Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 01/17/2007, 09:25 AM
Premium Member

frags4u

Sellers for sale thread

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...31#post8873831

Very frustrating seller. I purchased two 2 month old cascade 1000 canisters.

Took, a week or more before item was shipped, when I did receive a package there was just 1 canister and no hoses or anything, I was told the hoses/accessories were included.

I have now been going back and forth asking about the hoses and other canister, I was told it was sent it two boxes and ups gave only 1 tracking number, this has been the story for about a week now, he said he is going to check with ups and send out the hoses, still no results on either.
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Metal Halide 2 x 250 Watt HQI Pendants
Typhoon III
Old 01/17/2007, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Same here. He claims to have sent me a Remora Pro on 1/10 - Even if he sent it as a parcel, it takes no more than 4 days to deliver anywhere in the USA)... and I haven't heard anything back from him. No tracking number and rarely any feedback. I'm going to report him to Paypal and contact my Credit Card company if I don't hear back from him by tonight. He claims to work weird hours, but it reeks of B.S. imho.
Old 01/17/2007, 07:30 PM
Garbologist

I suggest PMing him with the link to this thread.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 01/17/2007, 09:37 PM
Premium Member

talked to him today on the phone, he said he has been iced into the house, big ice storm so was unable to check with ups. He said he has the hoses and stuff boxed up and ready to be shipped.

He said he would get me a new canister to replace the missing one or exchange it for different equipment.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt for a couple of days, if no resolution by monday then I will be reporting to paypal.

off topic here, but I have purchased items 4 times total from members at rc, the 4th deal is still in progress, but out of the other 3 I have been screwed EVERY time. Either not getting what was advertised (dual 175 watt mh setup, which the seller refunded partial money for because the ballast was broken and not a hamilton like promised, some off brand was sent) a power compact fixture and bulbs, never received the bulbs and these canister filters.

Unfortunate so many dishonest people out there.
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Typhoon III
Old 01/17/2007, 09:44 PM
Moved On

I also talked to LG and will refund his money if you check another thread I had to wait 20 days for a item that USPS lost LG you have mail about refund o rwhat you want to do and also with canister call me tomorrow and we can decide to send hoses and new canister or refund some money to make it right also I can take pics of my driveway for anyone to see if you would like
Old 01/17/2007, 09:47 PM
Moved On

Im not out to rip anyone off by no means I just started a coral propagation business so why would I do that. LG you have my cell you can call me also and we can deiced what to do just DO NOT SHIP USPS they los tmy skimmer took 20 days to get here anothe rskimmer I ordered was shipped prirotiy an djust got here today a week later not 3 days Just let me know what you guys would like to do call me tomorrow
Old 01/17/2007, 10:23 PM
Moved On

frags4u will take care of it I purchased a skimmer and got it and it was perfect just as stated. I have had problems before with USPS so no reason to post negative when he said he would refund or make right
Old 01/17/2007, 10:45 PM
Premium Member

as I said I am giving him the benefit of the doubt atm, he has been cooperative up to this point, just slow.

I left this because I feel it was the right thing to do, this was my experience so far. My package was not sent usps, it was sent ups. Was told it was two boxes, only received the one and only got one tracking number.
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Typhoon III
Old 01/17/2007, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

A little coincidental that this one just popped up with 6 posts and a new membership on January 2007?

FragMadness
Registered Member

I do hope he makes it right... I've been in a malicious fraud situation before and have no plans to be put through it again.
Old 01/18/2007, 12:02 AM
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LouPhoenix
A little coincidental that this one just popped up with 6 posts and a new membership on January 2007?

FragMadness
Registered Member

I do hope he makes it right... I've been in a malicious fraud situation before and have no plans to be put through it again.
its funny how people do that and even the mods notice it but dont do anything about it

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1021690

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...27#post9009427

------------------------------------------------
Old 01/18/2007, 12:07 AM
Moved On

Thanks for the email Lou and as I said feel free to call me and I will make it right one way or the other!!
Old 01/18/2007, 04:17 AM
Moved On

Paypal has two methods for initiating aclaim.

If you have that funny feeling, you should notifiy paypal immediately. The first process is simply to notify them and they will ONLY start taking copies of correspondance that is sent between the two parties. They will also MORE importantly, place a hold on the sellers account for the amount of money in volved in the transaction.

Paypal only pays from money they can recover from the account. If the seller withdraws all teh money, and Paypal decided is YOUR favor, if there is no money in the account can not nor will not pay you.

Basically, it switches the burden of proof onto the seller to prove that you got what was listed in the auction.

If you do not recieve the item, then you can escalate that dispute to a claim. After you do this, Paypal will get directly involved and start conducting thier inverstigation and ask teh questions they need to ask./

Again, if you were going to get conned, then the seller has already emptied his account or transferred the money out of hisw paypal account to another acccount

Paypal does not have a minimum balance requirement, so con man will just xfer out his daily balance each day.
Old 01/18/2007, 07:31 AM
10 & Over Club

FragMadness/frags4u,

Do you always talk to yourself as if your two different people?

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)
Old 01/18/2007, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FragMadness
frags4u will take care of it I purchased a skimmer and got it and it was perfect just as stated. I have had problems before with USPS so no reason to post negative when he said he would refund or make right
So you bought this skimmer from Frags4U ..your Ip address is the same...I bet shipping was cheap!
Old 01/18/2007, 08:23 AM
Moved On

When things are set right like I said I would do thing I will excpect a apology this is crazy I shipped alot of stuff before no problems btu the last two things had problems?? And now Im a bad guy all I can say is I will make things right as I stated.
Old 01/18/2007, 08:46 AM
Moved On

Also I got out finally today to check on lost packages Lou and doox I will check on your stuff let me know what both of you would like to do so I can get this mess straighted out!
Old 01/18/2007, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

Frags,

You already know what I want you to do. If I don't have my skimmer by Saturday (and in working order like you said it is)
You will refund me the full amount. Plain and simple.
Old 01/18/2007, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Yea it looks like the IP address are the same, You want ever get an order from me,, frags4u or who ever you are..
Old 01/18/2007, 09:33 PM
Moved On

Thats fine Lou and Doox and I got things figuired out today also. Sorry for all the mess up.
Old 01/18/2007, 09:54 PM
Moved On

LOU CHECK paypal I just refunded funds USPS is so screwed up!! I got home just now and guess what was at my door steps!!! YOUR SKIMMER AND BROKE. They lost skimmer and borke in the mean time. I WILL NEVER EVER USE USPS AGAIN. Your refunded is in paypal AGAIN TO ALL Im sorry for mix ups
Old 01/18/2007, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

I do see your refund pending on Paypal. I will acknowledge resolution and will close the Paypal complaint once the refund shows as completed.

For what is worth i'm sorry about the broken skimmer. Next time you sell something to someone be SURE to get a tracking number... much of this would have been avoided if you had done that in the first place!!!
Old 01/18/2007, 11:07 PM
Moved On

Live and learn never use USPS same thing almost happened to my skimmer from Jim also
Old 02/22/2007, 09:32 AM
Premium Member

frags4u never made things right for me as he states above a number of times, he keeps promising he will, says he sent stuff out, it never shows up.. after months of going back and forth he says he paypal'd me back half of my purchase price, which I never did got, guess that got lost in the mail also just like the other (not exagerating) 4 or 5 times throughout the past months when he said things were sent to me. avoid this guy like the plague.

He keeps saying how he is starting a coral propagation business and why would he screw people over etc, good question.. why are you screwing people over??
120 lbs live rock
2-3" southdown sand bed
mag 9.5 return pump
modded MJ 900 and 1200
Typhoon III
Old 02/22/2007, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lpkirby
Yea it looks like the IP address are the same, You want ever get an order from me,, frags4u or who ever you are..
how can you tell????
Old 02/22/2007, 09:34 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

I right click on the persons screen name and click on properties.

seems to work.

DVRC Vice President