Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/10/2008, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

New Addition with debate

So I got a sebae which I am pretty happy about although he isnt opening up like he was at the store but the guy was asking about my tank at my LFS and he was telling me more than one anenome in a tank my size is crazy(29g), also that the anenomes produce alot of waste and are hard to keep in a tank together. Anyway If I read correctly (somewhere) it said that anenomes do-not produce waste or that they dont digest anything to make them produce waste. Well anyway here is the new guy and old....do you think they will be ok "together"
new:
space between them:
Old 01/10/2008, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Anty thng alive has to produce waste of some sort, what kind of anemone is the other one? LTA or BTA?
Do ya have skimmer sump, run tons of carbon and do frequent h20 changes.
In living quarters that sm i think that mixing species you are asking for trouble.
Old 01/10/2008, 08:02 PM
RC Mod

The anemone on the right is a Condylactis species.

You'll find lots of things written out there about anemones. As a rule, they are tough to maintain in captivity.

fwiw: I would not have both in the same tank.
Old 01/11/2008, 12:16 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, two anemones in a 29 gallon, not a good a idea. The condy looks fine, but the H. crispa is partially bleached--as usual. Also, that is one large maroon to be in an anemone that size. They can irritate an anemone if the anemone isn't approximately 3 times in diameter the length of the clown. Any way you could put the condy in a 12 gallon pod or a 15 gallon tank? Of the two anemones you have, the H. crispa is the more delicate. You will want to have low nitrates, preferably undetectable, specific gravity of 1.025 or 1.026, temp of 78 to 82F, do regular water changes, basically very good water conditions.