Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/01/2006, 10:24 AM
Hipster dufuss

Quote:
Originally posted by reefer on a budget
i take it that you're a fan of the foxes? haha. ill always have one in my stable. the gt500 is a beast to say the least. from what ive been reading a simple chip/tune will yield a 80hp gain to the wheels. even though they're pretty capable of putting down high numbers from what ive seen, i hear they're limited to around 600rwhp which is not much better than a modded 03/04. i wish i have one but priorities have taken over my hobby life..lol

sue, that is one coral i really regret not having especially after a dumb accident. it was easily one of the better corals in my tank.
Yeah they're nice cars,but nothing beats the look and feel of a 66
[IMG][/IMG]
she's all ready for paint in the spring.

Dosen't atlantis have this coral listed as a blue unknown? Good to see your still posting alex
Dual 250w MH XM 10k's
( \ / )
(O.o)
( >< )
/_|_\
Old 01/26/2007, 05:39 PM
AIM: reefer on a budget

bringing this one back up...i just realized i had another pic of it in my gallery which i havent looked at in years.
someone from the east coast must have this coral.
Old 01/26/2007, 05:45 PM
angelfish nut!

I sent George (geofloors) an e-mail to see if he could offer input...

Okay... now I'm off to my time capsule

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

What is recommended to the novice and what experienced reefers do are two different things.
Old 01/27/2007, 09:20 AM
Premium Member

From what I remember Robbie is the only person I fragged this coral for. I did give a frag to another local guy but he also said it died when he got it home. Shortly after Robbie got the frag from me he fragged his frag and sent half to Alex in a trade for some other corals. Robbies frag died a few days later and about the same time my colony started to RTN. Or it could have been vice versa. I was unable to salvage anything from it. For about 6 months or a year Alex had the only living piece from my original colony. It's absolutely impossible anyone got a frag of this from Robbie except Alex. If Alex fragged it for anyone then their could still be a piece around. This coral was long dead when Robbie broke down his tank. I know for a fact that only 2 people ever got this coral from me. Their frags are both lost to history.

Here's a pic of the coral shortly before it RTNed.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1164179

George