Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/20/2007, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Call it a choke or call it an offnight

Noah was so great cause he gets every call for him...i seem to remember this play quite vividly 2 years ago : Noah OWNED
Trust me in the NBA he is going nowhere

Humphrey can hit the three ball but if you watch the game we initially stop you on D and then the ball always seems to get to him; again our fault for not getting the board but it just ****es me off when greg gets a monster block and Humphrey ends up with the ball.

Imagine if Conley and Oden (who im assuming would be called healthy) had stayed another year.

As far as relying on a player look last year; you relied on Tim Tebow every 4 and short you take him out you dont make the NC

and as far as the SEc being so superior..atleast our coach didnt have to campaign to get his team into the championship game we earn our spot
Old 09/20/2007, 09:27 PM
But what do I know?

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro

and as far as the SEc being so superior..atleast our coach didnt have to campaign to get his team into the championship game we earn our spot
Obviously you didn't belong there, so how can you say you earned it? It should have been USC playing Florida.

"By the way Brian, nice colon." ~ Orchids
Old 09/20/2007, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

my B on the double post
Old 09/20/2007, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jgoodrich71
Obviously you didn't belong there, so how can you say you earned it? It should have been USC playing Florida.
Usc lost to Oregon State/UCLA;unranked teams

Ohio State was undisputed #1 if they had not made it into the NC then almost everyone who have called it bs
Old 09/20/2007, 09:34 PM
But what do I know?

Ohio State made their way through a pathetically weak Big 10, a conference that was proven to be that way at the end of the bowl games.

Old 09/20/2007, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

as i recall we actually beat the SEC 2-1 in bowl games last year, Usc would be struggling through a weak Pac 10 last year why should they get the berth instead of us
Old 09/20/2007, 10:50 PM
667 (Evil and then some)

Quote:

So you're saying that OSU was more deserving of the NC game spot than the team that kicked your butts up one side and down the other.

hmmmmm.......Obviously the concept of "may the best team win" doesn't hold value to you.
Old 09/21/2007, 12:32 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
as i recall we actually beat the SEC 2-1 in bowl games last year, Usc would be struggling through a weak Pac 10 last year why should they get the berth instead of us
And if I also recall those were the only two wins you had two. What did the Big 10 go in bowl games again? 2 wins and how man losses?

On the otherhand the SEC went 6-3 in bowl games with two of the teams winning BSC titles. I also recall USC putting Michigan away much easier than OSU did. Makes me thing FLA should have been playing USC, not OSU. OSU was in a uncontested conference and easily ran the table. Can I say the Big 10 is overrated?

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 09/21/2007, 02:12 AM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Good God, Under the current system only a friggin idiot would argue that anyone other than Fla and OS should have been in the game.

Had wisconsin started out the year with a higher rating you very well could have seen a Big ten NC game seeing there only loss was to the number 2 team in the nation at the time fairly early in the season. Just shows the need for a playoff. I think SC, Cal, Florida and LSU would have easily beaten any of the three top Big Ten teams at the end of the year.
Old 09/21/2007, 02:31 AM
Moved Onward

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
OSU was in a uncontested conference and easily ran the table. Can I say the Big 10 is overrated?
And we can say the same thing about Oklahoma this year. Our only hope is that Texas somehow upsets them but they'll need to make bail for their players before the game. The Big 12 is looking more pathetic than the Big 10.

"The Conference of Champions"

359 NCAA titles and counting!

2nd Best, The Big 10 with a distant 212 titles

PAC 10 FOOTBALL is 9-6 against the SEC since the turn of the century!

Last edited by Old Yeller Tang; 09/21/2007 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09/21/2007, 02:40 AM
Moved Onward

Quote:
I will make a bet with anyone though should my Bucks lose to an Sec, Pac 10, or some sh*tty team like Northwestern i will wear an avatar of any college team that first person who calls me on says (NOTE I WILL NOT IN ANY CONDITION WEAR A MICHIGAN AVATAR HOWEVER)
Looks like we'll have to wait till next year for SC to destroy OSU. I know SC will be with a new QB but from what I've been hearing, Mustain has looked really sharp on the practice team and some think he will beat out Sanchez for the job. Qb will probably be the only weak spot next year as the backfield and receivers are gonna be very experienced.
Gotta hand it to you, emerald, at least you're a die-hard OSU fan. We had a bunch last year but seems like you're the only one making noise this year.

Old 09/21/2007, 07:48 AM
SPS Kibitzer

emerald chondro

Just swallow your medicine and stop preaching excuses why OSU coulda, woulda, shoulda won the NC in FB and BB. For Christ Sakes I watched Nebraska demolish the Gators in the 1995 NC, I didn't make excuses for that, it was "REALITY" I watched my Eagles lose 3 NFCC games and one SB and I didn't make excuses. Take it like a man and live another day because what your are spewing sounds like whining to me

Last edited by kev apsley; 09/21/2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09/21/2007, 08:20 AM
But what do I know?

I hereby nominate chondro, as this years rug!

Old 09/21/2007, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kev apsley
emerald chondro

Just swallow your medicine and stop preaching excuses why OSU coulda, woulda, shoulda won the NC in FB and BB. For Christ Sakes I watched Nebraska demolish the Gators in the 1995 NC, I didn't make excuses for that, it was "REALITY" I watched my Eagles lose 3 NFCC games and one SB and I didn't make excuses. Take it like a man and live another day because what your are spewing sounds like whining to me
yeah, that 95 game was a serious butt whoopin. hard to watch. But if you look at the stats, it was very comparable to last years game. I was rooting for UF in the 95 NC and there was no ifs ands or buts about it, they just got dominated. Tommy Frazier looked like he could walk on water.

They could have played that Nebraska team 10 times and I dont think that they would have won. Same thing for last years game. OSU could have played UF 10 times and would not have won once. They maybe could have made it closer, but not beat them.
Old 09/21/2007, 10:11 AM
SPS Kibitzer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cubman777
yeah, that 95 game was a serious butt whoopin. hard to watch. But if you look at the stats, it was very comparable to last years game. I was rooting for UF in the 95 NC and there was no ifs ands or buts about it, they just got dominated. Tommy Frazier looked like he could walk on water.

They could have played that Nebraska team 10 times and I dont think that they would have won. Same thing for last years game. OSU could have played UF 10 times and would not have won once. They maybe could have made it closer, but not beat them.
Tommy Frazier was one of the greatest college football players of all-time! He was an amazing option QB and fit that Nebraska offense like it was a match made in Heaven. Your right Cubman777, that 95 NC was as lopsided as last years game total domination.

as for you pro Ted Ginn people! you can give me your excuses until our Sun burns out in 5 billion years and swallows the earth whole but OSU would have still got whooped up on even if he had played!
Old 09/21/2007, 03:11 PM
Moved Onward

Quote:
Now this is a stretch! The difference between Nebraska's team and last year's FLA is that NEB totally dominated everyone they faced. FLA only dominated in about 3 of their games last year and those were against small programs besides the OSU game.

In the 1984 Basketball Finals, Lakers blew out the Celtics in 2 games that were no contest but still lost the series 4-3. I "SERIOUSLY DOUBT" FLA beats OSU ten outta ten times! That's just a rug-like comment hands down.

Old 09/21/2007, 03:52 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

I agree with the tang here. 7 out of 10 would be a sure bet, 8 out of 10 probably reality.
Old 09/21/2007, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang
Looks like we'll have to wait till next year for SC to destroy OSU.
we'll just have to wait and see about that. although we'll probably be breakin in a new QB too.

Last edited by Mr Sh0tgun; 09/21/2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09/21/2007, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Muttling

Obviously the concept of "may the best team win" doesn't hold value to you.
Not completely because while many games the better team does win but what about the ones that the better team doesn't win

For example two years ago in the Rose bowl; Texas and Usc both had great teams but i bet you nearly anyone in the country would agree that if the teams were to play best out of 3 then Usc would win the series.

55 if i were to give you the statistic in an unbias situation that wone conference beat another 2-1 but the one loss was that conferences #1 team would say the conference that won the 2 games was superior?..Though Osu's resume would have looked even better had we played Wisky that year

anyone im done argueing the Osu Florida game ill agrue the Big 10 bowl games last year but im done typing my opinions on the game because frankly noone cares what i say; I'm not going to change your position and you won't change mine

and you never know yeller Usc might slip up and meet us in a bowl before we ravel to Pasedena
Old 09/21/2007, 05:38 PM
Moved Onward

Quote:
For example two years ago in the Rose bowl; Texas and Usc both had great teams but i bet you nearly anyone in the country would agree that if the teams were to play best out of 3 then Usc would win the series.
There are many cases like this. Couple of years ago, SC blew out Okla worse than FLA beat OSU and I'd have to be on crack to think SC does it 10x over! You have the top 2 teams in the country facing each other and one just happened to have the better night.
I like to point out the time Duke upset a very pro-like UNLV team way back when in college hoops. No doubt in my mind if those two teams played 10 times, UNLV wins 9 but unfortunately they lost that one. Duke fans would be crazy to think they win 10 outta 10 just cause they won that initial game.

Quote:
and you never know yeller Usc might slip up and meet us in a bowl before we ravel to Pasedena
Very true since it will take a valiant effort for SC to make the title game. Rose Bowl should be a cinch, I think. Oregon and CAL is looking extremely good and Arizona St may play a factor in it as well. I'm not to sure OSU gets the nod to Pasadena though!

Old 09/21/2007, 06:24 PM
SPS Kibitzer

Play Me

Last edited by kev apsley; 09/21/2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09/21/2007, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang
Now this is a stretch! The difference between Nebraska's team and last year's FLA is that NEB totally dominated everyone they faced. FLA only dominated in about 3 of their games last year and those were against small programs besides the OSU game.

In the 1984 Basketball Finals, Lakers blew out the Celtics in 2 games that were no contest but still lost the series 4-3. I "SERIOUSLY DOUBT" FLA beats OSU ten outta ten times! That's just a rug-like comment hands down.
We must have seen different games. Ohio State had 82 total yards. 82!!!! do you know how weak and pathetic that is??? They didnt drive the length of the football field one time. UF called off the dogs in the second half. THat score could have been 60-14 or worse if they wanted to run the score up.

Troy Smith was 4-14 for 35 yards!!!

And since you want to talk about differences (UF- Neb)...
you cant even compare the 1984 NBA finals to last years NC game. You are talking apples and oranges for a few reasons:

1. Basketball is much different than football. Basketball is played with only 5 players on the floor. Usually, teams rely on 2-3 players for most of their scoring. I am a huge Laker fan and have seen many games where Kobe, or back in the day Kobe and Shaq would not shoot well for a game or two. You know that you have seen it, Kobe goes 3-19 from the floor. If that happens, your team will not win. Football is different because it requires a concerted effort from about 35 men. When there is domination in a football game, many positions are dominant/dominated. Do you understand the difference?

2. Lakers/Celts are professionals. UF/OSU are not. THere is a different psyche involved with professionals. These men are all champions. That is why the Devil Rays occasionally take a series from the Yankees. They all know that they can win. However, the mindset is much different in amateur sports. Once a team has been dominated like what happened to OSU, it is difficult to get back out there and turn things around.

Besides, you only said that you seriously doubt that it would happen. So you must believe that it could happen. When I someone says that they could have played 10 times and lost all ten times, it is not really an expression of truthful belief, it is more of a statement used to express how much of an arse-whoopin one of the teams just recieved. Get my drift homeboy?

God, to call my statement Ruglike that is really hitting below the belt.
Old 09/21/2007, 09:18 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Watch out now, the rug does make some good comments here and there.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 09/21/2007, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
We must have seen different games. Ohio State had 82 total yards. 82!!!! do you know how weak and pathetic that is??? They didnt drive the length of the football field one time. UF called off the dogs in the second half. THat score could have been 60-14 or worse if they wanted to run the score up.
You could always argue momentum; after Aginn gets injured and theres that drive by Florida theres a massive momentum shift; if Antonio Pittman or Chris Wells break a tackle or two for a big run Ohio State's suddenly got the ignition to get going.

I suppose this arguement could be refuted though by Flroida coming back and scoring after the opening kickoff but you never know in College football
Old 09/22/2007, 12:13 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:

anyone im done argueing the Osu Florida game ill agrue the Big 10 bowl games last year but im done typing my opinions on the game because frankly noone cares what i say; I'm not going to change your position and you won't change mine
You're the only one arguing a fake reality. We are just telling you reality.

I think it is time that you admit your OSU team made themselves look like a complete joke in front of nation television against a team that was thought to be inferior.

Just to make your OSU team look like a joke...

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them. I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them." -- Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss

buuurn!

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!