to be the year of upsets, I wonder who's next on the block?
Old 09/22/2007, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Muttling
Penn State goes down to Michigan. This is really shaping up to be the year of upsets, I wonder who's next on the block?
I dont know, UF didnt look that good against Ole Miss.
Cuse beat Louisville
Ball State almost beat Nebraska
Arkansas is beating Kentucky (dont really know if that is an upset, but Kentucky is ranked and Arkansas is not)
Old 09/22/2007, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

Go figure...

Michigan isn't as terrible as they've been playing. They've been severely underperforming until now. They were ok against ND, but not spectacular. This is the first time they've done anything like what they should have been doing all along.

Syracuse over Louiseville...crazy man.

Ball state within 1 of Nebraska...just as crazy.

Florida not dominating at Ole Miss, odd, but not as crazy as some might think.

cj

~ Touched by His noodly appendage ~
Old 09/22/2007, 07:32 PM

Florida and LSU were both closer than I thought they would be.

If you watche the Oklahoma game Tulsa was able to move the ball on them pretty good. Aint no way they beat Texas, at least not if they can't control the ball any better than that.

Big Ten Sucks

USC should kill Washington State which means it's nervous time.
Old 09/22/2007, 09:09 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Florida and LSU were both closer than I thought they would be.

It was FLA's first away game playing an oppenent where they are notorious for having close calls with. I am just glad they pulled out with the win. LSU on the otherhand played pretty consistent but SC had to score that last touchdown to make their loss look more respectful. 28-10 sounds much worse than 28-16. South Carolina is a pretty decent anyways, probably better than Oregon.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 09/22/2007, 09:54 PM
Moved On

LSU is going to beat UF.

but I still think USC is the team to beat.

Ohio State actually looked like legitimate contends for the Big Ten championship, and what is crazy is that they only have 2 seniors on their 1st and 2nd team offense (not including FB) AND 1st as well as 2nd team defenses...
Old 09/22/2007, 10:19 PM
Here comes the Gators

Uf beats LSU at least once this year.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 09/22/2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
It was FLA's first away game playing an oppenent where they are notorious for having close calls with. I am just glad they pulled out with the win. LSU on the otherhand played pretty consistent but SC had to score that last touchdown to make their loss look more respectful. 28-10 sounds much worse than 28-16. South Carolina is a pretty decent anyways, probably better than Oregon.
Oh Blah Blah Blah. When was the last time the teams played
Old 09/22/2007, 10:22 PM

WOOF WQOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOFO OWOFOOWE WODOWFDOWDW DWODWMD D

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.