Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/04/2005, 12:27 AM
Moved On

JellyFish

Do you know anything about taking care of JellyFish? I will be moving down to FL and have a 24 nano that i want to do a or two jellyfish in. I dont know a ton about them so i was wondering if you could help me out with anything you know. Like lighting, flow, sand bed, rock , etc. Anything you know i would love to hear.
Thanks
Old 07/04/2005, 02:31 AM
Moved On

That's a lot to list right here... Why not go out and research that? "jellyfish husbandry" should find you a lot. There's some good info out there--one thing for sure is that they can be difficult. If anything, try an upside-down jellyfish. They're photosynthetic, though, so they need good lighting.
Old 07/05/2005, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Check out jellieszone.com...pretty good info...not everything, but pretty good. I doubt you want to turn the nano into a pseudokreisel, though building ones like the Long Beach design is not that difficult. Probably better off with jellies that don't need to remain suspended. I only have experience with Aurelia sp., so I can't help you too much there.
Old 07/05/2005, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Oh yeah...I forgot. Also search for Drum and Croaker on google. They have issues dating back to the 60s. Several jelly articles over the years...mostly Aurelia. Interesting to note how husbandry has progressed.
Old 07/07/2005, 05:35 PM
Moved On

thanks a lot guys. appreciate all the help