Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Feedback and Questions
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/07/2005, 03:05 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Anemone
http://www.members.shaw.ca/rcsmilies/frech049.gif

um..really. chris is in contruction, and renevation. He may trade and sell to those who don't have anythign to trade a few pieces now and then.. but he doesn't have wholesale permits.. I've never seen him down crusing 104. ha....he isn't an coral retail business..heck I sell more corals then him.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:06 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

Brahm - we've had the conversation; you didn't like the answer. The answer hasn't changed.

I know you read my sticky in the LPS forum. Buying with intent to resell makes you commercial. I don't care if you break even or not. Additionally, when asked to stop by a moderator, calling them names, threatening them, etc....isn't likely to bode well for you. Likewise, signing up with another alias to do more name calling and general BS will almost always "seal the deal."

I'm being condescending because you keep complaining about the same thing even though you've been given explanations. You don't want answers; if you did you wouldn't keep asking the same questions.

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:07 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by brahm
Chris had a site up because he was trying to get some good deals on some stuff from germany, and he has a hot head haha, HE doesn't have an Active Online business. show me "Chris's Coral Expensanze site?" or links to his plethera of on going ebay auctions, selling one or two of your corals on ebay doesn't make you a business. Instead of being condensending why don't you tell us.
Sorry. He has imported more corals than many admitted "dealers." From wholesalers. That he then sold. What exactly does it take to be "commercial" in your eyes? Oh, and amazing how many "non-indo" and mismarked Japanese Acans just happened to be in his shipments that were transhipped through Japan.

Kevin
Old 06/07/2005, 03:12 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
.. but he doesn't have wholesale permits..
Really? He has said differently on various boards when announcing the arrival of "special" shipments (of favias and blastos ) from Japan.

Kevin
Old 06/07/2005, 03:15 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by beerguy
Brahm - we've had the conversation; you didn't like the answer. The answer hasn't changed.

I know you read my sticky in the LPS forum. Buying with intent to resell makes you commercial. I don't care if you break even or not. Additionally, when asked to stop by a moderator, calling them names, threatening them, etc....isn't likely to bode well for you. Likewise, signing up with another alias to do more name calling and general BS will almost always "seal the deal."

I'm being condescending because you keep complaining about the same thing even though you've been given explanations. You don't want answers; if you did you wouldn't keep asking the same questions.

Where is he selling? I haven't seen any for sale threads by him? He doesn't have a coral selling web site up, i've only seen 2 or 3 auctions on ebay, I've seen trade and likewise? Yea I can understand the later aka hot headness but how you like it if you were singled out, I've modded/admined many boards some as big as RC (the now defunct SDSR) It just seems on here, things get taken way to far for way to little. THe end goal of this place is to create a happy productive forum and promote the hobby i don't see how banning people like chris acccomplishes any of this.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:18 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

You're clearly correct. We've made an egregious error. He was clearly holding all those corals for a friend.

Old 06/07/2005, 03:18 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Sorry. He has imported more corals than many admitted "dealers." From wholesalers. That he then sold. What exactly does it take to be "commercial" in your eyes? Oh, and amazing how many "non-indo" and mismarked Japanese Acans just happened to be in his shipments that were transhipped through Japan.

Kevin

please show me where he was selling the jap stuff? Or his "Chris's Japan corals super special sale board?" and if people email how is that youre fault when I first posted up my acans, and blastos i had a million people asking me to buy them.. No where did i say "FOR SALE" how would i be @ fault for that.

Last edited by beerguy; 06/07/2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:19 PM
Moved On

Quote:
You're clearly correct. We've made an egregious error. He was clearly holding all those corals for a friend.
You mean himself?
Old 06/07/2005, 03:20 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Really? He has said differently on various boards when announcing the arrival of "special" shipments (of favias and blastos ) from Japan.

Kevin
Ok, and where after that does it say "AND THEY WILL ALL BE ON SALE LOW LOW PRICES?" come on the guy is a collecter, a little obsessed but a collecter, and now your saying you banned him from RC for activities based on another board?
Old 06/07/2005, 03:21 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

Brahm - this thread isn't about Chris, although he did just try to join in probably at your suggestion, it is about folk following the rules in the LPS forum. If you've got something constructive to post in that regard please post it. If not, you'd be better served to stop now.

Old 06/07/2005, 03:24 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Ok, and where after that does it say "AND THEY WILL ALL BE ON SALE LOW LOW PRICES?" come on the guy is a collecter, a little obsessed but a collecter, and now your saying you banned him from RC for activities based on another board?
Sigh. This isn't a "why was mane banned" thread. He was commercial. Period. No argument. We have more than enough evidence. And no, I'm not planning on presenting it all here so you, Brahm, can approve or disapprove.

Kevin
Old 06/07/2005, 03:26 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Brahm - this thread isn't about Chris, although he did just try to join in probably at your suggestion, it is about folk following the rules in the LPS forum. If you've got something constructive to post in that regard please post it. If not, you'd be better served to stop now.
Wait wait wait, This is about the LPS forum, it's just one point in the whole poblems, and i think thats problem is you ASSUME to much, why would I request him to do anything. I take offence at your assumptions, and now your telling me I shoudln't be posting my feedback and concerns in the FEEDBACK and Question section or else. Come on now, have some RESPECT for the members of this community. I don't recall reading the part of the agreement that said you may only post messages that Beerguy deams constructive. I guess what myself and other members of this board deam constructive are not important.. and why is it the only thing your commenting on is my posts in regards to chris why dont' you go back and read the rest of what i wrote.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:28 PM
Moved On

oh, and the only reason i bring up chris & randy is because i feel they the are the ones the was injustly banned and asked to stop posting, the others that were asked to stop posting as of recent.. (sorry guys but it's the truth..)... I agreed with.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:32 PM
Moved On

Quote:

when I first posted up my acans, and blastos i had a million people asking me to buy them.. No where did i say "FOR SALE" how would i be @ fault for that.
Brahm, there theory is that we are only posting Pics to Advertise and not for the enjoyment. You are fighting a losing battle and only risking your own RC account.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:34 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

Quote:
I don't recall reading the part of the agreement that said you may only post messages that Beerguy deams constructive.
It's there, check the fine print.

Old 06/07/2005, 03:37 PM
Moved On

it also says this is a family site.. hmm..curious gorge getting wasted.. real pg.....

come on now guys..the bottom line is this is supposed to be a fun online productive community, yea we all have our faults. But sometimes the good out ways the bad, It's time to start taking things with a grain salt, can you HONESTlY say RC is a better place without these people and information, resoucses, and just good times they brought to the community. I think the proof is in the pudding the fact that this has been an ongoing debate for how many months now just shows how many people agree. (and don't even make me bring up Dave B.. another great assest to the community lost to bueracracy)
Old 06/07/2005, 03:39 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Wait wait wait, This is about the LPS forum, it's just one point in the whole poblems, and i think thats problem is you ASSUME to much, why would I request him to do anything. I take offence at your assumptions, and now your telling me I shoudln't be posting my feedback and concerns in the FEEDBACK and Question section or else. Come on now, have some RESPECT for the members of this community. I don't recall reading the part of the agreement that said you may only post messages that Beerguy deams constructive. I guess what myself and other members of this board deam constructive are not important.. and why is it the only thing your commenting on is my posts in regards to chris why dont' you go back and read the rest of what i wrote.
The issue with your post is that we have already been over this ground. Remember this thread:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1

Same general topic, an you tried to give the board a black eye by insinuating that admins here read people's PMs without permission?

Kevin
Old 06/07/2005, 03:42 PM
Moved On

Quote:
The issue with your post is that we have already been over this ground. Remeber this thread:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1

Same general topic, an you tried to give the board a black eye by insinuating that admins here read people's PMs without permission?

Kevin

You misread what i wrote. I was all for admins reading pms. As an admin myself. It would be a great injustice the day I would not be allowed to run my board how i see fit. I think it's important for Admins to have complet acsess at there discretion to ANY information on the bbs system. You don't know how many trolls, and fights and other stuff. I've preveneted and stopped or cooled down by going threw my users pms in the past and seeing what the heck they thought they were doing being the scenes (ie.. double users.. friends ganging up on people pretending to not know each other) ect ect. .

edit: You deem that admins reading people pms without there permissions as a bad thing, i think it's nessary and not a bad thing at all a PM is private from the rest of the community. NOT the Admins.

Last edited by brahm; 06/07/2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:43 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

Quote:
can you HONESTlY say RC is a better place without these people

Brahm - the fact of the matter is that the person who owns the site, and writes the check for hosting and bandwidth every month, thinks it is; I tend to agree. All of the folks that you're upset about losing have one thing in common.

Quote:
I think the proof is in the pudding the fact that this has been an ongoing debate for how many months now just shows how many people agree.
The only ones I see continuing the debate are those who have a vested interest; which pretty much makes the point that we're doing the right thing.

Old 06/07/2005, 03:45 PM
Moved On

What vested intrest is this? I've never purchased or sold a coral to either of the people I'm talking about.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:52 PM
Moved On

Quote:

The only ones I see continuing the debate are those who have a vested interest; which pretty much makes the point that we're doing the right thing.
Vested Interest??????? These Accusations are utter BS! I have no vested Interest in any of these "so called" vendors and quite frankly am tired of being accused of it. Another one of your Opinions that have no FACTS associated with it.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:53 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

So you're entitled to opinions but I'm not?

Old 06/07/2005, 03:55 PM
Moved On

haha.. sorry had to post this.. ...hmm must not have hit save.. (edit repost)

Sorry - but last I checked Chris was a banned user; i.e. he doesn't get to post here.

--beerguy

Last edited by beerguy; 06/07/2005 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06/07/2005, 03:56 PM
Moved On

OUT!
Old 06/07/2005, 04:01 PM
Moved On

what, it's VOodoooo post be gone! Come on now, even the most heated debates you gotta be able to find some laughs.. geez