Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08/27/2007, 07:16 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by sslak
Congrats on yet another split!

Do I hear rumors of nanogurl and a 125+ tank? Is this going to be in addition to the 75g or are you upgrading?

Other than a new home for Ocean...any other ideas swimming in your head about what you're going to put in the new tank?

I'll be the first to request an in-tank mermaid shot when you leak test the new tank
Thanks!

lol... i will do a mermaid shot. I almost did one in my 75 to be funny. Grrr I should have.

Yea, the plan was always to get a 125 or bigger, that's why I got Ocean. We didn't want to move a big huge tank, so we just got the 75 to combine tanks for now until we move. Then we decided to try Ocean now to see if we could keep one alive before we got a huge tank since everyone kept saying PBT's won't last long due to ich and such.

We are debating between a 125, 180 or 240. We just bought a house... so I don't think the 240 is going to happen right now. We were thinking about starting with the 125, then upgrading to the 240 and using the 125 for a sump for the 240 so we wouldn't waste buying the tank. Money is really tight right now so I'm not sure what course we are going to take yet.

As for the tank, the 125 would be setup to maximize swimming space for Ocean and my zebra eel. I think we will probably add a school of Anthias (sp?) and that's it. Our 75 is overcrowded as it is.. so I think we are pretty much maxed out. I wanted another free swimming fish to complement Ocean. Right now, we don't have one and we did that on purpose. No stress for him, he gets all the open water. In the 125 we want to keep it that way, but add a little bit of color.

I also want to get rid of some of the corals I have now and get some other stuff... more zoas and some acans. I was going to put them in my nano but I don't think our flow is high enough for that anymore.