Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/06/2005, 11:22 AM
Premium Member

Micros not doing well

I picked up a colony of micros Saturday and acclimated them for about an hour. SAturday eveniing they looked really good. Sunday, they were deflated. Today, the flesh is coming off a few polyps on one end. It's not coming off in sheets or big pieces, but in little tiny pieces and is scattered, not like sps rtn. There is no brown jelly, but the polyp mouths are gaping. Seems to be progressing fairly rapidly. I have four lords colonies that are doing great, right next to the micro. I have done a water changed and increased the amount of carbon that I am running in the frag tank. Any ideas?
Old 06/06/2005, 11:31 AM
Moved On

Try an Iodine dip. I have never ( knock on wood) had any issues with Micros or Acans
Old 06/06/2005, 11:45 AM
Premium Member

I haven't had any issues before either. This is why I am a bit perplexed. I have the Lugol's mixing now...

The coral itself, has a "dead hermit crab" type smell which I believe may be caused by bacteria. Just an observation.
Old 06/06/2005, 12:03 PM
Moved On

wow, good luck! I've had some polyps peel off before, but very rarerly let us know how the dippin works