Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes

Old 05/16/2005, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

would love more fish but...

I have a 155 with five fish... fairy wrasse, GSM, yellow tang, pacific blue tang, and one anthias. I have several times tried to add a fish but it never works out. I had a heni for over a month and he was healthy and eating fine and one day puff... gone. I have tried a naso and the same thing. Every time the same story, weeks or even months of happiness and then the party is over. Tank parameters are good and my existing fish hardly hassle the new guy either. Just seems like five is the magic number. What do you think?
Old 05/16/2005, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

I think that you are having bad luck.. Remember that most fish don't make the transfer from wild cought to captivity. Next time you purchase a fish try to get one from someone else who has had it in their tank for a long time or get a captive raised fish.
Old 05/16/2005, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

i used to have the same problem. never could figure it out. just make sure that u take ur time acclimating. i take up to 3hrs sometimes