Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/24/2007, 02:34 AM
Got Salt?

Thinking about making a large purchase... An Island in Fiji

Well here's the deal...

I figure I could just dive off my own coast and get stuff for my tanks.. Water changes would be a snap..

The 225 acre island is 1 mile long by 1/3 mile wide with 150 foot elevations, surrounded by a 5,000 acre lagoon which completely encircles the island, offering protection from extreme tides and providing the island with calm tranquil waters ideally suited for water sports.

The crystal clear water has 200-foot visibility and is a comfortable 80 degrees Fahrenheit most of the year.

The island was a safe haven from storms for Polynesian sailors over the centuries; the entrance to the lagoon is 35 feet deep and about 200 feet wide, recently allowing yachts over 200 feet the serene protection of the lagoon. The island still provides a safe and luxurious haven from the storms of everyday life and is the only resort in the largely uninhabited and pristine archipelago, offering privileged visitors an image of Polynesian life as it was hundreds of years ago.

The island has spectacular sugar-white beaches on the east and western sides of the island, with the villa development on the western side to take advantage of the magnificent South Pacific sunsets. The island was an operating coconut plantation in the 19th century leaving the entire island is scattered with swaying coconut palms creating the ultimate tropical ambiance.

The island’s limestone has created numerous caves and tide pools, perfect for exploring.

The island is home to rare coconut crabs, giant clams, leather back turtles, doves, and many other extraordinary birds and marine mammals. A strict conservation program has been instituted to ensure the preservation of all marine and wild life. Guests will marvel at the pristine ecosystem while indulging in all the amenities of a luxurious five star resort and spa.

THE RESORT

The island is home to a world class resort development (80% complete), with an estimated completion of 6 to 9 months.

The main complex, comprising the lobby, lounge, dining pavilion, meeting facilities and full service spa, soars 100 feet above the turquoise lagoon, offering sublime vistas and spectacular sunsets. The lavish private villas are scattered along the crystal clear water’s edge on a magnificent white sand beach. Spa tubs built for two complete each of the 21 guest Bures (Villas), which will feature mosquito-netted four-poster beds and sumptuous furnishings.

The ebay page is all hosed up with the pictures WAY off to the right and the text all messed on the left, up but hey..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Jack of all trades, and master of none.
~Steve~
Old 11/24/2007, 02:42 AM
espyesitis sufferer

Hmmm, let me check how much I have in PayPal
Old 11/24/2007, 02:50 AM
Got Salt?

Yeah, you only need $335,000 as a down payment...

~Steve~
Old 11/24/2007, 02:52 AM
espyesitis sufferer

I have 2 PayPal accounts
Old 11/24/2007, 09:53 AM
Reef Cowboy

Only 250k euros? I know the dollar is down and all... Let's see, at today's exchange rate that's $370k... My business partner was in an arrangement where he owned 1/8 of a cabin in Kyburz. I could finance $46k EASY! C'mon guys, let's do it!
Old 11/24/2007, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

This is probabaly the island made of trash that floats around. They just snap a few nice pictures and count on a SUCKER from EBAY to jump on it.

I guess they found their man in Steve
Old 11/24/2007, 01:04 PM
Got Salt?

Hey Kevin, that's only the down payment listed.
The cost is 40 mil euros, so you do the conversion on that

Yeah it's really stupid that real estate on ebay ONLY puts the down payment where you'd expect to see the PRICE!!
So lame!!!

Paul, if they can make an island out of trash look like that with reefs all around it, I don't care what it's made of!! I'm in!! Sans smell though

~Steve~
Old 11/24/2007, 01:15 PM
Premium Member

How much is the down payment on the boat to get you there?
Old 11/24/2007, 02:20 PM
Got Salt?

I'm planning on taking my plane personally

~Steve~
Old 11/24/2007, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

You found a good deal. I've been drooling over a couple of islands in Fiji and Belize for the last couple of years. (None seeming as developed/priced like the one that you found.) Do a search on the internet and you might be surprised at the options out there. I've wasted large portions of times shopping around.
Old 11/24/2007, 05:47 PM
who?

That 2nd picture is awesome!!

Visit our club: NVReefers dot org
Click my red house to visit my blog
Old 12/04/2007, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, that is pretty incredible
Old 12/05/2007, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

i got 5 on it...
Old 12/05/2007, 01:01 AM