Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/04/2008, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

ME AGAIN!

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 01/04/2008, 03:51 PM
troublemaker

Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye ME
I was rooting for Wisconsin against Tennessee. I just can't stand any of their fans.

I guess having 75 year old men swear at you and others throw all sorts of objects at you have that effect on personal opinions.

Sorry if I disrespected you with rude comments. That's gotta be rough to take.
Evidently being sworn at causes you to [many years later] hold a remarkable grudge against anyone from Wisconsin.

But I'm just supposed to ignore your slams like they never happened, not have my personal opinion be affected by your behavior.

Funny, I see a lot of hypocrisy there.
Old 01/04/2008, 03:55 PM
Always a Buckeye

Let me know when you see hot chocolate or pennies being thrown in your direction. Then I'll listen.
Old 01/04/2008, 04:11 PM
troublemaker

How about some evidence of this beyond your word of mouth?

Otherwise it's baseless slander, could be easily made up by someone with an axe to grind.

Given your repeated statements, I'm leaning towards axe grinding.

[And, FWIW, there's been cameras on the crowd in the stadium for at least a decade ... so either we're talking about quite a while ago, or you're full of it.]
Old 01/04/2008, 04:55 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
The SEC is 6-2 in bowl games Grim and about to be 7-2. Seems pretty dominant to me.
Not when all but one of your wins have been by a touchdown or less in games where you had the home field advantage. Could VERY easily be 3-5. Doing good but not even in the same time zone as dominant.
Old 01/04/2008, 05:08 PM
Always a Buckeye

Hey Mark, are there cameras the whole way from the parking lots to the stadium?

You are known to have the worst fans in the B10, if not of college football. It must be me and the hundreds of others who have had terrible experiences there.

I went to three B10 away games in my college career. Wisconsin was the worst, followed by PSU, and Michigan was surprisingly not awful.

Quote:
“I have attended games at nearly every Big Ten stadium and can categorically state that Madison is the worst,” Michigan fan Mark Jacob Thomas, who reported having hot cocoa and bratwursts thrown at him at past Badger games, said in an e-mail to UW Chancellor John Wiley. “Iowa fans are nuts and Ohio State fans are hostile, but at Wisconsin, the students are drunk beyond comprehension and incredibly abusive verbally and physically."
http://althouse.blogspot.com/2005/10...nd-yelled.html
Old 01/04/2008, 05:17 PM
troublemaker

http://media.http://www.michigandaily.com/media/s...-2505543.shtml

Perhaps you should look in the mirror before casting stones at someone else

Anyway, you've obviously got an axe to grind.
Hope it brings you happiness.

Last edited by MiddletonMark; 01/04/2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01/04/2008, 05:27 PM
Always a Buckeye

I never made any comments about our fans. We have our share of idiots as well.

I want to draw your attention, however, to a part of your own link.

Quote:
That anxiety never quite left during my 24 hours in Columbus, though in the hours leading up to the game, I was welcomed in a friendly way that threw me off. The treatment was comparable to my experience in East Lansing last year. In fact, these fans were, at times, much more willing to chat.

An old man spent 15 minutes telling me about Ohio State's gameday tradition, and several Buckeye fans asked to make sure I was enjoying myself.
This was quite a contrast from the environment I encountered everywhere I went in Madison, and the old men there that swear like students.

I am criticizing your holier than thou attitude, not claiming we have awesome, friendly fans throughout. You need to open your eyes.

I despise Wisconsin fans and will never go back there.
Old 01/04/2008, 06:01 PM
troublemaker

How about reading a little further, and continuing through page two.

Anyway, as you seem determined to get this thread closed through negativity ... I'll leave you to continue down that road by yourself.

Last edited by MiddletonMark; 01/04/2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01/04/2008, 06:44 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Not when all but one of your wins have been by a touchdown or less in games where you had the home field advantage. Could VERY easily be 3-5. Doing good but not even in the same time zone as dominant.
Are we 6 and 2 or are you to stubborn to realize the facts that the SEC is dominance. A win is a win, does not matter if you win by an inch or a mile a win is a win.

Watch and see what happens to OSU yet again. They might not get blown out like they did last year but they will be beat.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/04/2008, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bluerug
Are we 6 and 2 or are you to stubborn to realize the facts that the SEC is dominance. A win is a win, does not matter if you win by an inch or a mile a win is a win.

Watch and see what happens to OSU yet again. They might not get blown out like they did last year but they will be beat.
Care to make the same wager you made with semi about Georgia and Florida I'm quite confident my Bucks will get it done
Old 01/04/2008, 06:58 PM

Call it a deal. But I don't want you to have the tigers badge I want you to have the BullDawgs badge. And I will of course take that horrific buckeye badge, but it ain't gonna happen so bet on.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/04/2008, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

SC would beat either Ohio State or LSU. Even the odds makers in Vegas agree. They would be favored in either match up.
Old 01/04/2008, 08:10 PM
Here comes the Gators

Yo Rug I want in this too. Is it ok if I get on this bet? If Ohio State beats LSU, you and I get OSU avatars. If LSU wins, Emerald gets the UGA avatar. However, there is a catch, if LSU wins, I only keep the UGA avatar for half the time. Think about it, having a OSU avatar is much more insulting than a UGA avatar so its even more of a risk for me. Deal?

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/04/2008, 08:13 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by MiddletonMark
How about reading a little further, and continuing through page two.

Anyway, as you seem determined to get this thread closed through negativity ... I'll leave you to continue down that road by yourself.

Hey man, no need to take offense. This is college football, not analytical philosophy. Come on, get in the college football spirit and get thicker skin. There are people that are always going to disagree with you no matter what!

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/04/2008, 10:06 PM
Always a Buckeye

Quote:
Hey man, no need to take offense. This is college football, not analytical philosophy. Come on, get in the college football spirit and get thicker skin. There are people that are always going to disagree with you no matter what!
[violation]

Last edited by beerguy; 01/05/2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01/04/2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bluerug

Did Santa, The Easter Bunny or your Mommy tell you they are dominant?

I realize you got to keep telling yourself a win is a win cause otherwise you would have to admit that the SEC is overrated every year because of the rent A victims they schedule to start the year to pad their stats.

Here's a hint: When one of your better teams struggles to beat a team that had 35 players suspended for the game and that team would have been an underdog even if they had their whole team, that isn't dominance, it's pathetic
Old 01/05/2008, 08:19 AM
Moved In

Ok guys...let's relax here so we don't lock this thread down. It's your choice.

Pssst..It's only football ;^)

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 01/05/2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dc

Pssst..It's only football ;^)
THOU HAST BLASPHEMED!!!!!!!!!!!

That will cost you 12 our Pete Carrols, 20 Hail Tebows and a 5th of single malt scotch. If you send the scotch to me I will make sure it gets to the right spot.
Old 01/05/2008, 08:52 AM
Moved In

Silly man you realize I have no idea who you are even talking about...

Another note, let's not let football go the way of religion and politics...if you don't like what someone says, just ignore it..dumping gas on a fire is seldom a good idea..well unless you want a really big fire.....

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 01/05/2008, 10:50 AM

Pete is the coach (skinny white guy that stands on the sideline and yells at the refs) and Tebow is the Quarterback (the guy who tries to throw that funny brown pumpkin to the ground before someone catches it)
Old 01/05/2008, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HaroldT
SC would beat either Ohio State or LSU. Even the odds makers in Vegas agree. They would be favored in either match up.
Next year Sc gets their shot at Osu...and Vegas also picked Florida over Michigan
Old 01/05/2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Did Santa, The Easter Bunny or your Mommy tell you they are dominant?

I realize you got to keep telling yourself a win is a win cause otherwise you would have to admit that the SEC is overrated every year because of the rent A victims they schedule to start the year to pad their stats.

Here's a hint: When one of your better teams struggles to beat a team that had 35 players suspended for the game and that team would have been an underdog even if they had their whole team, that isn't dominance, it's pathetic
Numbers are numbers grim. SEC is 6-2, far ahead of the other conferences.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/05/2008, 04:30 PM
Here comes the Gators

Rug, funny thing is, Grim is usually the one that tries to use numbers to help his case. Now that the numbers "6-2" are against him, he tries to use more numbers. . Grim, even though 35 players got suspended more than 90 percent of them didn't make a darn difference so what does it matter? What, they lost like 3-4 guys that could of helped? Seems like FSU had more of a reason to play a game with the suspensions so if anything it helped them. ...Grim Grim Grim.

Crap, there is WAY TOO MANY mods in this thread now. Anemone was already enough as it was. . Please shoo, leave, go away, you guys are killing it!

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/05/2008, 04:35 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Yo Rug I want in this too. Is it ok if I get on this bet? If Ohio State beats LSU, you and I get OSU avatars. If LSU wins, Emerald gets the UGA avatar. However, there is a catch, if LSU wins, I only keep the UGA avatar for half the time. Think about it, having a OSU avatar is much more insulting than a UGA avatar so its even more of a risk for me. Deal?
So what do you think Rug? Sounds good?

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!