Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Northern Valley Reefers (NVR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/07/2007, 11:18 AM
Koi Pimp

arghhh.. gotta move in a few months..

Damn I just found out my landloard(who is a broker) can't afford to keep both his houses and is going to sell mine.. SO my lease is up in Decemember I think I have till like february though..So that kinda ****es me off. I'm going to be looking for a place in Sac Since Im starting school there in January anyways it would be better than me making a 120mile roundtrip commute everyday=) Bad part is I have a few motorcycles, cars, tons of tools, so I have to rent a house=)... Unless I can find a townhouse or something with a 2car garage... Im going to keep collecting all my equipment for more than likely a 120-180g tank and then I'll setup when I move in.. Well the only good thing is Im glad I found this out yesterday opposed to a week from now when I planned on buying and setting up the tank... I'm thinking I'll setup a small Nano like a 20g in the mean time that won't be too hard to move..

Dan
Old 11/07/2007, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Good thing you found out before setting up a big tank, that would have been awful.
Now that you are looking for a new place your first question probably will be where am I going to set up my tank?
Well good luck finding a new place.
Old 11/07/2007, 11:36 AM
Koi Pimp

Yeah that and where does the crf450 and 69camaro go=)..the 07 canyon can stay outside=)
Old 11/07/2007, 11:47 AM
Koi Pimp

When I moved back from Chico I had a 90g a 47gbowfront and a 6g nano, 15g nano, and a 20ga nano. I had to move back all at once along with everything else. that was the biggest PITA ever amazingly the only thing that diedout of all my corals and fish was one little camelback shrimp=) he got crushed by a piece of rock.. The nice thing now is I have time to chill and not rush anything..=) Then I can look for good deals=)
Old 11/07/2007, 11:49 AM
Koi Pimp

The one thing that did make the last swap easier though was I had my ro/di setup at the other place already the week before and had 50g of saltwater mixing and another 50 of ro/di on hand if need be..But the main thing was I ditched the 6" DSB's in all my tanks and resetup as barebottom=)
Old 11/08/2007, 02:42 PM
Lamda Lamda Lamda

Good luck Dan. I hate moving. We just got finshed moving everything except my tanks. Im gonna do that this weekend.
Moving BLOWS!
Old 11/08/2007, 08:46 PM
who?

Well that's crud... but I guess it is a good thing you didn't set a tank up and then find out. Don't be a stranger just because you're up in Sacto.

Visit our club: NVReefers dot org
Click my red house to visit my blog
Old 11/08/2007, 11:04 PM
Koi Pimp

I'll still be around school is only 9months there then I'll probably be moving to the San Jose area=) But I shall be around.. Yreah Im really glad I didn't get a tank setup i have enough crap to mmove without worrying about killing any fish or corals//
Old 11/10/2007, 06:08 PM
Registered Member.

Bamm Bamm

You wouldn't happen to have any low mileage 750+cc sportbikes laying around would you? I'v been bikeless since I sold my zx9 in june and I'm in the market for a new one. I looked all summer but people wanted insane money for them. Sometimes more than new?????
Old 11/11/2007, 03:36 PM
Koi Pimp

Nah i don't what my buddy does is he wait till december time whenever the rains are the worst then h buys one from back east the weather is always ****ty out there so guys sell new bikes hella cheap after realzing they can't ride them..Otherwise Craigslist is always my favorite..

I might've broken my right foot yesterday at Hollister actually so I can't even put any weight on it right now without almost falling over I'm going to wait till tommorow then decide if I need to go in for x-rays.. It feels just when i broke my left foot..ARGH<<<