Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/27/2005, 01:00 PM

I'll never forget when my wife shacked up with me and realized I had no curtains. I explained that I knew exactly where my nudity zones were and when loaded, they didn't count.
Old 12/27/2005, 02:00 PM
SPS Freak

Just wait till you bend over in the bathtub and a bristleworm pops up your butt! LOL
Old 12/27/2005, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Man I saw those pics and all I could think was "You Might be a Redneck if "

Nice work
Old 12/27/2005, 02:31 PM

Well, maybe if there was a mining pan and a kettle brewing.
Old 12/28/2005, 10:29 AM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
Quote:
Originally posted by jnarowe
I'll never forget when my wife shacked up with me and realized I had no curtains. I explained that I knew exactly where my nudity zones were and when loaded, they didn't count.

Lol unless you are Angelina Jolie the nude zones still count

Quote:
Originally posted by JuanGil75
Man I saw those pics and all I could think was "You Might be a Redneck if "

Nice work

Is that what rednecks do... i would say maybe i have some in me but i am 1st generation...

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 12/28/2005, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Awesome tank setup! Are those solenoid valves that you are using with your auto-topoff system and where did you get those? Did it come with the Aquatronic setup or did you have to find them yourself and are they plastic solenoid valves?
Old 12/28/2005, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

THAT TANK STAND IS BEAUTIFUL MAN. DID YOU DO ALL THE STAINING YOURSELF?
Old 12/28/2005, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gin_Tseng
Awesome tank setup! Are those solenoid valves that you are using with your auto-topoff system and where did you get those? Did it come with the Aquatronic setup or did you have to find them yourself and are they plastic solenoid valves?
The solenoids (red) pics in previous post, are from autotopoff.com. I have 3 of them, 2 for the water change top and bottom levels and a third to top off the tank itself. They are conrolled by the Aquatronica. If you mean these they came with the aquatronica....

Quote:
Originally posted by TEDDYKOLLER
THAT TANK STAND IS BEAUTIFUL MAN. DID YOU DO ALL THE STAINING YOURSELF?
No i didnt make or stain the stand a fellow reefer Sean aka sonofgaladriel made the entire stand and canopy.
Here is his thread...
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=571308

Last edited by Bebo77; 12/28/2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12/28/2005, 11:20 PM

Well the stand will be on its way in the morning... Sean really made a coffin for this thing.... 3 days ship time to make it to me...

Old 12/29/2005, 02:35 AM
Moved On

Hey, just have to toss some props out for bebo77 doing such an awesome job! Man, I love the setup from beginning to end and how much time and dedication that was taken too blue print from the beginning all the way through the whole project.

Bebo77, I don't know your name by your alias but thanks for trusting us for providing the rock for your system and give us a call if we can help further.

I think I see a tank for the next upcomming RC Magazine!

P.S. If you're looking for a second job too support the habbit, we're taking applications right now....LOL

Keep us posted and do me a favor and send some finalized photos if you get a chance.

Peace!
Old 12/29/2005, 10:25 AM
Fiddles With Reef

Bebo, outstanding. Having just done something similar I'm really feeling your financial pain.

I'm jealous that you're moving so quickly on this tough but I guess that's where the experience comes in. Hey, how's that PanWorld 100PX-X? Mine is way too noisy.....

Tell us about your plans for this tank - livestock, sand, BB, anything fancy?

340g In-Wall Envision Tank and 150g Sump (fuge and grow-out).
Old 12/29/2005, 10:37 AM
Premium Member

whew, bathtub curing..you'll need a hazmet team to sanitize that baby and the drain in the end! How does anyone have the patience to document each detail for months like this? It is wonderful, and I'm glad folks do it, it's just (to me) taking away from the DOING, so I never could have patiently written such journals.

I'm esp interested on the curing-sauna, do keep us updated on all those details.
Old 12/29/2005, 11:00 AM
In over my head!

I hate to bring this up at this point, but how comfortable are you that nothing in the bathtub will negatively impact the rock?

I'd be concerned about soap/cleaner residues as well as the materials (metals?) used in the plumbing and pumps for the jets. At a minimum, I'd monitor copper levels in case there are any copper or brass fittings in there. Just keep an eye on it. If you see elevated copper in the water, the rocks can absorb it and leach it back out later. That could cause problems down the road with invertebrates (especially corals).

Other than that, I applaud your creativity! I showed your bathtub pic to my wife, and......let's just say you're making me look good by comparison!

Keep up the good work!
Old 12/29/2005, 11:12 AM
Moved out

wow!!! That is one heck of a tank you have in the works there. I've VERY impressed with the sump and stand!!! You've really put ALOT of planning into this thats for sure.

Almost a shame to put water in it and get that sump all funky!! LOL

Congrats!! (note to fiancee.. See honey I didn't spend near as much as this guy did!!!) Thanks dude you make me look conservative!!! LOL
Old 12/29/2005, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NexDog
Bebo, outstanding. Having just done something similar I'm really feeling your financial pain.

I'm jealous that you're moving so quickly on this tough but I guess that's where the experience comes in. Hey, how's that PanWorld 100PX-X? Mine is way too noisy.....

Tell us about your plans for this tank - livestock, sand, BB, anything fancy?
I havent started it yet.... I left the tank half empty so that i can aquascape a little easier...

I did not want to go BB but i placed one of the Tunze 6200 5 inches from the floor attached to the left side overflow. If i put sand that pump will blow away any sand that is in its path... Ill make a sketch of the flow pattern with the tunze returns, while the flow wont be as creative as yours , i hope it will do the job...

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
whew, bathtub curing..you'll need a hazmet team to sanitize that baby and the drain in the end! How does anyone have the patience to document each detail for months like this? It is wonderful, and I'm glad folks do it, it's just (to me) taking away from the DOING, so I never could have patiently written such journals.

I'm esp interested on the curing-sauna, do keep us updated on all those details.
The curring is going rather fast... i am not using the jets very often now just doing water changes every day. The smell was to much LOL if i were to do it again i would by a cheap kiddie pool and cure it there.

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffbrig
I hate to bring this up at this point, but how comfortable are you that nothing in the bathtub will negatively impact the rock?

I'd be concerned about soap/cleaner residues as well as the materials (metals?) used in the plumbing and pumps for the jets. At a minimum, I'd monitor copper levels in case there are any copper or brass fittings in there. Just keep an eye on it. If you see elevated copper in the water, the rocks can absorb it and leach it back out later. That could cause problems down the road with invertebrates (especially corals).

Other than that, I applaud your creativity! I showed your bathtub pic to my wife, and......let's just say you're making me look good by comparison!

Keep up the good work!
I rinced the tub out a few times before i put the rock in it. I havent used the tub for over a year so i was not too worried about residue.

I didnt think about copper leakage, ill keep my eye on that thanks for the head up....

Thanks for following the progress with me... its been quite a road...

Old 12/29/2005, 01:04 PM

Meanwhile Sean shipped the stand and canopy to me today..

That thing is a beast 9' long 4' wide 6' tall

3 day till its mine....

Old 12/29/2005, 01:11 PM
I need a bigger tank!

Correction: 10' long x 4' wide x 7' tall!!!
Fingers are crossed that it makes it to you in the condition it left. The guys at FedEx that helped me unload this beast gave me a tip. If you want the loading guys to be 'extra careful' when loading and handling the package/crate, label all sides with the word "GLASS", whether there is glass in it or not.
Fragile doesn't get their attention any more but that will. Of course, I didn't bring any paint with me to add "GLASS" to the box
Talk to you soon Gabriel.
Old 12/29/2005, 01:32 PM
Premium Member

I'm super stoked about your system!
Old 12/29/2005, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sonofgaladriel
Correction: 10' long x 4' wide x 7' tall!!!
Fingers are crossed that it makes it to you in the condition it left. The guys at FedEx that helped me unload this beast gave me a tip. If you want the loading guys to be 'extra careful' when loading and handling the package/crate, label all sides with the word "GLASS", whether there is glass in it or not.
Fragile doesn't get their attention any more but that will. Of course, I didn't bring any paint with me to add "GLASS" to the box
Talk to you soon Gabriel.

Its even bigger!!! you created a MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks Sean really, this will be with me for the rest of my life... If you want the best custom built stand and can drive to Kansas to pick it up PM Sean

Old 12/29/2005, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

that is just sick. I have a 300 glass tank coming.
Old 12/29/2005, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

that is just sick. I have a 300 glass tank coming.
Old 12/29/2005, 10:29 PM
TRC Leader

Gabriel, do you have any closeup pictures of the corners of your metal stand? Maybe some closeups of the details.

-Ken

MASLAC member
Old 12/29/2005, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Konadog
Gabriel, do you have any closeup pictures of the corners of your metal stand? Maybe some closeups of the details.

Here you go i hope this is what you were looking for...

Old 12/29/2005, 11:49 PM
TRC Leader

Yes it is, but the size hurts my head

-Ken

MASLAC member
Old 12/30/2005, 12:02 AM

LOL I was playing with the free hosting programs and the picture came up like that... lol i am trying to fix it but i cant.. lol sorry...ill stick with photobucket from now on, LMAO

there is no open tubing anywhere all corners look like that.