Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/06/2004, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

The best Pizza ever!

Everyone loves pizza, but what's your favorite?

I'm tired of the chain store pizzas, there has to be something different out there that would taste better than the same old same old...

What's the craziest combo you've ever tried or heard of, I'm ready for anything!
Old 11/06/2004, 07:25 PM
m0delgator

thin stretched crust, quick dose of olive oil, chopped fresh basil, thin slices of fresh moz, salt, pepper. Throw it on a hot grill for 5 minutes and you're done.

Or did you mean pizza ordered out somewhere?
Old 11/06/2004, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

A small place in Sout St. Louis County called That'sa Nice'a Pizza has the best pizza I have ever tasted.......and I eat a LOT of pizza.
They are located at Baptist Chruch road and Hwy 21.....if you're ever in the area, do yourself a favor and get one.
Its thin and crispy crust pizza. They roll their own dough, cook their own sauce, and grind their meats and cheeses by hand. Nothing comes out of a can or a bag at this place.

A 16 inch Lumberjack Special (sausage, pepperoni, hamburger, bacon, skinned tomatoes, extra cheese and finely chopped jalapenos) with a That'sa Nice'a salad...........makes my arteries hard just thinnking about it!
Old 11/06/2004, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

A grilled pizza, now that's an idea!
Old 11/06/2004, 07:43 PM
reefaholic

A pizza from any of the Italian restaraunts on Wooster St in New Haven, CT. Most nights there are long lines to go into Pepe's and The Spot. If you have people waiting in line to eat a ubiquitous food like pizza, it's got to be good.

Visit our CTARS club website by clicking the 'red house' icon above :)
Old 11/06/2004, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

My friend from Northern NJ always tells me boardwalk pizza is the best, and I cant argue b/c I've never had it. BUt I'll thro a vote in for Pizza Hut.
Old 11/06/2004, 07:54 PM
Soul of a Sailor

Pizza hut is the absolute worst pizza chain there is. They don't believe in putting sauce on their pizza. If I just wanted cheesy bread I would order it. The best chain is Donatos. Their thin crust is hard to beat. I don't think we even have any non-chain pizza places around here.
Old 11/06/2004, 07:59 PM
Premium Member

You haven't had pizza until you've had it with traditional mozzarella di bufala - that's buffalo cheese to you laymen
Old 11/06/2004, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by greenbean36191
Pizza hut is the absolute worst pizza chain there is. They don't believe in putting sauce on their pizza. If I just wanted cheesy bread I would order it. The best chain is Donatos. Their thin crust is hard to beat. I don't think we even have any non-chain pizza places around here.
mmm...you're right, i forgot about Donato's. I'd like to revers my vote (and I'm not even from Florida).
Old 11/06/2004, 08:07 PM
Premium Member

Grimaldi's in Brooklyn or Famous Original Rays in Manhattan -- But I agree it is hard to beat those two pizza joints in New Haven
Old 11/06/2004, 08:09 PM
m0delgator

Quote:
Originally posted by NaClH20reeffish
A grilled pizza, now that's an idea!
Try it sometime. Get the grill hot, then turn the burners all the way down a few minutes before putting it on. Even really thin crust bakes hard before it has time to seep down between the gaps on your grate.

IMHO it's as close as you can get to pizza cooked over a wood fire in a brick oven without the brick oven.

Quote:
I don't think we even have any non-chain pizza places around here.
It's the opposite here. My town has 3 or 4 non-chain places, the closest chain I know of is more than half an hour away.
Old 11/06/2004, 08:18 PM
Noooo don't bite it

East Chicago Pizza has the best taco pizza I have ever had. They are located somehere near Mt. Vernon, Ohio and its by a state park thats all I know.
Old 11/06/2004, 08:39 PM
Xenia Philanthropist

My favorite pizza right now has to be from Rosati's, which is a chain, but a good chain: http://www.rosatis.com/ . I like the "Chicago deep dish" and I have them throw extra cheese on the top. It has a ton of rich tomato sauce and cheese. Supposedly their meats are really good too, from what my hubby says, but I get just cheese on mine.

The pizza is so thick and filling that I can't eat more than 2 pieces... but YUM!!!

Crystal
Old 11/06/2004, 09:06 PM
a wrasse cleans my... bb

Why is pizza like sex?

Even if it's bad, it's still kinda good.
Old 11/07/2004, 12:37 AM
PNWMAS member

Exactly Saltz Creep

THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO LEARN!!

240 build in the works!.....(slowly)
Old 11/07/2004, 01:05 AM
High on Reefing!

well as for fast food pizza places it has to be the thin crust from papa johns with ham & pineapple.

as for favorete pizza of all time.. its home made!! I use olive oil, garlic, a ricotta-oregano-sweetbasil mixture with cheese and proccuto, basil, tomato slices and mozzarella mixture on top.
Old 11/07/2004, 04:09 AM
Premium Member

I work for this guy who is a 5 times pizza acrobatic world champion. He has been on food network, travel network multiple times and was on J-Leno show one time. The restaurant is called Pyzano's in Castro Valley, CA. I have gotten spoiled by Pyzano's pizza that I can not eat any other cheap pizza.
Old 11/07/2004, 06:27 AM
Loan Shark Willy

i like pizza hut.

however, round table is the best chain pizza i've ever had.
Old 11/07/2004, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

my favorite non-chain pizza place is called Peace of Pizza in Newark Delaware, and everything is sold by the slice but they are really good and they always have interesting types of pizza. My favorite is the eggplant parmesan pizza...yumm!! :-)
Old 11/07/2004, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquaguru
East Chicago Pizza has the best taco pizza I have ever had. They are located somehere near Mt. Vernon, Ohio and its by a state park thats all I know.
One of my fraternity brothers parents own that place. He used to bring us tons of pizza after the weekends. Good stuff.
Old 11/07/2004, 09:18 AM
PARC Member & Reef Monkey

Non-chain Pizza Box of Glenside sauce is homemade and is incredible.

Chain--Have to agree with Donato's
Old 11/07/2004, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

there is a place here in little ole' Corning, NY called Annellio's (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) that makes great thin crust pizza. They also make one called a BLT pizza. Bacon, lettuce and tomato on the crust and some Mayo for spread while you eat. STrangely very very good. Pizza for breakfast anyone?....

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. - Edward Hoagland
Old 11/07/2004, 08:43 PM
The Original Happy Banana

The only bad point to living in the south -- no really good pizza places.
Old 11/07/2004, 11:40 PM
Ancient Eskimo Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by ClarkiiClownfish
A small place in Sout St. Louis County called That'sa Nice'a Pizza has the best pizza I have ever tasted.......and I eat a LOT of pizza.
They are located at Baptist Chruch road and Hwy 21.....if you're ever in the area, do yourself a favor and get one.
Its thin and crispy crust pizza. They roll their own dough, cook their own sauce, and grind their meats and cheeses by hand. Nothing comes out of a can or a bag at this place.

A 16 inch Lumberjack Special (sausage, pepperoni, hamburger, bacon, skinned tomatoes, extra cheese and finely chopped jalapenos) with a That'sa Nice'a salad...........makes my arteries hard just thinnking about it!
They have the best pizza I have ever ate...and I have ate at many, many, many mom and pop pizza joints.

Nanook

"The wind blew, the detritus flew and then they came two by two."
Old 11/08/2004, 12:47 AM
Registered Member

Well you asked for weird, when I lived in Brazil they had mayonaisse, corn, and sardines. Not very good, but better than I thought it would be.