Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) - Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/11/2008, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Want To Buy RBTA

Hello everyone i recently lost my rbta in a move and i im looking for a new one for my clowns that are currently homeless. If anyone has one please let me know by pm or post thank you all
Jorge
Old 01/11/2008, 04:03 PM
FMAS Webmaster

Greetings, Jorge, and welcome (back?) to south Florida.
There are several members who have tank-raised RBTAs that are hardy. I'm sure you'll find one.
Old 01/11/2008, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Thanx pedromatic, im hoping find one soon because they are driving my clam and my brain nuts.
Old 01/11/2008, 05:35 PM
In over my head!

Both of mine are overdue for a split. There are probably 4-5 locals with children of my RBTAs, surely somebody has an extra?

Got RBTAs?
Old 01/11/2008, 05:47 PM
Premium Member

My descendant of Jeff's has split twice already. I'm removing the rock they are on tomorrow to get at least one off for another member. I'm seriously considering removing both simply because they like the top my tank and I'm about to seed it with SPS frags. I don't really need one to decide to start walking over the top of my SPS. My false percs don't host in either of the ones I have now anyway. They are beautiful creatures and I hate to part with both of them especially since they are a $$$ maker. I'm still on the fence on this one but I'll let you know tomorrow if I decided to remove both.

Aren't you afraid of yours harming your coral Jeff?
Old 01/11/2008, 05:59 PM
FMAS Webmaster

My child of Jeff's hasn't split, but it's grown considerably. It hasn't budged since the day I introduced it, maybe because the clown feeds it every day. I'm surprised none of my fish has stumbled into it. The clown in the pic is about 3.5 in

I think it may have gobbled up a beautiful pink soft coral Carlos (invertigator) gave me though (shhhh, I haven't told him yet). Is that possible? The softie broke loose from a piece of rock I glued it to, and it was in the vicinity of the RBTA. Now it's nowhere to be found.

Last edited by pedromatic; 01/11/2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01/11/2008, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Ok ill keep waiting to see who post and has one or if you decide "coralfragger101". also as for of them harming my corals i have never had and issue with them and corals . Mine was in my biocube and was about 6in wide. I would like one since my female clown is a big fan of them. Although the male died in the move i just bought her a little companion and im sure she would appreciate a home
Old 01/11/2008, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

I have 2 for sale in Lake Worth. $50 each.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1289309
Old 01/11/2008, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

i might have one...if i can find it. my anemone split like 3 days ago but i think one half went down into the rockwork. if i find it i will let you know.
keith
Old 01/11/2008, 08:47 PM
Premium Member

Pedro, Let me know if the coral re-surfaces. Work really gets in the way of my personal life. I'll re-post when mine splits again.

Getting up in the morning sucks, but it beats the alternative.
Old 01/11/2008, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

I currently have 1 small clone that still needs to heal some(is currently in fuge/frag tank)& 1 larger clone that is still deep in the rocks.The mother anemone split into 3,so I'll be looking to get rid of 2,as soon as they're healthy.This RBTA was from Washington state originally.I also have one of Jeff's clones (anemone that is),but it just seems quite happy to keep growing.Seeing as you already have clowns,you'll probably need the larger clone.If I can get it from under the ledge in the next day or two,I will let you know-I'm sure it will need a few more days to heal.HTH
Old 01/11/2008, 11:52 PM
What next???

Quote:
Originally posted by invertigator
[B Work really gets in the way of my personal life. [/B]
You still work? Sure.....lol
Old 01/12/2008, 12:54 AM
In over my head!

Quote:
Originally posted by coralfragger101
Aren't you afraid of yours harming your coral Jeff?
Not particularly worried. Mine have hardly moved in the 2 years they've been established. Sometimes after a split one of them will start to move....that's the one I pluck out and find a new home for.

The only issue I've ever had is that a growing RBTA might start to encroach on a nearby sps. Since my colonies are pegged to the rockwork, I simply move them around if need be. I had a pink millie that was getting stung by the RBTA, and lost some tissue at the contact point (along the underside of the coral). I moved to another spot and it is recovering just fine. I also had a piece of red monti cap that grew together with the other RBTA. After a few weeks, it finally lost some tissue at the edge where they were touching. No biggie, I just fragged it back.