Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/10/2007, 10:30 AM
2007 Eastern Conf. Champs

Liveaquaria does it again!

I received another amazing order from Liveaquaria.com

I've been admiring these hybrid tangs for a long time and finally decided to pull the trigger. Also got a sweet, Rainbow-like, aquacultured montipora, a Duncanopsimia (sp?) frag, a CCGC Tricolor acro frag, and a Golden Angel, who would not cooperate with my photo requests

Great shipment, as always, LA! Keep up the good work!

This tang is awesome. He's about 5-6" and was eating withing 2 hours of acclimation. It was very hard to capture the colors with my limited photography skills.

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...r/DSCN4403.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...r/DSCN4402.jpg[/IMG]

Rainbow style Monti:
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...DSCN4454-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...r/DSCN4440.jpg[/IMG]

Tricolor frag:
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...r/DSCN4446.jpg[/IMG]

section of frag tank:

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...r/DSCN4448.jpg[/IMG]

Duncan frag:

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...r/DSCN4456.jpg[/IMG]

already sprouting two babies!!!
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...r/DSCN4419.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01/10/2007, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

Very nice stuff. Your camera skills are just fine. The tang looks awesome, Can't wait to see a shot of the golden angel if she will cooperate .
Old 01/10/2007, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Awsome shots. if i may ask how much did that duncan frag set you back. Been looking for one for a while now.
Old 01/10/2007, 02:38 PM
My reef is my fix :-D

Well, that's a nice haul, right after the holidays!

I too recently bought some fantastic pieces from LA. Very happy.

Click my red house to see my tank :-)
Old 01/11/2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8944605#post8944605 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by triggerfreak
Awsome shots. if i may ask how much did that duncan frag set you back. Been looking for one for a while now.

Hi Triggerfreak.

I paid $279 for the Duncan. I have been looking for one for a long time, also, and couldn't resist.
Old 01/11/2007, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

Wow thats extremly high for a duncan. i just found this site that alot people are going to to get duncans for $25.00 a polyp.
Old 01/11/2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8953665#post8953665 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by triggerfreak
Wow thats extremly high for a duncan. i just found this site that alot people are going to to get duncans for $25.00 a polyp.
Yeah, I know which site you are talking about. 2 reasons I went with Liveaquaria. First, look at the pictures someone posted of the Duncans from the site you referred to. They are chopped right below the head. Mine have a good 3 inches of stalk on them. Second, I feel very confidant in the money back, 14 day guarantee at Liveaquaria. For this rare of a coral, I don't want to chance it.
Actually, now that I think about it, I bought it of the captive grown page. I wonder if it has the 30 day guarantee?
Maybe someone from DFS can comment here on it.
Old 01/11/2007, 03:40 PM
RC Sponsor

SPStoner,

Thank you again for your order with Drs. Foster & Smith's LiveAquaria.com. The corals and fish you received look as good in your tank right after acclimation as they did here at our facility in Rhinelander Wisconsin. Considering how cold it is now they obviously didn’t suffer a bit of shipping stress. This is the reason why we choose not to save money on freight by cutting corners on minimal shipping water and smaller bag sizes, but rather over pack all of our WYSIWYG coral, clams, fish, and inverts. By taking these steps on our end, all of our customers can rest assured the money they invest on the aquatic life purchased from us has been conditioned, packaged, handled and shipped with the utmost care.

The Duncanopsammia axifuga you received is a Drs. Foster & Smith Certified Captive Grown Coral that is grown in house in our Rhinelander Wisconsin coral facility. All of our Drs. Foster & Smith Certified Captive Grown Corals are backed by our 30-Day Arrive Alive, Stay Alive®, Risk-Free Guarantee.

The frags of the Duncans we grow and offer on the site are vivid green, and are fully adjusted to captive conditions. You can tell how well adapted they are by the coloration and also by what you alluded to in your first post showing the young polyps emerging from under the main polyp. The green variety of this coral is obviously more expensive and is the most sought after by the avid enthusiast.

Once again, I am glad that you are happy with your order and thank you for your business.

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
Director of LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith
Old 01/11/2007, 04:01 PM
My reef is my fix :-D

Wow, nice. I don't think anything comes with a 30 day guarantee anymore. Well, maybe a car

Click my red house to see my tank :-)
Old 01/11/2007, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

just another reason why LA/DFS get my cash
Old 02/01/2007, 02:03 PM
Premium Member

SPStoner, Do you have any pics of your golden angel yet ?

I just purchased a single head of the aquacultured duncan from LA. I hope I in fact got it. I think I did but I guess I wont know for sure until I get confirmed shipping. I have never ordered from LA so I am looking forward to seeing what I get...I also ordered an aquacultured bottle brush acro. You sold me on the duncan...LA should give you a referal fee , lol.