Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Invert and Plant Forums > Tridacnid Clams and other Mollusks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/22/2007, 11:33 PM
Keeper of the clams!!!

Talking I Got A Squammie!!! Yay!!!

Well I finally found my first sqammosa!! I am very excited about it, I have been looking for the right one at the right price.

After a weekend trip across Washington state I found him about an hour away from my house. I had a family reunion in Spokane Wa this weekend and while I was there I checked out the lfs in the area. The two that I found I was totaly bummed by both. The first one looked like a fish and coral grave yard, nothing I would add to my tank. The second stop was at what I thought to be the most awesome looking store that I have seen to date. The major problem was that they were closed and away to the IMAC in salt lake city???

Anyhow the reason I mention this store is because I could peer in through the window and see what I think is the biggest gigas I have ever seen in person 18" to 24", it might be a squamosa, hard to tell. Here is a link to a pic of it. Check it out it looks even bigger in person, he shares a tank with a large squamosa too.

http://www.aquaticdreams.biz/images/450_March2007.jpg

After totally being denied in Spokane we headed for home and almost there decided to check out what I concider one of my lfs at an hour drive from home. I walked in the door and immediatly saw it and had to have it. It is about 6" and has blue and green spots. Paid $78 tax included, did I do alright?

enough talk here is the pic:

http://www.aquaticdreams.biz/images/450_March2007.jpg

let me know what you think,
Chris

That should fix it everything right???
Old 07/22/2007, 11:39 PM
Premium Member

Kevin...the owner of the store in Spokane is a great guy! I was a customer for a few years while i lived in the area....wish more store owners were like him.
Old 07/23/2007, 12:08 AM
Keeper of the clams!!!

[QUOTE]Kevin...the owner of the store in Spokane is a great guy! I was a customer for a few years while i lived in the area....wish more store owners were like him.

Just by looking in the windows I am trying to think of reasons to justify another 400 mile one way trip back there to do some shopping. HMMM maybe take the kids on a trip to yellowstone next summer!!! The wife might go for that one

Old 07/23/2007, 12:44 AM
Keeper of the clams!!!

I got so excited about the clam I cut and pasted the wrong link for my clam, here it is
http://picasaweb.google.com/buttskin...36890599720290

Old 07/23/2007, 09:12 AM
Premium Member

Nice...forgot to mention that the owners tank has been TOTM back in 04'

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/20...totm/index.php