Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Richmond Reef Club

Old 12/21/2004, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Talking New addition to the family

As a lot of you already know, I've been trying to find a dog for about 8 months now. After many attempts at locating the perfect rescue boxer in VA and the neighboring states, I was put in contact with NC Boxer Rescue. They were extremely helpful and assured me that they had the perfect dog. So on Friday I drove down to Jamestown, NC to pick up the newest member of my family, Danzig. He was picked up from the pound the day before he was scheduled to be euthanized and has spent the last couple months undergoing heartworm treatment. He has made quite the recovery

Hes such an excellent dog, I just had to share my excitement

Old 12/21/2004, 03:17 PM
Premium Member

Very nice Brandon. But here's the important question: Does he like the fish tank?
Old 12/21/2004, 04:30 PM
Premium Member

We rescued a lab in may, had her treated for heart worms, and then gave her away. She ate a whole bottle of Tums, and a candy dish full of choclate. Im sure she had 9 lives as many times as we had to induce vomiting to keep her from dieing. The last straw was destroying all of the latice work around my deck.But im happy we saved her, and her new family loves her very much. They even sent us a christmas card of her.
Old 12/21/2004, 06:56 PM
SPS Slave

YAY! So glad for you and the boxer, too!
Looks like he's settling right in to his new home. We just lost a member of our family - our newest cat got killed by a speeding car.

We're looking for a new cat now, perhaps Santa will bring one...

Anyhow, not to be a buzz-kill. Good goin' Brandon! We're happy for you!
Old 12/21/2004, 08:11 PM
Premium Member

It would be a wonderful "gift" to go to the spca and save a cat from death row! JMO
Old 12/21/2004, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

That's an awesome dog, Brandon! I'm jealous. I wanna meet the puppy.

-j
Old 12/22/2004, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Nice Brandon... Very nice. I'm glad that you'll be enjoying Christmas with all your loved ones, especially with Danzig.

Peace,
John
Old 12/22/2004, 03:12 PM
River Rat

Man, is that dog at home!!!!
Old 12/23/2004, 12:04 AM
Don't make me use this

Looks like your new friend likes to sit and watch TV...don't let him become too much of a couch potato. Beautiful dog, Brandon. Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your loss--people are so careless when driving through neighborhoods. I joke about the wrecklessness of driving in a sports car, but we should all take a lesson about what happens when you drive carelessly.

Nate