Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Richmond Reef Club

Old 11/28/2007, 11:34 PM
Mouth Pipetting

Thanks, Jim and -brandon!

Nope, just the Ushios.

Though I do get some light spilling over from the hang on refugium's 36W PC; I use that as my "dawn and dusk" effect for now. T5 actinics will be added probably some time next year. I'm thinking about getting some of those PFO parallel reflectors so that I could squeeze two 54W bulbs into the canopy (and probably two more 4" fans).

And I'll say it again . . . no sump!
Old 11/29/2007, 12:22 AM
Premium Member

Ok ok, I feel kinda left out. Watch out now, this is very exciting. Here is a pic of my AP 12G. You may wanna sit down for this one if you are not already. Tons of stuff going on in this tank It is right around two months old. You can pretty much see all of my tank inhabitants in this pic. Two clowns, two snails and two hermits. The only thing you can't see is the other scarlet legged hermit on the backside of my rock. I'm asking Santa to bring me an SPS frag or two for Christmas

Old 11/30/2007, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Looking good, I like the LR island. Are you running rowa, it might help with the hair algea.
Old 12/01/2007, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

what kind of sps are you looking for?
Old 12/02/2007, 04:00 AM
Premium Member

Whats the specs on the tank? How much light? Filtration? Its looking good, but you definitely want to stop that hair algae. If your not already running it, you should consider asking santa for a TLF Phosban Reactor and a jar of PhosBan. That works really well at knocking down the algae. Sea Hares work too, but you would have to chop it a little shorter I think. I don't think they like it as much when it is real long strands.

I can give you the required starter piece of Green Slimer if you want it. Slimer is pretty fool proof and everyone has to have at least one piece of it I'll bring it to the swap if your coming.

WreckDiver
aka: CyBrSuFr

Click the little red house for the latest tank picts

Old 12/02/2007, 11:26 AM
Premium Member

I can provide a small piece of the Orange/Pink tips SPS I have, unless Pearson is already providing a piece...

Current Livestock -

Yellow Tang // ORA Clown
Flame Angel // Sailfin Blenny
Pair Cleaner Shrimp // Sexy Anemone Shrimp
T Maxima Clam // Sebae Anemone
Old 12/02/2007, 11:00 PM
Premium Member

./mL:O8'[9Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response. I don't have any real filtration at all. I am running LR rubble and I occassionally throw the charcoal in there to clear the water up. Other than that, a 1g water change is the only "filtration" I have.

As far as the tank specs, I have an Aquapod 12G. I modded the return pump with the MJ1200 so I am running 24x turnover/hour. I am running the 70w MH sunpod for just under 6w/gallon.

I'm not picky on what SPS I'm looking for. I just want something My tank looks so bare with only fish. I really appreciate the offers for the frags but I can't make it to the swap because I will be out of town in NOVA moving one of my offices.

-Az
Old 01/04/2008, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

2 Years and Counting

Some great looking tanks down there in Richmond. Thought I would share some pics of my piece of the reef. Apologize for the titles.
All the SPS started at 1 inch or less. It's pretty cool to see how the much coral have increased in size from the initial set-up pics.

I'll try to get more pics, right now, I think the stripers are calling from Sandbridge
Old 01/05/2008, 08:13 AM
Magnetic Wall of SPS

Very Nice!

Have the cows made it down from Jersey to Sandbridge yet? Love some Ocean Rockfish pullage...

Later,

Jim
Old 01/06/2008, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

looks great!!