Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club

Old 12/28/2007, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Rotifers and/or Copepods

Does anyone near Arvada culture rotifers or pods?
Please PM me if you have a sample that I could use as a starter. For some reason my resting rotifer eggs from FAF are not hatching.
Thanks
Gale
Old 12/29/2007, 01:17 AM
Reefkeeper-Philologist

I have a culture of copepods that runs on some automation that may have caused a crash due to some recent malfunctions. It started with both rotifers and copepods, but I can't visually identify the rotifers so there's no guarantee. If you're interested I can grab a sample over the weekend and make sure they're still thriving. I work in Louisville so we might arrange a swap there.

Thanks,

Brad

M. Porcius Cato, Rome, 2nd Century BCE
Old 12/29/2007, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

That would be good Brad......I just had my Jeep fixed so I have a vehicle that can make it there now lol.....let me know and thanks
Old 12/31/2007, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Zooid:
Your PM box is full.

I'm local to you. I'll suck some copepods out of my refugium if you want some to get ya started. I can't supply you with hundreds, but I can probably get ya 20-50. No charge. Send me a PM for contact info.
Old 12/31/2007, 11:46 PM
Premium Member

Gale--

I have a Tigger pod culture if you want some.

"And chase the frothy bubbles, / While the world is full of troubles. . . ." --W. B. Yeats
Old 01/01/2008, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

KC thanks......let me know what days you have off....I'm working nights again and it's tough to adjust to the schedules of normal people hehe.
Andy, do you still need some mini brittles or have yours made a comeback yet? Let me know because I could head up there and get some pods and drop off some mini brittles if you needed them.
Thanks guys
Old 01/01/2008, 08:57 PM
Premium Member

I sure could use some mini-brittles. I've had my amphipod population make a comeback, but no sign of any brittles. I'd sure appreciate a few.

"And chase the frothy bubbles, / While the world is full of troubles. . . ." --W. B. Yeats