Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/23/2004, 11:53 PM
Premium Member

Question Everquest II on 56K??

I just got a copy of Everquest II, but I'm waiting to open it because I'm on dial-up, and I really want to find someone that is playing this on dial-up.
Anyone here? I really curious how slow it is.
Old 11/24/2004, 10:01 AM
Monkey

You're really on dial-up. I had heard about people like you but I didn't realize you really existed...

Personally I wouldn't play any game on dial-up, especially multiuser games where the broadband people could run circles around you.

Do you just not have availability?
Old 11/24/2004, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

I had to wait 4 months before i could get comcast.... the games are soooooo laggy. I can't imagine playing with out it now.
Old 11/24/2004, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Wow...dial-up, its like watching the flinstones.

Anyway, pings in massive-multiplayer games generally don't matter much. The difference between a ping of 75ms and 275ms means practically nothing. When i played EQ with cable i would often notice my ping shoot up to 300ms on the bar, but i noticed no actual gameplay difference.

I say go for it,