Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby

Old 10/05/2007, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

hey xenon, I've been following your thread for quite some time now. It's just that I missed out the part that you decided to go fowlr instead of reef. I'm sad to see that, your reef tank was bad a$$. by far one of the cleanest 90g reef tanks I've seen. good luck with your new tank set up in the basement. hopefully you'll think about doing another reef tank. one quick question, I might have missed it but i'll ask anyways, so since your tank is now fowlr, are you still running the sequence with the om?
Old 10/05/2007, 07:40 PM
FOWLR

Quote:
Originally posted by jthao
hey xenon, I've been following your thread for quite some time now. It's just that I missed out the part that you decided to go fowlr instead of reef. I'm sad to see that, your reef tank was bad a$$. by far one of the cleanest 90g reef tanks I've seen. good luck with your new tank set up in the basement. hopefully you'll think about doing another reef tank. one quick question, I might have missed it but i'll ask anyways, so since your tank is now fowlr, are you still running the sequence with the om?
I sold my closed loop setup and I bought a Vortech powerhead.
Old 10/09/2007, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

how are ur powder blue and blue hippo getting together may be getting both in my 90
Old 10/09/2007, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

hi xenon, nice setup. in one of your first posts you showed your aquarium drilled, did you drill it yourself? could you give me some advice or how you did it? was it difficult?

thanks

What goes around, comes around!!!!

Dustin
Old 10/09/2007, 11:38 PM
FOWLR

Quote:
Originally posted by Menez
hi xenon, nice setup. in one of your first posts you showed your aquarium drilled, did you drill it yourself? could you give me some advice or how you did it? was it difficult?

thanks
I did not drill the tank myself. A local reefer came over and did it for me for 40$ per hole.

He brought a huge drill press with diamond coated hole saw drill bit that was 2.5" wide. You can buy them on eBay for pretty cheap. Make sure you keep the glass wet while drilling for lubrication and heat porposes.

There are many threads on this forum about drilling glass. You can even use a dremel!!

Do a search after 2:00am EST (the search feature works around that time)
Old 10/09/2007, 11:40 PM
FOWLR

Quote:
Originally posted by TD13
how are ur powder blue and blue hippo getting together may be getting both in my 90
They are fine now.. the first 2days was rough but now they are cool..

Same thing with the sohal and powder blue. The first 2-3days the powder blue was having a hard time getting dominated but now he is ok wiht being 2nd in command.
Old 10/09/2007, 11:54 PM
Registered Member

Sohal and powder blue in a same tank. wow thats some accomplishment ...watch for Ick on PBT if she get stress ..
like to see new pics of these fishes...