Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/27/2007, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

Who Makes 6ft T5 Fixture

Where can I get a 6 ft t5 fixture?
Old 09/27/2007, 09:19 PM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

Aquactinics makes a 14 bulb T5 fixture that is 72" long. I own one and it rocks.

------------------------------------------------
If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast
Old 09/27/2007, 09:20 PM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...de=Aquactinics

If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast
Old 09/27/2007, 09:59 PM
Premium Member

that's a second. I saw one in person at macna and it's gorgeous
Old 09/27/2007, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

Engine 7, was thinking of moving from 250w MH/T5 combo to just t5 on my next build and using this exact fixture. How long have you had the fixture on your tank? How deep is your tank? What corals are you keeping? and how do you like/work the dusk to dawn effect?

Brent
Old 09/28/2007, 08:19 AM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

I have it over a 30" deep tank. I have had the fixture going for 3 months. I run the lights with my Reefkeeper 2 which turns the 3 different plugs on/off. I love it. i still dont put clams and acros low though.

Old 09/28/2007, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

so the dust to dawn effect (moonlights) are controlled by turning on and leaving on 1 row for the moonlight effect? Does that work ok IYO? Also, I have a RK2 and love it! Super piece of equipment IMO!

Brent
Old 09/28/2007, 07:41 PM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

If you have the money, go with the Aquactinics Constellation Series. Awesome light fixture. I too seen one in person at MACNA. If I had the money one of those would be over my tank.
Old 09/28/2007, 08:40 PM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

There are no moonlights on the Constellation fixtures. There are only 3 different plugs that operate the bulbs that can be set up to turn the lights on/off gradually.

Old 10/01/2007, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

How do they compare vs. the ati stuff?
150aga,30gal sump,20gallon "miracle mud" fuge, er-cs6-2+ (mods in process) skimmer, panamax 100x return pump, vortech (just one to start) with controller (in early sept.) rowaphos in canister (2little fishies)